Capitan Bob Cass

carlp

I don't think that Blue Safaris in St Maarten is the same company but would love to get more info about your BS in St Kitts. We usually go to the beach Camambola. How many people do the take at once, how much $, what's included, etc??? Thanks

I think the website is bluewatersafaris dot com. We did this in July of 2013, so it was time ago. Shauna was the gal in charge and doing the emailing back then.

I don't remember too much, but catamaran was NOT crowded; they don't take too many. Drinks on the cat and some light lunch. Took you to Sh!tten Bay to snorkel, which was really nice. Saw momma and baby ray :) Off to the left of the cat was the fish (a lot of different ones) and wrecked barge or fishing vessel or whatever it was (I was looking for my review online and can't seem to find it, but I will keep looking and post if I find it). Off to the right of the cat was more corals and not really much fish; more rocks and such.

It's a nice sail out there and they play music and are all super nice and friendly! We did half a day (10-2) and it was $142.50 for the 3 of us according to my email (from 2013)...might be more now. They did a full day to Nevis also (9-4), not sure of cost with that one.

My best advice is to check out their site. I booked with them based on CC reviews and was not disappointed. We had a great day!

Edited by ryansmom

Thank You Capt. Bob for a wonderful day!

We recently did this excursion and loved it. The waters were a bit rough so the ride was very bumpy but the boats are safe and our capt. was very attentive. I suggest sitting in the back if you have any back issues. My granddaughter and daughter loved the bumpy ride but it was a bit rough on this grandma.

The trip is timed perfectly with many stops for swimming and snorkeling and a fantastic lunch at a beachside restaurant. So nice to get away from the crowds.

Our capt. Was very informative on the areas we visited and I felt very safe in his hands. Capt. Bob truly is invested in making sure you have a good time.

I highly recommend this trip and will definitely go again when in St. Martin.

Is this an all water sort of tour/excursion? Meaning, boating/swimming/snorkeling/beach? Does he bring you to any of the towns where you can walk around and see the local sights/shop/etc? Not that I like it but I like to make the wife happy since she really doesn't want to spend the entire time we're there doing just boating things (we do that here in FL every weekend). She like to see the local sights and culture as well.

If that is all he does and really not much "on land" sight seeing can anyone recommend someone that does those tours.

Cheers!

Yes, this is a water based tour; perfect for me, but doesn't sound right for you & your wife. Capt. Bob's site says that he also does land based tours, but that is certainly not his specialty. I would try Bernard's Tours. http://www.bernardstours.com/

• 2 weeks later...

We took this tour with other families, and our 18-year sons. We had an amazing day! Every part of the tour was well planned and thought out. Capt Bob and his staff do a wonderful job from start to finish, including the ease of booking the tour with him via email. The boat was immaculate, and the tour was so fun! We snorkeled, had some beach time, had a DELICIOUS lunch at a different beach, and saw the beautiful island of St. Maarten from the water. I highly recommend this tour, and we have already decided we will do it again the next time we return!

• 1 month later...

My wife and I had a fantastic time on this boat excursion during our stop in St. Maarten. Although we had an awesome time throughout our cruise on Allure of the Seas, this was the highlight of our trip and by far the best excursion! Our Captain, Radek, took care of any and all needs throughout the day. What a thrill on the boat itself, but the stops along the way were terrific! Snorkeling with sea turtles, beautiful beaches, stunning scenery, and a great meal on the French side...definitely get the Mahi Mahi with rice...fresh and tasty! We will definitely be taking our teenage children on this tour when we return to St. Maarten on Adventure of the Seas next summer!

Our excursion was the best one we have every been on hands down. I feel like we got to see all the best sights of St Maartin and got to snorkel at some unbelievable sights. It was my daughter’s first cruise as well as first snorkeling experience. Just imagine her excitement when she got to snorkel with 2 sea turtles! Lunch well exceeded our expectations. We didn’t expect that level of food and were pleasantly surprised. Our boat captain was so nice as well. My 5 year old was getting a little sick from the movement of the boat and he let her sit on his seat with him. She still loves telling everyone that she was a co-captain! There’s just so much to say but in the short of it, this was the best excursion we have ever been on. Well worth the money. Thank you for a wonderful day full of memories. When we come to St Maarten again we’ll be sure to look you up! 

