Meet and greet's

Don't know if someone could help, but we are trying to arrange a get to together on a upcoming cruise, it's very port intensive, and the only sea day we got is the first day after departing Barcelona, could someone advise a suitable time when we would not clash with other on board activities?

Regards

Marion and Kerry

What we learned from our last cruise, the first leg of circle South America, is that no matter what time you choose, you are probably going to conflict with something. Our meet and greet was on the day after embarkation, a sea day, at 10 am. And of course, that was the exact time of the first enrichment lecture. It seemed that pretty much every minute of the day (unless you picked some outrageous time when no one would come, like 7 am or something) has some event scheduled. So just pick a time, and those who are really interested in showing up will probably show.

We had the same problem with our May 20-30 2012 trip Venice to Rome. We have no sea days. So, what we are doing is meeting the day of our sailaway. We have a late sailing, so we are meeting at 6PM before dinner, when most people will probably be onboard. There will be some people who may not be available, but hopefully we will catch most of them. I think Rachael is right. Those that want to show, will.

Thanks RachelG and Mythologist, as you say there doesn't seem an easy solution, and those the want to turn up will. Think the answer is to give 2 options one as you suggest 6 in the evening on day of departure we sail at 10, or around midday on the only sea day. Out of Interest when is the block party as this is a novel idea to me, and I don't think I would like to miss it.

The idea of having two meet times is a good one. Or of sharing room numbers, so folks who miss out can get in touch with someone and arrange to meet for a drink or something later.

The trouble with departure day is the muster drill, block party, possible sailaway party, although perhaps not at 10 p.m. Trouble with after dinner is people tend to want to go to the show, but of course sometimes on the first night there's no show. People are harried the first day--the sea day makes the most sense to me.

Archived