Adventure of the Seas

cru2

Hiya Everyone

Am thinking of booking Adventure of the Seas for May 2013, can anybody tell me the pros/cons of this particular ship.

We sailed on the IOTS last year so i am a little familiar with RC. Can anybody help please? x :)

Hiya Everyone

Am thinking of booking Adventure of the Seas for May 2013, can anybody tell me the pros/cons of this particular ship.

We sailed on the IOTS last year so i am a little familiar with RC. Can anybody help please? x :)

Pro - you are on a cruise

Con - they throw you off after 7 days.

:D:D:D

Seriously, it is difficult to comment because i don;t know what you are looking for in a cruise because you did not state what you liked and disliked on your previous cruise and I don't know where the Adventure is sailing next year. I am due for my 2nd Med cruise on her in 3 months and I am really looking forward to it. It is a bit full of Spanish families and they tend to stay too long in the Windjammer, so this year I have opted for a balcony cabin so I can order room service in peace on sea days.

I think that your best option is to go to the member reviews and see what people have said about the Indy, the Adventure and other ships that are sailing in the region you have planned. That gives you a much wider range of information.

haha! sorry should've explained better.:D

She is sailing from Southampton next year n we are thinking of booking for 9th May 2013 15 days cruising the Med.

I was just wondering how it compares to the IOTS? (apart from the obvious as in IOTS is a bigger ship.) One of us is disabled as in full time wheelchair user n am wondering is it easy to navigate, etc?

Hoping someone can help...i am going to have a look at the disabled forum as well.

Thanks in anticipation

haha! sorry should've explained better.:D

She is sailing from Southampton next year n we are thinking of booking for 9th May 2013 15 days cruising the Med.

I was just wondering how it compares to the IOTS? (apart from the obvious as in IOTS is a bigger ship.) One of us is disabled as in full time wheelchair user n am wondering is it easy to navigate, etc?

Hoping someone can help...i am going to have a look at the disabled forum as well.

Thanks in anticipation

Getting around Adventure will be just like getting round Independence. The Freedom class ships (Independence) are just stretched versions of the Voyager class ship (Adventure). Adventure's Royal Promenade is a little bit shorter and does not have the "Get Out There" shop or Sorrento's Pizza. But just about everything that you could get in Sorrento's can be found in the Café Promenade. Adventure does not have the H2O zone on the pool deck. The solarium has hot tubs but not the ones that hang over the side of the ship like on Independence. Adventure does not have a flowrider. The balcony structure for cabins has more metal on Adventure where Independence has more Plexiglas. Adventure has a "peek-a-boo" bridge where you can look down on the bridge and see where they control the ship.

Those are the major differences in the two ships that I can think of right now. I have been on both and had great times on each.

Practical question about AOS: The last time we sailed on her, November 2010, I believe, the beds were rather lumpy and uncomfortable, and by the end of the week, my back was not doing so well. For anyone who has sailed on AOS recently, have they upgraded the mattresses as far as you could tell? Freedom and Oasis had lovely beds and the mattresses were so comfortable. I have seen elsewhere that Adventure was going into drydock in January 2014, but I'm hoping they may have done some soft replacements (i.e., mattresses, etc.) in the meantime. Thanks!

I sailed her in 2011, I thought the beds were just fine. I think I could sleep anywhere on a rocking ship (my family jokes about me falling asleep in the theatre 3 nights in a row - I'm sure it wasn't the wine at dinner.) :D

We have already booked for this cruise and were attracted by sailing out from Southampton as we have read adverse comments (fair or otherwise) about Spanish passengers when she sails from Spanish Ports. Also it saves the hassle of flights at both ends of the holiday. My daughter took a Carribean cruise on her a couple of years ago and loved it. Let us know if you do decide to book as well.

Ant

We've sailed on the AOS three times and absolutely love this ship! It is the perfect size and the Promenade deck is great.

The crew and staff are great and seem to really like the ship - makes a huge difference!

