Wrinkled Wardrobe

smiles55

Take some Downy wrinkle releaser! It works great. :D

I have used this before - does not work at all! It may get out VERY light wrinkles but if you wear a pair of slacks and use this stuff to get wrinkes/creases out of all of the normal spots they will look nowhere near what they would look like if they were pressed. My personal experience only.

Just realized I can't bring my portable steamer onboard Summit ! Any ideas for getting the post packing wrinkles out

We don't even bother ironing anything before packing anymore. The price that the cruiselines charge for pressing only is so minimal. As soon as we unpack, we give everything that needs pressing to our cabin attendant and send it out to be pressed. The cost is very minimal (less than $20 total) and everything comes back the next day all neat and pressed.

Someone else on CC gave me this hint a few years back and from that point on, we've never worried about wrinkled clothes again.

Having said that, I don't bother sending out shorts and t-shirts. If they get slightly wrinkled, no big deal. But our dressier clothes are all sent out.

Jo-Ann

If you roll your clothes instead of folding them they will not crease. Even my linen trousers come out fine. If you have something really delicate then maybe roll it up with a layer of bubble wrap.

We role, use packing cubes, and pack tight. Keeps wrinkles to a minimum. Formal wear gets wrinkled. If it gets VERY wrinkled, we'll send it out to get pressed. No one will notice that it's wrinkled except us and we don't really care all that much.

Do you pack using plastic in between layered clothing items? I just use the clear stuff I get back from the dry cleaners; have a whole bunch saved up. Does a much better job than you might think!

I am with you on this suggestion ---- works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen

Take a fine mist spray bottle. (empty of course;) ) fill with tap water and mist your cloths while hanging them. Go to dinner, come back and everything is completely wrinkle free.:) In all my cruises I have never had a wrinkle problem. Especially if your cruise is a humid tropical cruise.

We don't even bother ironing anything before packing anymore. The price that the cruiselines charge for pressing only is so minimal. As soon as we unpack, we give everything that needs pressing to our cabin attendant and send it out to be pressed. The cost is very minimal (less than $20 total) and everything comes back the next day all neat and pressed.

Someone else on CC gave me this hint a few years back and from that point on, we've never worried about wrinkled clothes again.

Having said that, I don't bother sending out shorts and t-shirts. If they get slightly wrinkled, no big deal. But our dressier clothes are all sent out.

Jo-Ann

Exactly what I was thinking! I'd rather plan to spend $30 bucks or whatever on pressing on the ship and not waste that time prior to sailing.

Archived