Anyone tried this?

kayhold

I saw this the other day. How is it different than, say, Island Marketing which basically markets shore excursions in different ports to cruisers of various lines?

Edit to add... I can't remember the name at this moment, but when we did the Med cruise there were other shore excursion companies that booked for multiple ports.

Haven't used the company (yet) but have come across their website when doing a general internet search for private shore excursions at different ports.

Looked at what they are offering for Roatan when we go in November. They are offering an excursion similar to one that Carnival offered on the ship last year but was not (and is not for this year's) on the Carnival website pre-cruise. I will have to go check the shore excursions list I saved from last year's cruise to compare prices.

Thanks for posting the information!

I just looked at this excursion site. I checked to see if any of the trips I have booked for our 4-22 cruise were listed, and not one of them was mentioned. I guess I'm happy they weren't there, so I don't regret what I paid.:rolleyes:

I saw something on this a few weeks ago. Very limited tours available for our upcoming cruise. I decided I was a bit nervous about a company that would book a tour on a short port day with only 7 hours in port for a 6 hour tour departing 1 hour after the ship docked. :eek:

I looked into this last week or the week before, and now again this morning. For our cruise to Key West and Nassau out of Jacksonville, they only list one excursion for Key West and nothing at all for Nassau. I don't know if that is going to change as it gets closer to sailing time or not.

Something that I didn't see in this article that I read in another article is that Viator is guaranteeing that you will get back to the ship in time, or else they will pay the expense to catch you up to the ship. That's something that I don't think most private tours will pay for.

I always wondered why a site like tripadvisor never got into something like this. It seems to be a good service - if it works!:) Me - I am just starting to "wander" off cruiseline excursions - and only if it is at a port I have been to a few times. (just call me chicken of the seas!)

Archived