March 2013 Conquest Caribbean cruise

Tiburonjke

I just returned (April 6th) from my first ever cruise and must say I am "hooked". Already booked the 7 day Caribbean cruise on board the Conquest for March 2013. My only slight worry is in reviewing details of the cabins and the sizes. My previous cruise was on board the imagination and I have t say I was very impressed with the size of the cabin. I was in V4. I have 7208 currently booked for the Conquest and the listed size appears to be much smaller. Since I have only been on one cruise not real sure of the "standard" sizes etc.

Anyone else on here booked for the March 17th, 2013 out of New Orleans?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You will find lots of info on Carnival, it's cabins, and so much more, on the Carnial board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

To find others on your cruise, the Roll Call boards are used, per board rules. It might be a hair early to start a roll call, but here is Conquest's roll calls. Just start one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327

As the e-mail you received when joining the CC states:

Our famous Roll Calls are for people who are going on a specific cruise to meet each other before cruising, and discuss all aspects of their cruise. This is *the* place to find others who might want to share a shore excursion or tour in a port of call. Roll Call forums are available for most major cruise lines and ships.

Reading What is a ROLL CALL and how do I find mine? can give additional information.

There were other suggestions in the introductory e-mail on how best to use the CC. It may be worth reading again.

Good luck -

Tiburonjke, welcome to Cruise Critic! In looking at the cabins you are comparing, you had a junior suite on Imagination and will have a regular balcony on Conquest. Balcony cabins on Conquest are a good size - we've managed to put 4 of us in a cabin on a Conquest-class ship with no problem.

• 4 weeks later...
I just returned (April 6th) from my first ever cruise and must say I am "hooked". Already booked the 7 day Caribbean cruise on board the Conquest for March 2013. My only slight worry is in reviewing details of the cabins and the sizes. My previous cruise was on board the imagination and I have t say I was very impressed with the size of the cabin. I was in V4. I have 7208 currently booked for the Conquest and the listed size appears to be much smaller. Since I have only been on one cruise not real sure of the "standard" sizes etc.

Anyone else on here booked for the March 17th, 2013 out of New Orleans?

We've cruised The Elation and The Triumph (I, too, a now hooked), and their Ocean View rooms (no balcony) were 185 and 225 s.f. respectively. It made a huge difference, so I've been paying more attention to room sizes. I'm surprised to see some really small rooms on cruise lines -- as small at 165 s.f. We didn't spend a great amount of time in the room, but it mattered.

Archived