HELP! Birthday ideas for DH who loves Cruising

Sandyrella

Hi all,

I posted this at the Floataway Lounge but I'm not getting much response. Since this board is so active I'm hoping for some ideas. I'm begging you! I really need your help.

It is my DH's birthday on Friday and as usual he doen't want anything so here is where I need your help....

Last year we took a Disney 4 day cruise and he fell in love with cruising. We are so looking forward to our next cruise on the Triumph in March of 2006.

Since he doesn't "want" or "need" anything, I though of putting a goody bag of cruise paraphenelia (sp?) together for him. I ordered some travel videos off the net. I am picking up a "Cruising for Dummies" book tomorrow but that's all I have. I need some suggestions URGENTLY :)

Thanks so much in advance!

Hi all,

I posted this at the Floataway Lounge but I'm not getting much response. Since this board is so active I'm hoping for some ideas. I'm begging you! I really need your help.

It is my DH's birthday on Friday and as usual he doen't want anything so here is where I need your help....

Last year we took a Disney 4 day cruise and he fell in love with cruising. We are so looking forward to our next cruise on the Triumph in March of 2006.

Since he doesn't "want" or "need" anything, I though of putting a goody bag of cruise paraphenelia (sp?) together for him. I ordered some travel videos off the net. I am picking up a "Cruising for Dummies" book tomorrow but that's all I have. I need some suggestions URGENTLY :)

Thanks so much in advance!

Give 'him' a cruise to ALASKA. He'll love you for it:p Nothing is more awesome.

Gingee,

If you go to Amazon dot com and do a search is is actually called "Cruise Vacations for Dummies" It's just a book about cruising, giving the 1-2-3. He was flipping thru it one day when we went to our local book store and seemed really interested. The videos I ordered are about the Western Caribbean ports (since we are doing a Western itinerary) and a video on the Carnival Triumph.

Camellia City,

Thanks for the suggestion but it's a "little" goody bag. An Alaskan cruise is a little out of the budget. Also, for some reason, it's an itinerary that he has absolutely no interest in. Probably because we live in Montreal where there are only two season...winter and July. Hate to spend July back in winter :)

What are some of the little extras that YOU buy for YOUR cruise vacation. I thought of adding some sun tan lotion, maybe some sun glasses and a lanyard for his S&S pass..

Please help me out here. I have been wracking my brains for weeks on what to get him. We do not go all out on our birthdays but we do like to make sure that whatever we buy is something of complete interest.

We are having a Fiesta style party on Saturday night so I think I will add the typical Hawaiian shirt for him to wear....

Any other suggestions?? Please??

you can buy some carnival gift certificates from carnivals website, even though they won't make it to the house in time they send you and email saying what you ordered.

I just bought $50 today and will continue to buy them every other week to pay for my sail and sign bill on the pride in Sept.

Guest Time2gocruzn

disposable camera, sunblock, hawiian print shirt, snorkle, beach ball, sunglasses, sunburn gel, hangover pills, couple of bottles of Corona, a sombrero from your local party store, a beach towel and a pair of flip flops. Along with the cruise brochures and other stuff mentioned here, that would make a pretty cool basket:D

WOW! Thanks...keep em coming!

I like the Carnival gift certificate idea. Didn't realize you can do that. With all of my children having birthday's coming up maybe I'll get one for each of them too.

Any suggestions for which Jimmy Buffett CD? I know he has so many....

Thanks again!

Any suggestions for which Jimmy Buffett CD? I know he has so many....

You can't go wrong with the Songs You Know by Heart CD. That's got all the favorites on it. His latest two CDs are great too. License to Chill and Far Side of the World. If you want to go all out, just get the Box Set -- Beaches, Bars, Ballads, and Boats. That has all the great party songs on it. But it runs about $50. Have fun future Parrotheads!!

I have a really stupid question... What does DH stand for? Sounds like husband or signifigant other, but what does it stand for?

It's a very good question. The H is for husband, the D can be anything you want! Seriously, I sometimes wish these abbreviations were banned. There have been many times that I've had no idea what they meant and thought people would mock me if I asked. It's almost become a snobby thing, with those "in the know."

Thanks to all for the great suggestions. I used a lot of your ideas so now DH (dear husband but some days dang husband) is even more excited about our cruise next year!

Yogimax, welcome to the 21st century. Maybe this link will help you with the acronyms....its always a pleasure to be called "snobby" by a complete stranger!

http://www.net-comber.com/acronyms.html

Hey Sandyrella, I was looking through the canadian thread and see that you are going on Triumph march 4,2006. We will have to talk together and see if we can get a roll call going sometime, as we are going to do the same cruise.

Archived