We are active cruisers and have enjoyed many fine excursions at various stops throughout the Caribbean and there has not been one we enjoyed more than Captain Bob's. We seldom take an excursion that is not offered by the cruise line, but we are so happy that we deviated in 2015 to take this excursion. We enjoyed it so much that when we returned in 2016 to St.Martin, there was no doubt that we would be joining Captain again!!! What a great day and awesome experience. The launch location is a very short walk from the cruise pier and we had ZERO concern that we would not return promptly to be back on our ship. Plenty of attention to detail and the boats are clean, quick and handle the seas very well. The boat captains are experienced and operate safely. Our children 23 and 20 love to active boat ride. It is a blast.The beaches are splendid, snorkeling is fun and the sights are spectacular. The beach lunch is very, very tasty and you can grab drinks at the bar! DO NOT HESITATE to book with Captain Bob and his outstanding crews! We can not wait until we can do so again!!! I can not recommend any more strongly... Terrific Day.

Let me finish by responding to one poor review I read and confirm that the response Capt. Bob provided was spot on with accuracy. What he wrote is exactly what we experienced on two trips with the Captain. Keep up the great work Bob....

• 3 weeks later...

Out of nearly four weeks in the Caribbean, this was one of the best days. Capt Bob met us at the berth and introduced us to our captain who was excellent - helpful, careful, communicative - taking us safely snorkelling to see turtles and beautiful fish. Saw some impressive iguanas on Pinel Island and a super lunch was provided at midday. I have no hesitation in recomending it to anyone of average fitness. Having said that, there were people well into their 70's, and one three month old baby on board, all of whom seemed to enjoy themselves.

Edited by peterg1
My typos

• 1 month later...

My family and I went on the all day excursion with Captain Bob in March 2016. It was one of our favorite days of vacation and we will definitely be going back! I traveled with my husband and 6- and 9-year-old son. On our boat there was a wide range of ages, from a family with teenagers to seniors who snorkel. We took a short cab ride from the pier (i would've walked if my kids weren't with me). The weather was rainy and before we left the leader of excursion asked us if we still wanted to go, gave us fair warning of the rain. We went anyway and had a blast! We stopped 3-4 times to snorkel, saw tons of sea life including turtles. The swim into our stop for lunch was little rough bc of the weather but the food was great. Even my picky eaters ate it all. The music on the boat was great and Captain Bob was so accommodating to everyone aboard. It definitely is a trip geared for snorkeling. I am not an avid snorkeler and only got off the boat for 2 of the stops but I would go back again. The views of the island were amazing and my kids were so happy. :):):):)

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you that are reading this and wondering if you should book Capt. Bob's excursion, book it. You won't be disappointed. You'll actually be amazed with it. I just got back and have to post my review. My wife was so apprehensive at first because she did not want to get seasick. For the 6 hours we were on the boat, not once did we feel uncomfortable with the movement of the boat. It was actually very fun going through the water at high speed. Once you go into the Atlantic waters, it does get choppy but the captain knows how to maneuver and everyone on board was fine. No one got sick, including a grandmother in her 70's that was also on board! Music on board made everyone feel at ease. Plenty of drinks and lunch was nothing like you would usually get in an excursion. This was a DELICIOUS lunch served on real plates and silverware. He took us to plenty of spots where we saw sea turtles and plenty of fish. Stops at beaches, near the airport to see a plane fly by so low and a stop in a swimming hole that was perfect. The price is definitely worth it. This was the best excursion of our week-long cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:D WE HAD A BLAST with Captain Bob Cass' team!!! Our trip with them was, by far, our BEST DAY. We cruised on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas late October, 2016. We had a large, "crazy" extended family group. Our captain, Matt, was AWESOME-- so friendly and so much fun!!! Matt was also skilled and safe! >>AND<< I got to pet a wild (adult) sea turtle :cool: when we snorkeled.

Our lunch was FANTASTIC. We highly recommend Captain Bob and his team without hesitation. We'll return and use them every, every time we get the opportunity to visit St. Martin. Thank you so, so much!

