Birthday during the cruise

cshim

Hi,

It is my mums birthday during our cruise. Do Cunard do anything for this and do they do it automatically or do I need to ask them?

Also, I was looking at the special occassions gift brochure and there used to be a teddy bear in there but it is no longer there - do you think I would be able to order it for her anyway?

Thanks

I have the feeling Cunard does not automatically do the birthday cake anymore but not sure. Anyway, I celebrated my 65th on the 12/12/11 voyage and my traveling companions did inform our waiter and the cake and song were presented to me. The cake was excellent and we shared with the rest of our tablemates ---- it was great fun. My companions also contacted the cruise director - I think thru the pursurs office- and a big mention was made of my birthday on the ship's daily TV show in addition to the usual mention of birthdays on the ship. Don't know about the bear, but we did have floral arrangement ordered for the room and it was there when we arrived and was a nice decoration in the cabin for the entire voyage.

There is a section in your voyage personaliser which asks about special occasions - its my birthday too on our cruise. They used to sing 'happy happy birthday from the crew to you..hey!' which I loved but I think it's just the standard happy birthday now.

Hi,

It is my mums birthday during our cruise. Do Cunard do anything for this and do they do it automatically or do I need to ask them?

Also, I was looking at the special occassions gift brochure and there used to be a teddy bear in there but it is no longer there - do you think I would be able to order it for her anyway?

Thanks

There are two different bears available through the Cunard shop on board , one has a cute captains outfit on and Cunard written on the sole of his paw and the other a little brown bear with the name of the shiP you are on printed on him.

Both very reasonably priced, I think $20 - $30.... I think these are the same bears you used to get through the gift request form.

Have a great mums Birthday.. Roscoe

Thankfully, in the QG, ther's no singing or half baked pudding processions, but birthday cakes will appear providing the Head Waiter or Maitre d' Hotel know of the event.

Not so long ago, whilst I was aboard the QV, I became a grandfather (yes I know, I'm far too young) and without any requests, a "congratulations" cake was delivered to our table that night. Nice touch!

It wouldn't hurt to mention it to your waiter and/or maitre 'd. We have been on board and had birthday cake celebrations, not on the actual day itself, but Cunard used to, and may still, let you celebrate if the birthday is w/in at least 30 and maybe even 60 days of the actual day. So far, it's worked that way on three trips--our QE2 final crossing, the Queen Mary 2 4th of July and the Queen Elizabeth maiden voyage--only there the cake said Happy Birthday "Tom" whereas it should have said "Ken". The cakes are quite good, by the way. When the birthday falls during the voyage, it is my impression that the Cruise director, will mention both crew and passenger birthdays on the day of during the early morning TV broadcast.

One of our table mates had a birthday and they brought a small cake. Everyone was offered a slice but as we had just eaten desert we all declined. Waiters came to sing but was all very rushed as if they couldn't wait to get away.

Archived