5 to a cabin..

venusjems

Can someone tell me which ships let you do 5 to a cabin. Like isnt it certain classes of Carnival?

(minus suites?)

Carnival, NCL, RCL are mainly on my search list.

Its for me, hubby, and three little ones (under 5) Worst worst case we could get two joining rooms, but i thought some ships let you do 5?

In most cases, you'll need some sort of suite or "family" cabin. There must be actual beds for everyone booked into a cabin, whether you plan to use all the beds or not.

Unless you book a suite, I can't imagine putting 5 bodies in one cabin. Ship's cabins are nowhere NEAR the size of a hotel room...not even the cheapo hotels! Very little floor space to walk...

What is the problem with connecting cabins? The connecting door gives you immediate access (probably closer than your bedrooms are at home) to the other cabin, without going into the hallway...that's the way to go!

Royal Caribbean family oceanviews, family verandahs, family promenade cabins and family insides. You must call in to Royal Caribbean to book.

Disney has many cabins that would sleep 5. The layouts are more family friendly too.

One thing to consider is what the set up would be with the bedding provided. For example, would you feel comfortable putting your under 5 children on a top bunk?

We did a family oceanview on RCI which had 2 beds which could be put together for a queen, a queen sofabed (could sleep 2) and a bunkbed set up. You usually need to contact RCI directly to book them. Some Carnival ships have oceanviews with the ability to accomodate 5, but not sure how many would be top bunk type beds. Disney also has availability for 5, but again, check and see what the bunkbed situation would be if you are concerned about that. NCL has lovely suites that can accomodate 5, but pretty expensive.

I think others also mentioned the connecting cabin option, and perhaps that could work, too. Nice to have 2 bathrooms! :) However, not sure with such young children if you'd be comfortable with that option. You might want to price both options.

Happy cruising!

Can someone tell me which ships let you do 5 to a cabin. Like isnt it certain classes of Carnival?

(minus suites?)

Carnival, NCL, RCL are mainly on my search list.

Its for me, hubby, and three little ones (under 5) Worst worst case we could get two joining rooms, but i thought some ships let you do 5?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1615188

Yes, we just got back from Carnival Inspiration and we had 5 in our room, DH, me and 3 grandkids!

Check out our review, we have pics of the room on it...

We were on Carnival Pride in a room with 2 bunk beds - we used their crib - so you "could" fit 5 people, but I am not sure that I would recommed it based on space & the fact that under 5's may not be comfortable in a bunk bed.

(I am not sure that they would have booked 5 in that room... Being able to fit 5 & being able to book 5 are two different things.)

NCL has oceanview family suites on some ships in addition to the 2 bdrm suites that can be found on most ships.

The OV family suites were pretty reasonably priced for our sailing, just a bit more than a minisuite and they sleep 6, have full suite perks, and have panoramic floor to ceiling windows. The beds are configured as a queen, a double foldout couch, and a double fold down murphy bed.

The 2 bdrm suites have a queen in the master bdrm, a fold out couch in the livingroom, and a foldout couch and a fold-down upper bunk in the second bdrm.

Yes, we just got back from Carnival Inspiration and we had 5 in our room, DH, me and 3 grandkids!

Check out our review, we have pics of the room on it...

Great review. Looks like you all had a blast.

The room however looks sooooooo tight!!!! That is way to clostrophobic for me.

Archived