Intercontinental Miami or Viceroy

jessandtwo

Don't know about the Viceroy but we have stayed at the Intercontinental and it was great.... right on the water and got an upper floor with a fantastic view of the harbor (I think you can upgrade to that for $20). Really liked the location as we were within a 5 minute walk to all the shops, resturants and music at Bayside.... safe area and well patrolled... alot of "dancing in the streets" ...

We've stayed at the IC a couple of times for a one-night pre-cruise stay and love the location.

Just an FYI - assuming the two nights you are looking to stay are 8/2-8/4, last minute travel has the IC for $122/night or $244 for both nights. It's been our experience that if you call the 800 number to book you can generally save about $15-20/night off the advertised price online.

Whichever you choose, have a great time! :)

We've stayed at the IC a couple of times for a one-night pre-cruise stay and love the location.

Just an FYI - assuming the two nights you are looking to stay are 8/2-8/4, last minute travel has the IC for $122/night or $244 for both nights. It's been our experience that if you call the 800 number to book you can generally save about $15-20/night off the advertised price online.

Whichever you choose, have a great time! :)

Yes it is 8/2-8/4. I have seen the rate at Last Minute Travel, but our rate is $114 a night, so with taxes about $250 total. There is a large conference there that week blocking all the rooms until Friday night and the Intercontinental website actually shows no availability. When we called the hotel directly the reservation agent said she could get us in at the Holiday Inn POM, because the Intercontinental was full, so DH said even with a corporate code, and with that she was able to get us a room and she told us the conference had a block on the rooms. I guess what I'm trying to say is that due to the conference blocking all the rooms, I am a little nervous booking through LMT and that there might not be a room available when we get there. If there wasn't a conference going on, I'd have no problem booking with LMT.

Thanks for all the advice on this thread.

Yes it is 8/2-8/4. I have seen the rate at Last Minute Travel, but our rate is $114 a night, so with taxes about $250 total. There is a large conference there that week blocking all the rooms until Friday night and the Intercontinental website actually shows no availability. When we called the hotel directly the reservation agent said she could get us in at the Holiday Inn POM, because the Intercontinental was full, so DH said even with a corporate code, and with that she was able to get us a room and she told us the conference had a block on the rooms. I guess what I'm trying to say is that due to the conference blocking all the rooms, I am a little nervous booking through LMT and that there might not be a room available when we get there. If there wasn't a conference going on, I'd have no problem booking with LMT.

Thanks for all the advice on this thread.

I'd go ahead and book the IC with Last Minute Travel if I were you. The Holiday Inn is of no comparsion IMO to the IC. I'd find it hard to believe that the IC would be completely booked by a large convention. If you are arriving early enough in the day, and you do book through LMT, I'd doubt that there wouldn't be a room available for you when you check in. If however, your room was for some reason NOT available, I'd get on the phone quick with LMT and they would have to put you up at another 5***** hotel and the Holiday Inn is not a 5***** star hotel. Remember you are travelling in August as opposed to February or March.:rolleyes:

I'd go ahead and book the IC with Last Minute Travel if I were you. The Holiday Inn is of no comparsion IMO to the IC. I'd find it hard to believe that the IC would be completely booked by a large convention. If you are arriving early enough in the day, and you do book through LMT, I'd doubt that there wouldn't be a room available for you when you check in. If however, your room was for some reason NOT available, I'd get on the phone quick with LMT and they would have to put you up at another 5***** hotel and the Holiday Inn is not a 5***** star hotel. Remember you are travelling in August as opposed to February or March.:rolleyes:

Oh no, we are NOT booked at the Holiday Inn, I don't want to stay there. That's where the reservation agent first wanted to put us, but with where my husband works we could get into the Intercontinental with a corporate/group code. And whether the hotel is fully booked or not, I don't know, but when you try to reserve online or call in for those dates, there is no availability and the agent said unless we had the corporate/group code that there was a block on the room for a convention for that Thursday night.

I'm a bit confused. Did you try calling LMT directly? If they have it available on their site, you should be able to get it. Also by calling LMT directly you can usually get it discounted a bit further.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be confusing. A previous poster suggested I call LMT to get a cheaper rate than what I am booked at the Intercontinental. My current rate is $114 a night. LMT shows $124 a night, but if I call them it may be slightly cheaper than that. I said I don't mind booking with LMT but since there is a convention blocking rooms that week I feel more comfortable with booking directly through the hotel than with LMT since the savings won't be that great. My current rate is already $10 less than LMT's rate, so for my piece of mind because of the convention and the Intercontinental website showing no availability, the slight savings I might get booking through LMT is not worth it.

I am still trying to decide which hotel is better. It looks like the Viceroy has a nicer pool but more people seem to stay at the Intercontinental.

I can get both the Intercontinental Miami or the Viceroy with a corporate rate of $250 total for a two night stay. Which one would you pick and why?

Thanks

The Viceroy is a much, much nicer hotel than the Intercontinental. Hands down I'd pick it over the IC and I've stayed in both.

BlueHerons-Thanks so much. I think we are leaning towards the Viceroy, although people on this board really like the Intercontinental. I'm guessing we can't really go wrong with either hotel? At the Viceroy we can upgrade to a Jr Suite for $25 more a night, would you do that?

Thanks

Archived