Waiting to get in the game!

We have never cruised but are hoping to change that. We decided end of last year that for our 30th anniversary we will take our first cruise. That will be in 2013.

So my friends that have cruised before and are going with us suggested I start looking on this website to educate myself and ask questions.

I have done that, including following the Trainman story and posts (much to my delight).

I hear tell that our cruise should come online mid April. From what I have read online here at CC - I hope our booking goes smoothly.

I feel that after we book I will feel like a player in a game that so far I have just read about in a paper!

I've no doubt that your booking will go smoothly, I'm sure you've gained lots of knowledge while observing from the bench. Welcome to The Game, I wish you a wonderful first cruise AND a happy 30th anniversary! Congrats! :)

Which sailing are you considering?

Congratulations and welcome! Are you planning to do the booking alone? I highly recommend a travel agent for your first trip....I know some will disagree, but we've been grateful for their knowledge as we learned about the world of cruising!

Which sailing are you considering?

His post history indicates he is considering a southern Caribbean cruise on Explorer in Nov or Dec of 13. That would be a fun start to cruising I assume.

Congratulations and welcome! Are you planning to do the booking alone? I highly recommend a travel agent for your first trip....I know some will disagree, but we've been grateful for their knowledge as we learned about the world of cruising!

Right, I will disagree.

The best way to learn is to do it yourself. You control your reservation. You make the decisions.

In addition, the choice of a TA can be quite hit or miss, especially with some opening shop in their basements and having limited experience.

His post history indicates he is considering a southern Caribbean cruise on Explorer in Nov or Dec of 13.

That, especially in December, would indeed be a break from cold snowy Canada. CC is certainly the right place for info and experienced advice. Another great co-site for info about port stops is www.tripadvisor.com which is also free and had great forums with local Destination Experts for many places. So. Carib. itineraries are very port intensive.

The cruise we are looking at is on Adventure of Seas with the Southern Caribbean route that I call the "St.s". So no aruba.

I have been talking with a TA who just booked an all inclusive to dominican for her grad trip.

I will entertain what the TA has to offer and talk to Royal direct to see where the best possibilites lie (ie. if I book through travel agent and prices go down can I access the better pricing). This was another tip I learned off of CC - always check out the long term deal benefits.

As I mentioned before we will be cruising with our friends who finally talked us into it - they are emerald level I believe.

Just when are these cruises coming online?

Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming 30th! We did our first cruise last year for our 25th. What an amazing experience. You will get great support from the CC members. I heard that the new deployment schedule should be out this week for the caribbean...?Tuesday someone said....

If you have friends that can recommend a TA, that would be a good idea as being in Ontario we have to co-ordinate planes and hotels to get to most cruise ports(you will plan on going a day before I hope. Saves worries if you can.) Mind you if you are a more experienced traveller than we were, then you can probably book on your own. Good luck and enjoy the fun of planning.

We have never cruised but are hoping to change that. We decided end of last year that for our 30th anniversary we will take our first cruise. That will be in 2013.

So my friends that have cruised before and are going with us suggested I start looking on this website to educate myself and ask questions.

I have done that, including following the Trainman story and posts (much to my delight).

I hear tell that our cruise should come online mid April. From what I have read online here at CC - I hope our booking goes smoothly.

I feel that after we book I will feel like a player in a game that so far I have just read about in a paper!

We have done our 25th and 30th anniversary on cruises and had a great time both times. This really looks like a fun itinerary. You don't work for a company that's name starts with H do you?

The cruise we are looking at is on Adventure of Seas with the Southern Caribbean route that I call the "St.s". So no aruba.

I have been talking with a TA who just booked an all inclusive to dominican for her grad trip.

I will entertain what the TA has to offer and talk to Royal direct to see where the best possibilites lie (ie. if I book through travel agent and prices go down can I access the better pricing). This was another tip I learned off of CC - always check out the long term deal benefits.

As I mentioned before we will be cruising with our friends who finally talked us into it - they are emerald level I believe.

Just when are these cruises coming online?

We did this same cruise last year. Great ship/crew and the St's are fanastic. If you are up to it, do some snorkling on Bucks island reef.

They take real good care of all beginners.

Also do Prickly Pear inland in Antiqua. It is a private island for a relaxing day. The food is good and included in the price. Again, they take good care of you.

jdc2204

One of the best pieces of advice that you'll get is this: fly in the day before, especially if coming from Canada - ANYwhere in Canada.

Somebody else mentioned it & I felt as a fellow Canadian it is worth repeating. If I had had access to this board before my first cruise I would probably have found that tidbit out. Lesson learned. It adds a little more expense to the trip but in the end it is SO much worth it.

I really hope you book & have a great cruise! :)

Archived