Chops vs. 150 Central Park

r6girl

Question for those of you who have sailed Oasis and experienced both Chops and 150 Central Park. My husband and I are going to be celebrating our Anniversary onboard the Oasis of the Seas, and I was wondering... for that special night, which specialty restaraunt would you think has the most romantic ambiance/best food/best experience in your opinion? We're getting the dining package that includes both restaraunts, but we want to know which one to save for our special occasion. We sailed on the Mariner 5yrs ago, and we enjoyed both Chops and Portofino, but sailing on Oasis will be very different, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to hear everyone's take on 150 Central Park vs. Chops. Thanks!

Unless you're getting the Chef's Table package, you will not have a choice in which night you can do 150 Central Park. I personally prefer 150 to chops, we did it for my birthday and if you are a foodie it is an amazing experience with very attentive servers. So my recomendation if you have a choice is save Chops for a more casual night.

Unless you're getting the Chef's Table package, you will not have a choice in which night you can do 150 Central Park. I personally prefer 150 to chops, we did it for my birthday and if you are a foodie it is an amazing experience with very attentive servers. So my recomendation if you have a choice is save Chops for a more casual night.

We have the Central Park Package. We must eat at Giovanni's the first night (reservation already made on-line). After that, we can decide (based on availability) which night to eat at Chops and which night to eat at 150 Central Park.

We have the Central Park Package. We must eat at Giovanni's the first night (reservation already made on-line). After that, we can decide (based on availability) which night to eat at Chops and which night to eat at 150 Central Park.

Than that should be nice. :) I was thinking it was in the reverse order. The only reason we didn't get the package on our cruise in February was because we had the comp meal at Chops from our TA.

Almost in single digit's for the Oasis and were going to be on our honeymoon! I have booked the Chefs Table for the first formal night and am trying to decide between Chops and 150 for the second formal night?

Question for those of you who have sailed Oasis and experienced both Chops and 150 Central Park. My husband and I are going to be celebrating our Anniversary onboard the Oasis of the Seas, and I was wondering... for that special night, which specialty restaraunt would you think has the most romantic ambiance/best food/best experience in your opinion?

150 Central Park, no doubt about it!

That's what we are wanting to do, is the Central Park Package (can't book it yet, since our sail date is too far out). We are hoping to do Giovanni's the first night as well, with our anniversary dinner falling on night #3, and eat at the last specialty restaraunt left in our package on night #5.

Neither... go for the great food at Giovanni's Table!

My hubby is craving some cannoli's, so we're hitting up Giovanni's on the first night we're on board! He can't put off the cannoli craving till our anniversary on night #3, lol.

My hubby is craving some cannoli's, so we're hitting up Giovanni's on the first night we're on board! He can't put off the cannoli craving till our anniversary on night #3, lol.

Great answer! But the tiramisu is also awesome!:)

We ate at Chops and 150. I liked 150 the best. The entire meal was great, service great and the Cucumber Martini's great again.

Just so you know they change the menu at the mid point of a 7 day cruise, so you have the opportunity to try/or choose which menu you may like better. They have it posted outside the restuarant.

Chops was much busier all week than 150. So no worries on getting into 150. This was on Oasis March 24-31st.

We ate at Chops and 150. I liked 150 the best. The entire meal was great, service great and the Cucumber Martini's great again.

Just so you know they change the menu at the mid point of a 7 day cruise, so you have the opportunity to try/or choose which menu you may like better. They have it posted outside the restuarant.

Chops was much busier all week than 150. So no worries on getting into 150. This was on Oasis March 24-31st.

Is it night 3 or night 4 that they change the menu?

The past November, they changed it on Night 4 ... but that could very well vary.

The last three nights had the lamb we wanted so we waited to go one night then. Very much enjoyed our dinner! :)

Thanks for the info! My hubby really likes lamb... we'll have to check and see if that is on the menu for our anniversary. If not, no biggie. We'll still pig out! :D

We just got back Saturday off of the Oasis and we had eaten at 150 on Wednesday night. The menu was new, its a new farm to table menu and I have to say and I know I will be scorched for this, it was bad, so bad I complained enough that they removed the $40pp fee.

We ate there last year on Oasis and it was fabulous so I think they are just getting used to the new menu and have not perfected its preparation. I never, ever complain about food because I know it is subjective and can vary day to day so I am not saying don’t go, just be prepared if it is not as good as you expected it to be.

We did the wine pairing with the meal and it was excellent! It’s a little expensive at $75 per person but the wines were fantastic, so in review, food bad, wine excellent so all was not lost.

We just got back Saturday off of the Oasis and we had eaten at 150 on Wednesday night. The menu was new, its a new farm to table menu and I have to say and I know I will be scorched for this, it was bad, so bad I complained enough that they removed the $40pp fee.

The menu for Oasis is not new, it was changed out Feb 11th. They are well into that menu set.

We ate there last year on Oasis and it was fabulous so I think they are just getting used to the new menu and have not perfected its preparation. I never, ever complain about food because I know it is subjective and can vary day to day so I am not saying don’t go, just be prepared if it is not as good as you expected it to be.

We did the wine pairing with the meal and it was excellent! It’s a little expensive at $75 per person but the wines were fantastic, so in review, food bad, wine excellent so all was not lost.

I checked out the wine pairing, but I was wondering if you can still do that if you plan on buying one of the wine packages. I'm thinking it just means you wouldn't use your wine from the package at that meal. Last time we cruised, we passed up the wine package thinking we wouldn't be able to down all 5 bottles (what a joke!), and by the end of the cruise we realized we drank enough bottles of wine (6) that we would have saved money had we gone with the package. One of the reviews I read, the couple split the wine pairing (so that they didn't drink a whole 6 glasses of wine each, which I can understand... I would be hammered before dessert even came out if I had that much wine!) and that makes sense to me. I may have to try doing that.

The wine pairing is a lot of wine... and my husband doesn't like wine. So I didn't do it. There is no way I could drink that many 4-5 ounce pours in one night! They did look like very nice wines though.

Here is the current menu and pairings. It switched out the week after my cruise so I had a different menu for mine. It should be switching again sometime in May (every 3 months)

419609_10150687798651397_103249601396_11671518_630946252_n.jpg

423081_10150687806786397_103249601396_11671535_343642508_n.jpg

The wine pairing is a lot of wine... and my husband doesn't like wine. So I didn't do it. There is no way I could drink that many 4-5 ounce pours in one night! They did look like very nice wines though.

Here is the current menu and pairings. It switched out the week after my cruise so I had a different menu for mine. It should be switching again sometime in May (every 3 months)

419609_10150687798651397_103249601396_11671518_630946252_n.jpg

423081_10150687806786397_103249601396_11671535_343642508_n.jpg

Thanks, Sherilyn for posting these menus. I'm sure by the time we sail in November, they may have changed by then. I just watched a video on what goes into the food prep for 150 Central Park, and one of the dishes they made on that particular menu (milk chocolate cremoso) they sprinkled chopped up hazlenuts on top of the dessert. I will DEFINITELY check the menu once on board (and verify with the maitre d) that whatever meal served that night will not have hazlenuts (hazlenut allergy). But, if it does, I can just skip dessert and use that as a convenient excuse to visit the Cupcake Cupboard! ;)

Archived