Summit verandah: Large enough for lounger?

Leo Jay

It could probably accommodate one lounger but your chances of getting them to replace the two chairs and small table you'll have with one lounger are pretty slim.

But I suppose we could bring our own, correct? GF enjoys lounging outdoors more than I, so I'd be more than happy to concede the space to her most of the time...

Not trying to sound smartie...but do you plan to carry it from the pool area to your room? and how will you get it into the room through the narrow hall and opening? I'm not sure "they" will let you do that....plus the sunning on a balcony will not be that great.

We had cabins 9042 and 9044 for Christmas.

Not trying to sound smartie...but do you plan to carry it from the pool area to your room? and how will you get it into the room through the narrow hall and opening? I'm not sure "they" will let you do that....plus the sunning on a balcony will not be that great.

We had cabins 9042 and 9044 for Christmas.

On other lines I've sailed on, stewards have been happy to remove and/or replace balcony furniture, depending on availability. But as stated above, we might consider bringing our own.

Does she like full sun or just lounging outside? You are in an an A2 Aqua Class under the over hanging deck 10. This is a very protected location but sun lovers find it unsatisfactory. It also qualifies as a partially obstructed view cabin. The veranda size is about 54 square feet or about 5 feet deep and 11 feet wide. What you will have one deck up is the Persian Garden which is free with Aqua Class.

If you want to bring your own lounger, you would probable be able to enjoy it on your verandah. There are very lightweight ones that wouldn't be hard to bring along with you == some even have "carrying cases" or wheels for portability -- see this as one example:

Put a luggage tag on it and bring it with you.

If you want to bring your own lounger, you would probable be able to enjoy it on your verandah. There are very lightweight ones that wouldn't be hard to bring along with you == some even have "carrying cases" or wheels for portability -- see this as one example:

The problem would be what to do with the existing furniture.

Perhaps the Steward would get rid of it for the OP and store it "somewhere" but I wouldn't count on it as a given. As far as getting one from the pool we tried and they quote "Safety Reasons" and you can escalate it as far as you want, the answer won't change.

Sometimes I use the cushions off of the sofa to recline on the balcony. Am going on the Summit in May sailing in AQ. If the don't have foot rests I will be either using them, the extra pillows or life jackets as my foot rest.

Think it would be difficult moving the lounge chairs from the pool area. If you really want to do that it would probably be easier taking a rope and lowering it over the side. :D

Sometimes I use the cushions off of the sofa to recline on the balcony. Am going on the Summit in May sailing in AQ. If the don't have foot rests I will be either using them, the extra pillows or life jackets as my foot rest.

Think it would be difficult moving the lounge chairs from the pool area. If you really want to do that it would probably be easier taking a rope and lowering it over the side. :D

One time we were stuck with a cabin that had 4 berths or fold away beds. Since we couldn't put the bed together we took the mattresses off of two of them and put them on the balcony. Sometimes you have to improvise. It turned out to be better than having a cabin with two twins. The steward would put the mattresses back in place every day and we would move them back. We explained what we were doing and he said that he had to move them back because of safety and etc. We left him a nice tip.

If you are in an Aqua cabin, you should get a nice reclining deck chair and a footstool--each--surely that would suffice?

Great point!!

I didn't realize the OP was in Aqua Class. If the Aqua Class cabins on Summit have the same nice reclining chairs with foot stools that they had on the Equinox, or similar ones, then you are all set with your lounging needs!

Just back from sailing RCCL with no lounger or footstool on balcony. We took a large inflatable beach ball. Didn't blow it up quite full so that the bottom and top had some "give". Worked great. Will be something else I'll not cruise without if in a standard balcony.

I would like to know what our cabin steward thought about it since she never saw it in use.:p

On other lines I've sailed on, stewards have been happy to remove and/or replace balcony furniture, depending on availability. But as stated above, we might consider bringing our own.

It has been our experience in sailing Celebrity in recent years that the stewards will not bring in/replace any of the balcony furniture. Perhaps if you brought your own they would remove something - not sure of that. But your chances of securing an actual lounger are slim and slimmer.

Put a luggage tag on it and bring it with you.

I usually bring my travel hammock, made out of parachute material, it folds nicely into a little sack and into luggage and once hung over the partitions on either side makes for relaxing lounging:D (see window reflection in photo below)..of course on X l cannot smoke my cigar on it..but I wouldnt anyway..."for safety reasons..":rolleyes:

13299_1345437284999_1503297347_2299398_3180725_n.jpg.396cde4fee94e8bb2c468924741b800a.jpg

If you are in an Aqua cabin, you should get a nice reclining deck chair and a footstool--each--surely that would suffice?

I wasn't aware that the verandahs contained reclining chairs. The verandahs I've seen in photos didn't look like they had sufficient space for two recliners and footstools, but if that's true, then the lounger issue is moot. Can anyone confirm?

Archived