Upgrade fairy struck this afternoon

I am on the Star for an Alaskan cruise in June. I had an inside cabin on the Plaza. She still kept my in an inside but 7 decks higher.....to Aloha. I am very happy with this one. This makes 3/5 cruises I have been upgraded. I wonder if being a single fare as anything to do with it?

Congrats enjoy your upgrade!:D

I am on the Star for an Alaskan cruise in June. I had an inside cabin on the Plaza. She still kept my in an inside but 7 decks higher.....to Aloha. I am very happy with this one. This makes 3/5 cruises I have been upgraded. I wonder if being a single fare as anything to do with it?

We're a couple and got a similar upgrade today - and also on the Star in June! :)

I really wish I could get an upgrade. I have to get a handicapped cabin, so I'm checked "no upgrade". Too bad one can't get a handicapped guarantee; so I might end up in an accessible balcony. But I really am satisfied with the ocean view cabin that I can get.

I love the inside cabins at the very stern. With these cabins you're only steps away from the open outside deck, and very close to both the buffet and aft elevators. Great location if you can get it.

I love the inside cabins at the very stern. With these cabins you're only steps away from the open outside deck, and very close to both the buffet and aft elevators. Great location if you can get it.

We sail the Sapphire Princess in 32 days.....inside cabin on Aloha deck just a few steps from the door to the aft pool. It sounded like a good location.

We're a couple and got a similar upgrade today - and also on the Star in June! :)

Congratulations on the upgrades! I love hearing about the upgrade fairy making an appearance. :)

I would have stuck with the Plaza, also....see no benefit for being "higher".

Yeah, me neither really, and it's not like it's a better or bigger cabin...but I think it's just a psychological 'win' to get an email saying you've been upgraded a couple of categories. lol

We sail the Sapphire Princess in 32 days.....inside cabin on Aloha deck just a few steps from the door to the aft pool. It sounded like a good location.

I love this spot, have been here on a couple of different cruises. I've never heard any noise from above and just love being able to be outside quickly for photos etc. When I did my Antarctica trip I had at first booked one of the stern facing porthole cabins but when it came time for final payment my TA got me the last inside cabin directly across the hall and saved me over $1500. Even in Antarctica I didn't mind this location as I was just steps away from my own almost private stern balcony,

Personally, I would have preferred the Plaza deck as it is closer to everything and has less motion (being closer to the waterline).

I would have stuck with the Plaza, also....see no benefit for being "higher".

Yeah, me neither really, and it's not like it's a better or bigger cabin...

Why can't people leave this alone? The OP has sailed 4 times before, so presumably the advantages of location and deck are well known. They are happy with the result. Do we have to shoot them down and try to make them feel like they made a mistake?

Why can't people leave this alone? The OP has sailed 4 times before, so presumably the advantages of location and deck are well known. They are happy with the result. Do we have to shoot them down and try to make them feel like they made a mistake?

I'm not sure why you quoted me in there, I wasn't shooting them down at all. I just said agreed to someone else that I didn't really see a benefit of being higher if it was the same cabin type and size. I had already mentioned earlier that I got a very similar upgrade on the same ship, for the same month sailing. And I was happy about it. Still am. So should the OP be.

I think the best way to not have people comment on what you post

is to not post. Otherwise, you are inviting people to follow-up.

And, I really like the plaza deck location as well. It's the only deck

where you walk down after the muster drill to your cabin.

It's convenient to the show lounge, to the mid-ship resturants, and

to the piazza.

The only advantage I could see of Aloha is if your cabin is aft, and

you want to be convenient to the aft dining room, or lido.

I think the best way to not have people comment on what you post

is to not post. Otherwise, you are inviting people to follow-up.

Only to a degree. There is a big difference between: "Should I take the upgrade? Here is what I was offered" and "I am very happy with this one." Not every post is an invitation to the world to offer one's opinion. Here, the OP made a declarative statement about an upgrade and concluded by professing great joy. Why is it our business to try to temper that enthusiasm unless aksed for an opinion?:confused:

Only to a degree. There is a big difference between: "Should I take the upgrade? Here is what I was offered" and "I am very happy with this one." Not every post is an invitation to the world to offer one's opinion. Here, the OP made a declarative statement about an upgrade and concluded by professing great joy. Why is it our business to try to temper that enthusiasm unless aksed for an opinion?:confused:

I agree

Srpilo

I really wish I could get an upgrade. I have to get a handicapped cabin, so I'm checked "no upgrade". Too bad one can't get a handicapped guarantee; so I might end up in an accessible balcony. But I really am satisfied with the ocean view cabin that I can get.

A few years ago, we had to have an handicapped cabin. We did not "no upgrade" and we did get an upgrade to another handicapped cabin to the Carbi deck.

A few years ago, we had to have an handicapped cabin. We did not "no upgrade" and we did get an upgrade to another handicapped cabin to the Carbi deck.

On an earlier cruise my TA had not checked "no upgrade" and I was going to get an upgrade, but it was to a non-accessible cabin. Needless to say, my TA made sure I was checked no upgrade.:-(

We're in an obstructed OV :eek: on the Star in June 17 and I have seen no sightings of the fairy yet. Maybe if we lose a few lifeboats/tenders (who needs them in Alaska anyway we can swim to shore :p) otherwise...

Keep your fingers and toes crossed.....family members had an obstructed OV on Crown in May and were upgraded to a BB Carib balcony!! What an upgrade!!!! :D:D

Archived