Ungroup Group Cruise?

riwehr

I know that Carnival lables a group at 8+ cabins, and I'm not looking for the Group Cruise rate or the points, BUT I would like to book 4 cabins as a group so that we have not only dining together, but I can manage the info for everyone (ES forms, hopefully!), etc. Is this possible?

Most of the time the early saver is a better rated then even the group rate. I just booked my family of 7 on a trip next February out of NY. A large part of my family is also doing so around 20 of them and this is how we did it.

The simplest way to do the booking with mutable rooms and reservations is, call the pvp and set up your rooms and let them know that more people will be calling to book and you all want to be together. Get the pvp extension then the rest of your party can call them directly and all they will need is your last name and the pvp can link your reservation. Bet of luck

4 cabins is not a group/. You would need 8 cabins to constitute a group booking.

When you book- even if you all use different agents you ALL will link the bookings together.

Each cabin will have thier own booking number. Each person can link all the booking numbers on the carnival web site.

Are you booked traditional seating for dinner?

Early saver rate is a good rate but comes with huge penalties. Make sure all people are onboard with everything because there is no changes or no cancellations without fees attche

Use an agent that is good with "group" bookings like this.

and once booked make sure the reservation is marked NO UPGRADES

I know that Carnival lables a group at 8+ cabins, and I'm not looking for the Group Cruise rate or the points, BUT I would like to book 4 cabins as a group so that we have not only dining together, but I can manage the info for everyone (ES forms, hopefully!), etc. Is this possible?

Details and perks will be cared for if you find/use a good Travel agent...one that you can easily communicate with.

Lots easier than doing it yourself.

Details and perks will be cared for if you find/use a good Travel agent...one that you can easily communicate with.

Lots easier than doing it yourself.

There really are no "perks" for 4 cabins but you can have the reservations "linked" together so that you could be seated together at dinner

You could choose cabins that are near each other/same deck or whatever.

On some ships you could get adjoining balconies that could be "opened"

As stated, Early Saver comes with restrictions and penalty , but can save money for "stable" people who are pretty much certain they will not need to change the cruise/date etc. You can have some of the cruisers book early saver/others could use regular rates/past guest/55 plus/military whatever whatever and still "link" together for dining room seating

You won't have enough people for a cocktail party BUT you may wish to share a wine package and/or buy some Bon Voyage booze to share etc

Have fun

I did this with our small group if 5 cabins by booking thru a carnival pvp. I emailed her all the info (names, birthdates) broken down by cabin and she called me when she had everything set and was ready for deposit. It worked great! We we all in close proximity on the shipped, seated at same table and if I had any questions she knew my whole group. We got a great initial price so there was no price drops.

We did this for our last cruise and our next. We had 4 rooms last time and 3 this time. He just links the reservations together, and we all sat at the same table for dinner. We had 10 people last time, and 8 this time.

What makes it nice is if you have family members who want to be added later, they just call the pvp and book. They'll link them all together.

We did have an issue because all the rooms had the same last name. I ordered cookies for my kids. We got the cookies, my inlaws got the paper saying "Enjoy the cookies, love mom and dad".

Shawn

We have 16 cabins for our next cruise. We are NOT a "group cruise". Our reservations are linked together, with most of us dining together, but we are all individually booked (under ES). All but one cabin used their own TA, with the rest of us using the same PVP.

Yes it is, I called my PVP & booked all 4 cabins for my small group. I made all the bookings, made the payments, submitted the price drop forms, booked excursion, printed luggage tags, etc. The only thing they have to do now is show up on time at the port.

The magic word you're looking for is "LINKED". As in you want to "link" all 4 bookings together. By having them "linked" all people in the cabins will be assigned the same table for dining. and since you'll have the booking numbes, you'll be able to manage the bookings.

Most of the time the early saver is a better rated then even the group rate. I just booked my family of 7 on a trip next February out of NY. A large part of my family is also doing so around 20 of them and this is how we did it.

The simplest way to do the booking with mutable rooms and reservations is, call the pvp and set up your rooms and let them know that more people will be calling to book and you all want to be together. Get the pvp extension then the rest of your party can call them directly and all they will need is your last name and the pvp can link your reservation. Bet of luck

This is how my family of 21 did our booking. The ES rate was better than the past guest and the group booking. So I booked and gave my family memebers the name and number of the PVP who I went through so that our rooms can be near each other.

Same here... booked ES on a couple different cruises. The first one I booked all the rooms with my PVP, and I submitted the ES forms too.

Another cruise, I booked my cabin with my PVP, and sent her an e-mail with my friends names that would be calling her. I copied them also so they all had the PVP's email and contact info.

The first scenario was great... everything was linked and wonderful. The next one we haven't taken yet but I have no doubt that will all be in order too... USE a PVP!

Archived