Sailing the Same Ship More Than Once

picklebongo

I'm considering sailing on the Liberty again this September and I'm wondering how many of you have sailed the same ship multiple times. Is the excitement lessened because you already know what to expect or does it feel like coming home?

Are there folks who would never consider sailing the same ship? If so, why not?

My wife and I are going on the Miracle this May, leaving on the same date as last year, doing the same itinerary and staying in the same cabin. On our cruise we are sailing with 2 other couples that sailed with us last year and there are several that have sailed her in the past.

For us, we like the ship, the timing and the price were right and we like the ports and the fact that it is an 8 day with 3 stops so we have 4 sea days total. Plus it sails out of NY and we are a 45 minute drive to the port.

So my long story means this to you.......Do you want to go on this cruise? If the answer is yes, then go.

I am booked on the Inspiration for May 21-25 (Catalina & Ensenada) and again on July 6-9 (Ensenada).

This happened because originally both my daughters were going to join me in May, but my younger daughter found out her finals (college) were the same week as the cruise. She was so upset because she really wanted to go on the cruise so much, so I booked us (daughter #2 & me) for July 6, which also happens to be her birthday. Works out great since I get to go twice!:p

Our 4th cruise on the Freedom is planned this July. We pick all of our cruises based on itinerary and date. The Freedom just happens to be the ship that works! Good thing we love it!

It is really neat being on the same ship for different trips to different places. The crowd changes so much.

There are several ships I have cruised on 3 times. I enjoy it every time. Just like when I go to a port for the 7th or 8th time I still enjoy it.

I always find something new to enjoy or If it is something I realy like I enjoy it again

We have sailed B2B on the same ship a few times. It is fun.

Been on the Miracle and Legend many times. We prefer the Decor of the Legend, but that is us.

Also been on the Spirit and Glory many times. Don't care for the layout of those ships. But that don't stop us if the price is right.

Out of the Carnival Ships that we have been on I like the Freedom the best.

Haven't been on the Dream class yet.

No matter how many times you go on the same ship things change and wil be different. Sometimes for the better and sometimes not.

I have sailed on the Triumph 4 times and loved it!! That is still to date my favorite ship. The Triumph was my very first cruise I even been on and it will always be special to me everytime I cruise on it!! I cruise the same ships because I live less than 2 miles from the port and I don't see why I should spend money to fly to another port and pay for a hotel when all I have to do is get someone to drop us off and come pick us up or take a taxi!! If you really like that ship and the itinerary then I say do it!!

I was on the Liberty two months ago and is 2.0 meaning they have the burger joint and martini bar?

Yes, Liberty received Guy's Burger Shack, DJ Irie, Blue Iguana Cantina and 4 bars in the FunShip 2.0 upgrade. The bars are, Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy, and EA Sports Bar.

I'm considering sailing on the Liberty again this September and I'm wondering how many of you have sailed the same ship multiple times. Is the excitement lessened because you already know what to expect or does it feel like coming home?

Definitely feels like coming home to me. I've spent 15 days on the Imagination on a B2B2B (don't know if that counts), did a B2B on the Valor, been on the Legend twice, the Triumph twice, and the Holiday 3 times. I think if you have a great time on a ship, you look forward to going back again and reconnecting with the crew and reliving the fun. But I also think that if I were to have a not so great time on a ship, I would still go back to see if it was just a one off cruise - depending on the crew and passengers, every cruise is completely different. But then again, I just love Carnival and as long as the timing and price were right, I'd go on any ship, any time. :)

Picklebongo,

We leave later today for our fifth cruise on Liberty and we're likely to book her again for 2014. We've sailed her 8 days on deck 10, 14 on deck six aft wrap, 7 on deck eight aft wrap and we'll be on deck seven in an aft wrap Saturday. It's a lot like coming home; we know what to expect, where everything is, what we want to do, and most importantly we know how we'll feel. :) We have sailed her siblings so we know that conquest class ships are all pretty much the same, but Liberty is our favorite for many reasons.

There are two other Carnival ships that we feel are must do; Dream and Paradise. Dream because of her spa that we loved and Paradise because we were booked back to back on her for next week and jumped ship to Liberty due to outrageou$ airfare to Tampa.

We also plan to do Destiny again after she is renamed Sunshine just to try out the new deck 5 aft wrap. Our B2B Destiny cruise was the absolute smoothest we've ever experienced; two cruises with seas as smooth as glass. Yeah I know the ship had nothing to do with that, but regardless that's what I think of with Destiny.

Back to your question about the excitement level; No the excitement level is not lessened or at least I can't imagine how I could be more excited than I am right now. :cool:

Wife and I will have sailed on the Fantasy 3 times after our April 28th cruise. The feeling is that we go to get away and are still looking forward to the cruise and returning to Key West from two years ago.

I have sailed on the Sensation seven times and the Fantasy four times. I just love being on the ship. Some people cruise for the ports but I cruise for the ship. I just love being on the ship and I don't like having to rush to get back on the ship when it visits the different ports. I cruised on the Fantasy when it sailed from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas. Now the Sensation does that itinerary. I love this particular itinerary because the ship spends the night docked at the island and you don't have to rush back to the ship. You have a chance to experience the night life on the island and still get to enjoy time on the ship.

Never say never, but I don't like to repeat ships. I try to get on a different ship every time, or even better, a different class.

The only exception is Royal's Oasis. Ship is so big that I didn't get bored.

I have been on Triumph, Fascination, Ecstasy & Liberty twice. I'm thinking of booking Valor again at the last minute for next month.

If I can find a good deal and the ship has a good itinerary that I like, I'll go on the same ship every time. I would book Liberty again and again in a heartbeat if I can get a deal like I got last time.

We've only been on 5 cruises so far. We have never sailed a ship more than once. But as others said- if the iten, price & dates were right, I wouldn't hesitate to book a ship again. If you liked the Liberty, then I am sure you'd like it again.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO piclebongo: We have sailed on the Triumph three times. It is our favorite ship on the Carnival fleet. Each time on the ship the crew made us feel special. It was a different crew each time.

We have also sailed on the Constellation three times. It was a nice ship, however, Celebrity Cruise Line is going to ruin the ship by making it more like the Solstice Class ships. We won't be going on Celebrity any time soon, needless to say.

We have done multiple sailings on 2 different ships, and also the same itinerary and getting ready to do it again on the Dream. My wife loves St Maarten and I love St thomas. It's cool to be able to go back on the same ship and see the same server or bartender or room steward that you had bonded with on a previous cruise and thats happened quite a bit. We will eventually try new ships but for now we'll stay with a favorite for another

trip

Archived