Ou est l'escargot?

It seems that there is an international shortage of escargot at the moment. All the major cruiselines have taken it off the menu (presumably temporarily until the shortage lifts)

If you google "escargot shortage" or "escargot crisis" you will discover that this is a problem affecting not only cruise ships but land-based restaurants as well.

They were certainly missing from the Jewel April 9th cruise, tooooooo expensive the head waiter said! Little tiny scallops were served in the escargot dishes instead, just didn't do it for me. More cutbacks?

Garçon,apportez-nous les escargots, s'il vous plait:p.

They were certainly missing from the Jewel April 9th cruise, tooooooo expensive the head waiter said! Little tiny scallops were served in the escargot dishes instead, just didn't do it for me. More cutbacks?

Do you by chance recall what they are calling the scallop dish? I love scallops of all sizes and want to make sure I dont miss this dish!

I will miss my escargot though :(

It seems that there is an international shortage of escargot at the moment. All the major cruiselines have taken it off the menu (presumably temporarily until the shortage lifts)

I just returned from an Holland American cruise and Had escargot.

Interesting you ask this. When we returned home from our Freedom cruise (4/1-4/8) I realized that I didn't have the escargot and I always order it. I asked both kids and they don't remember seeing it on the menu, as they know I love it.

I was fine and had plenty to enjoy, but I never get escargot unless we're cruising so I did miss it.

Our April 1st Mariner cruise was also sadly lacking in escargot. My sister was so disappointed, my husband too. My sister also mentioned on her comment card at the end and much she had missed them.

Kerrie :)

Perhaps now you can explain to them the reason for their disappointment.:)

Archived