Is the classic drinks package on solstice restrictive? Help please!

passy

I am cruising on Solstice in June in the Med with my mum. My mum doesn't drink a lot, but I do!! I imagine 2 or 3 soft drinks during the day, a couple of cocktails/spirits with mixers each evening, and wine with dinner.

My query is about the classic alcohol package. I can see that it includes drinks up to $8, and I'm wondering if this will really limit the drinks I can enjoy! Are there many wines/cocktails/spirits which are over $8? I'd hate to pay up front so that I had freedom to order drinks without worrying but then find that I'm paying more because the drinks I'd like to enjoy are more than $8!!

I'm not a wine snob at all, house red will do me! Spirits would usually be vodka/brandy with a mixer. Cocktails would tend to be the bog standard ones, and I understand that the daily cocktail is under $8 usually anyway?

Many thanks :)

There is no Brandy/Cognac as part of the Classic drink package. If you would like one, you will pay the full price (not discounted by your $8 per drink package).

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic click on the "pay one price" link at the Classic Package for a list of what is available in that package.

You will not be able to get all the martinis offered nor any of the drinks at the molecular bar. The wines will also be limited but if you are satisfied by the house wines than you will be fine.

I checked the classic package and i'm sure it included Hennessy cognac?

Thanks for the tips though! I'll try to find that updated price list :)

Yes, the Classic package includes Hennessey VS. There are lots and lots of options on the Classic - I am sure you'll be fine. Enjoy.

I checked the classic package and i'm sure it included Hennessy cognac?

Thanks for the tips though! I'll try to find that updated price list :)

I apologize, it does include Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS. :o

I will pay more attention next time I read something.

Archived