Golden.... showing the NHL playoffs?

kathy_bc

OP - thanks for asking this.

GO BRUINS:):D:)

Just noticed you are from BC. We will be spending a few days there before our Alaska cruise and so looking forward

to it.

Sorry, not this time.:D:):D

Is there anywhere on the Golden that will show the NHL playoffs? They start on Apr 11....

I take it you're a Canucks fans? :D Given that they're facing the Kings in the first round, your itinerary should provide a chance to be shown through ESPN.

I just got off the Sapphire and they had the final 4 and the national semifinal games on the movie under the stars big screen outside. They might show a game but it will be on ESPN which we had in our room or one of the bars on the ship might carry a game.

do not count on seeing any hockey on the big screen or in the bars they are restricted to a few channels and hockey is usually not on the menu we have asked in the past and had no luck. This past march we were on a rc ship, sports bar was empty every night asked for hockey without any luck it was Canadian march break ship was sold out with Canucks and no hockey, imagine the beer they could have sold!!!

keep your fingers crossed

The quick answer is no.

We know this because when the play offs were on there was an extremely obnoxious Canuck fan who constantly hounded the cruise director. Everywhere. He happened to be drinking heavily in the bar where cruise critic had a meet and greet and the cruise director was there so he came over and spent about 15 minutes complaining the NHL play offs weren't being played and the cruise director told him about licensing agreements the NHL has with the TV stations and Princess Cruises can not air them or they'll be fined. The drunken Canuck fan then offered to pay whatever it cost to have Princess show the play offs on the big screen and again was told about the licensing agreements and Princess could not show them without huge fines. In the tens of thousdands of dollars according to the CD. The drunken Canuck fan showed up like clockwork at every entertainment the cruise director was introducing and complained about Princess not showing the hockey play offs. My husband took the ultimate shipboard tour and this guy was there too and jumped on the cruise director AGAIN about showing the play offs and the cruise director cut him off with a reminder that they'd already discussed this and the UST was not the place to discuss it further. It was really embarrassing to even admit you're from the same place as this obnoxious hockey fan. I think he was from Vancouver Island somewhere. Come on people. You don't take a cruise so you can sit around and watch TV!

As for ESPN or any sports channel, they also are stymied by whoever the NHL has sold licensing agreements to air the hockey games. I think they may be allowed to show some highlights if they include it on their sports results but they are limited. Also its international ESPN and they show sports that have an international interest such as soccer and cricket that's mostly what you'll see. We didn't even see the Kentucky Derby!

As for the drunken Canuck fan the cruise director said they would get the game results (from the Internet?) and have a sheet available at the purser desk or some other desk I don't recall where and fans could go down there for a look at the scores. So you might want to look into them doing that for you.

Its my guess the Golden will not be showing any NHL games because Princess risks getting fined if they do.

Archived