New question on Aqua class cabins on Summit

joeinsb

I have read the many threads on the new Aqua Class cabins on Summit, but most of them have dealt with the location of the cabins and the possibility of noise from the pool above the Sky Deck, but I have not been able to find out if the Aqua Class cabins on Summit have the same situation that they do on the Solstice class ships with some of them having the bed by the window and some having the couch by the window.

I know each layout has its own fans, but we much perfer having the couch by the window, and I don't want to book an A2 Aqua Class stateroom on Sky Deck (Deck 9) for an upcoming Summit cruise without first being able to figure out which kind of cabin we will have.

I know how to break the code on the Solstice class ships, but not on the Millennium-class ships that have been Solsticized. I called Celebrity, but the rep said they couldn't answer that question. He said they had finally been given a list of the layouts for the Solstice ships, but not for the Solsticized ships.

It may be that on Summit all the staterooms have the traditional layout with the couch by the window, but I'm just not sure. The web site deck plan is no help because the picture of the Aqua Class stateroom shows the bed by the window, but the diagram shows thecouch by the window. I would appreciate it very much if anyone who has stayed in the Aqua Class staterooms on Summit since it was Solsticized could offer any guidance on this issue.

I have read the many threads on the new Aqua Class cabins on Summit, but most of them have dealt with the location of the cabins and the possibility of noise from the pool above the Sky Deck, but I have not been able to find out if the Aqua Class cabins on Summit have the same situation that they do on the Solstice class ships with some of them having the bed by the window and some having the couch by the window.

I know each layout has its own fans, but we much perfer having the couch by the window, and I don't want to book an A2 Aqua Class stateroom on Sky Deck (Deck 9) for an upcoming Summit cruise without first being able to figure out which kind of cabin we will have.

I know how to break the code on the Solstice class ships, but not on the Millennium-class ships that have been Solsticized. I called Celebrity, but the rep said they couldn't answer that question. He said they had finally been given a list of the layouts for the Solstice ships, but not for the Solsticized ships.

It may be that on Summit all the staterooms have the traditional layout with the couch by the window, but I'm just not sure. The web site deck plan is no help because the picture of the Aqua Class stateroom shows the bed by the window, but the diagram shows thecouch by the window. I would appreciate it very much if anyone who has stayed in the Aqua Class staterooms on Summit since it was Solsticized could offer any guidance on this issue.

These photos of Summit Aqua 1132 clearly shows the couch is by the window

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33295124&postcount=37

Other photos of 1100, 1138, 1118 and 1120 (which may be among those posts that you already ".. have read (on) the many threads on the new Aqua Class cabins on Summit..." all show the couch by the window. All the deck 11 cabins are NEWLY constructed but the deck 9 Aquas are merely refreshed versions of the previous CC cabins..and those room configurations stayed as they previously were, according to several of the aforementioned Aqua Summit related posts .

PS. I meant to also comment on yor reference to the Celebrity website depiction of contradictory configurations on Aqua layout. Personally I would chalk that up to yet another sloppy and inconsistent communication by the X web team who has displayed a notorious inability to effectively leverage web technology and basic communication skills.

This is discussed to a great extent on other posts relzted to the recent re launch of the X web site (underwhelming at best) as well as regarding contradictory statements regarding Aqua Select Dining status guests and their ability to din in Blu.

The X web team in my view should be more appropriately referred to as the ex web team.

If you still desire to confirm the fact that Aqua cabin layout is always couch by window, I would strongly suggest you try to reach out to the Celebrity Experience Coordination team, a special customer service group dedicated to adresss the pre boarding concerns of Aqua, CC and Suite guests. After several interactions with this group I have to say that they are the best thing about Celebrity customer service (at leasr prior to boarding) and that the web team and general customer services phone team, whose service level you have now experienced, now have a great standard of service to strive for. So I would urge you contact Celebrity Experience Desk Phone: 1-800-590-6221

Thanks Avid...you quickly becoming the go-to guy for all things Summit! I sure hope you post a review and photos after you sail.

I had not heard of the Celebrity Experience Dept. What type of things do they handle? I have only called Captains Club or Specialty Dining Depts and they, at least, have been much more helpful/knowledgeable than the notorious customer service reps.

I had this same question and posted about it several times but got no answers. I have followed all these threads about the refurb and studied all the photos. I do believe that on M-class, the AQ cabins all have the bed by the bath, couch by the window. Even though I prefer it the other way, and love how S-class does the alternation, I'm excited to be booked in a Summit Deck 11 cabin in a couple of weeks.

I think you are correct, M class follow the same layout throughout ie sofa by the window (funny thats our preference, interesting how we all like rooms slightly differently)

I believe the alternation arrangements is because the roomwalls in S class ships curve slightly which is why you get an "even/odd" type layout. It is connected to the slightly different door arrangements on these ships where there can be inner and outer doors to enable connecting cabins to be set up.

M class are all straight walled

I don't like the bed when it is by the balcony. Am afraid that when it gets rough that I will roll out of bed into the water. :eek:

Plus I don't think that I would be able to sleep with the water splashing on me from the waves. :D

Thanks Avid...you quickly becoming the go-to guy for all things Summit! I sure hope you post a review and photos after you sail.

I had not heard of the Celebrity Experience Dept. What type of things do they handle? I have only called Captains Club or Specialty Dining Depts and they, at least, have been much more helpful/knowledgeable than the notorious customer service reps.

No special SUMMIT knowledge status claimed or desired....but super pissed at the poor web and customer relationship supported by X....CEC team being a singular exception which in my mind redeems Celebrity to some extent pre-cruise...in any case I am also super hyped in anticipation of "solticized" Summit with all its new amenities ( since I wasnt that impresed with the Infinity a few years ago) and looking forward to the kind of memorable Celebrity experience I read so much about on these Boards.

That said I believe that CEC has demonstrated the type of customer advocacy that leading customer focused organizations strive for. When I led customer service focused initiatives in NYC government, such as nyc.gov and 311, I stressed a goal of not just pleasing the customer but delighting them. Thats the sence of what I get from CEC during my most recent interaction with them, albeit they are only available to service the pre boarding concerns of Aqua, CC and Suite guests...the rest will have to put up with the normal Celebrity levels of service:eek:

We recently sailed on the Summit in AQ 1112 and the bed was by the bathroom with sofa near the veranda. Sailing on the Silhouette in June in AQ and wondering what layout our room will have..

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable question that I am sure many on this board can effectively respond to! However it seems uncanny to me that in this digital age the Celebrity web site can not provide the response you seek specifically customized to your selected stateroom!

Instead celebrity would be better off communicating with customers by scratching their response in the mud with a stick than relying on the customer communication skills of their web team:eek:)..

All of the photos I've seen of these new AQ cabins show that they are identical to other cabins on the M class. They are not set up like the S class cabins. Therefore, the bed location will not vary.

I agree and I thnk that's a plus. The S class cabins are lacking (but the bathrooms are great).

Archived