What Prepackaged Food Do You Bring With You?

my BF is diabetic so having some food in the cabin for a quick pick-me-up really is kind of important

My DW is also diabetic, and she brings Glucerna bars and Combos Cheddar Cheese Crackers. We also bring Chamomile teabags and Splenda packets, because we've found we can't count on finding them all the time throughout the ship, and a few Crystal Light or Wylers individual packets, for when we need a change from the taste of the ship's water.

I will be sailing on the Radiance in Alaska in July and my main snack is CF diet coke. Is this available on the ship? If not will I be allowed to bring some in my carry on? Thanks for all the snack tips!

I guess that if one is a diabetic it may be important to bring some some pre-packaged snacks.

Since we don't fall into that category, I can't imagine bringing snacks. There are so many eating opportunities on ships that if went to them all we would be overstuffed!

I love fresh brewed iced tea. I not only bring my Tazo Zen tea bags I also bring a large 54 oz cup for brewing and drinking. We were on the Adventure TA in Nov 2010. I carried my cup everywhere. Our friends were just on the Adventure and the crew were asking her if the tea lady will be coming again in Nov. The answer is yes. I'm stocking up on my tea bags soon.

• 7 months later...
Sorry we don't take food on a cruise. To us that is like taking sand to the beach.LOL

I guess that if one is a diabetic it may be important to bring some some pre-packaged snacks.

Since we don't fall into that category, I can't imagine bringing snacks. There are so many eating opportunities on ships that if went to them all we would be overstuffed!

If you ever get stuck on a long excursion with no or limited food options you may change your mind...I also bring a few wrapped crackers or chips to have while waiting on my flight...

I bring Bran Buds :o

Because my DH does the same thing! I forget what country we went to where they didn't have his All Bran, so he always brings a box. It travels very well and he usually adds Raisin Bran and a banana every am. We don't usually eat a hot breakfast in the am. That type of a meal would send us back to the cabin for a nap!

DH brings 2 lbs. of See's Candy (2 week cruises), usually trail mix and turkey jerkey. I may bring some snack bars left over from the plane ride.

Dawn

Small box Ritz or Carr or other crackers to go with cheese plates. They never bring enough crackers....and sometimes they even bring saltines. ick.

York Peppermint Patties or PF Milanos...because I like to snack on one or 2 in the middle of the night.

From what I am reading....apparently Vision only has dry cereal dispensers...not boxes. I usually keep a small box in my bag to snack on during the day on port stops. The ziplock bag idea doesn't really appeal to me. If we stop at Publix pre-cruise....I might see if we have room to stuff a few small boxes in the suitcase before we board. :D:):D

As someone who rarely eats 'sweets' (ie I may have some stale slightly soggy Oreos in the pantry or super crystallized ice cream in the depths of the freezer for you) I find after indulging in the sweets on board for a few days I start to crave salty snacks. I pack a few of the 100 calorie nuts or chips/popcorn etc just to get rid of the craving :)

DH brings 2 lbs. of See's Candy (2 week cruises) . . .

Dawn

I stock up on the See's Candy Chocolate hearts for Valentine's Day, and use them as turn down chocolates. We also bring food bars, and whatever catches my eye the week before we leave. Also, coffee w/ our Aeropress.

Never bother to take food with me, take a granola cereal with me from the breakfast on outings in case I need something to munch.

Love the cheese idea - often want a small bite of something at night before bed, and do not want to wait for room service or go back out! Thanks!!

The only packaged food we ever take on a trip is Oats 'n Honey Granola Bars for on the plane or tours that run over 4 or 5 hours without a food break. The only craving we've ever had for something that wasn't available onboard was nuts - almonds, cashews, or macadamia nuts. We'll sometimes buy those in a port if they happen to be easily available.

After spending two weeks in Peru last month, and three days with a bad stomach bug, for both of us, NOT CAUGHT IN PERU, according both Peruvian and American doctors. I will never be without Oats and Honey snack bars ever again, and have them packed for our Dec 3 cruise. I will have to admit the Oats and Honey snack bars in the US are not as good tasting as those in Peru.

Archived