Ditto only this will be our 3rd time in April 2013 :D

We were on the same sailing as DaveKathy (well only one of them, lucky b2b folks). As a matter of fact, I just posted our review. Here's a link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1623300

Oh, and the beds. I don't think we've ever slept better. Granted, we were exhausted from all our excursions. ;)

Erika

Getting around Adventure will be just like getting round Independence. The Freedom class ships (Independence) are just stretched versions of the Voyager class ship (Adventure). Adventure's Royal Promenade is a little bit shorter and does not have the "Get Out There" shop or Sorrento's Pizza. But just about everything that you could get in Sorrento's can be found in the Café Promenade. Adventure does not have the H2O zone on the pool deck. The solarium has hot tubs but not the ones that hang over the side of the ship like on Independence. Adventure does not have a flowrider. The balcony structure for cabins has more metal on Adventure where Independence has more Plexiglas. Adventure has a "peek-a-boo" bridge where you can look down on the bridge and see where they control the ship.

Another point to add is that the youth area is a lot bigger on Independence.

Also interestingly, Indy actually has just recently had all the shops on the Royal Promenade redone, and the 'Get Out There' shop is now a clothing store. The food places are still the same though.

Another point to add is that the youth area is a lot bigger on Independence.

Also interestingly, Indy actually has just recently had all the shops on the Royal Promenade redone, and the 'Get Out There' shop is now a clothing store. The food places are still the same though.

Did they get rid of the barber shop on the Royal Promenade yet? A clothing store doesn't sound too exciting. Do they sell anything else in there?

Did they get rid of the barber shop on the Royal Promenade yet? A clothing store doesn't sound too exciting. Do they sell anything else in there?

The barber shop remains, that will be The Cupcake Cupboard when she goes into dry dock. I don't know exactly what the stores are as I only heard from friends that they have changed. I believe they have just switched around a bit.

Been on her twice, our only two times cruising so far, obviously the 1at time was great otherwise we wouldnt have gone back!

We sailed from Malaga and yes there were a lot of Spanish who seem to have a little different attitude to cruises.... However as you are sailing fro Southampton it should be a different style of passenger.

On our first cruise we met a chap in a wheelchair and he did not mention any problems with the ship so hopefully all will be well for you.

Look forward to your update on this cruise as we are considering another and it will save a few hundred on flights. Also what the first and last 2 days at sea are like as i am not the best sailor!!!

Been on her twice, our only two times cruising so far, obviously the 1at time was great otherwise we wouldnt have gone back!

We sailed from Malaga and yes there were a lot of Spanish who seem to have a little different attitude to cruises.... However as you are sailing fro Southampton it should be a different style of passenger.

On our first cruise we met a chap in a wheelchair and he did not mention any problems with the ship so hopefully all will be well for you.

Look forward to your update on this cruise as we are considering another and it will save a few hundred on flights. Also what the first and last 2 days at sea are like as i am not the best sailor!!!

Thanks

This will be our 4th cruise from Southampton..we travel from Liverpool.

Bay of Biscay can be rough ...which is why I understand people would rather fly to pick a ship up but i can honestly say the 6 times previously only 1 crossing was what i class as choppy!

I am not the best sailor myself (which i only found out last year on the Independence...haha) when we were in a Force 10 in the Med!

but just take travel sickness tabs they really do help! xxx

how did u travel down from liverpool we will b travelling from north wales and dont know what the easiest way of getting to southampton

hiya

with RCI connections it cost us £84 return each last year.We got picked up from Burtonwood Services (we could have gone from Chester as well) they do pick up in quite a few places, as we also picked up at Stafford n Telford services.

they take you straight to Port all you have to do is check all your luggage is off the coach then you don't see it again until it arrives in your cabin, so no lugging it round with you.

we usually leave home about 7-7.30 n the last few times we have been sipping our 1st drink aboard by about 2.-2.30, hope this helps.

Are you on the 9th May 2013 sailing?

going to book it in june love the adventure we flew last time to malaga but have always wanted to go from southampton will b on count down as soon as we book it

lol we are on countdown now ourselves... My name is Debbie we will have to arrange to meet up when on board n keep chatting on here..it is always nice to put a face to a name .

Archived