We cruised many times. And then took Captain Bobs boat. Have never cruised again. The tour was so awesome that we now go to Saint Martin ever year. Could not possibly say thanks enough for Captain Bob and the experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

What can I say, this is the best excursion we have ever done. We do cruises every year and this is our favorite stop in St. Maarten. People always ask, where is your favorite place in the Caribbean? We always say St. Maarten. The only part of St Maarten we have ever seen is with Soualiga Destinations. There could be a war on the other side of the Island, and we wouldn't know or care.

From the start, Bob is very Professional as is his captains. This is a great tour of the island. Then the snorkeling is amazing and also lunch is great too. Moho beach is the final stop, you see some amazing views of the planes landing feet from the beach and speedboat. We got a special surprise this year, we were feet from the second largest Yacht in the world. Great time as usual, we told many people on our ship to go, so they did, and they also agreed that this was an amazing excursion.

What can I say, this is the best excursion we have ever done. We do cruises every year and this is our favorite stop in St. Maarten. People always ask, where is your favorite place in the Caribbean? We always say St. Maarten. The only part of St Maarten we have ever seen is with Soualiga Destinations. There could be a war on the other side of the Island, and we wouldn't know or care.

From the start, Bob is very Professional as is his captains. This is a great tour of the island. Then the snorkeling is amazing and also lunch is great too. Moho beach is the final stop, you see some amazing views of the planes landing feet from the beach and speedboat. We got a special surprise this year, we were feet from the second largest Yacht in the world. Great time as usual, we told many people on our ship to go, so they did, and they also agreed that this was an amazing excursion.

I am a litttle confused. "The only part of St. Maarten we have ever seen is with Soualiga Destinations. There could we a war on the other side of the Island and we wouldn't know or care." and later you wrote "This is a great tour of the island. Then the snorkeling is amazing"

Where exactly does the tour go? It sounds like it goes about as far as Maho, perhaps Mullet, but then you comment on "the snorkeling being "amazing" so from what I know about snorkeling on the island I am very confused as to where you possibly could have gone.

Thanks for clarifying.:)

Edited by Karysa

I am a litttle confused. "The only part of St. Maarten we have ever seen is with Soualiga Destinations. There could we a war on the other side of the Island and we wouldn't know or care." and later you wrote "This is a great tour of the island. Then the snorkeling is amazing"

Where exactly does the tour go? It sounds like it goes about as far as Maho, perhaps Mullet, but then you comment on "the snorkeling being "amazing" so from what I know about snorkeling on the island I am very confused as to where you possibly could have gone.

Thanks for clarifying.:)

The boat tour goes from the Dutch to French side, and there are stops to swim, snorkel, etc at Pinel, Tintamarie, and Creole Rock, then lunch in Grand Case. A highlight is anchoring off shore at Maho to watch the planes, and the captains are good at knowing when the 'must see' planes are coming in and try to schedule that stop accordingly. Snorkeling, we have seen many turtles, tons of fish, a beautiful eagle ray....I agree with above poster, I prefer to spend my day in STX with this tour and have my fourth one coming in February!

The boat tour goes from the Dutch to French side, and there are stops to swim, snorkel, etc at Pinel, Tintamarie, and Creole Rock, then lunch in Grand Case. A highlight is anchoring off shore at Maho to watch the planes, and the captains are good at knowing when the 'must see' planes are coming in and try to schedule that stop accordingly. Snorkeling, we have seen many turtles, tons of fish, a beautiful eagle ray....I agree with above poster, I prefer to spend my day in STX with this tour and have my fourth one coming in February!

Your post clears up the confusion perfectly. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think I would like St. Maarten that much, but this tour really was great. 8 and 10 year old kids, wife. Saw most of the island, even plane landing and taking off at Maho Beach. Great crew, Capt. Bob is a very nice guy. Free ice cream afterward.

Don't forget a Pain Killer on Pinel Island!

We all agreed this was one of the best excursions we've ever had (7 cruises with family).

• 4 weeks later...

We had a super terrific time with Captain Brett (Bob's son) on December 8, 2016. We were first time cruisers and I have to admit I was a bit leery about booking a shore excursion outside of Royal Caribbean.

BUT I DID and it turned out to be one of the highlights of our cruise. I took my 25 and 27 year old daughters and no one could wipe the smiles off our faces the entire time.

We had a marvelous time! Brett was enthusiastic and charming. We loved the music and the island hopping. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our time with him and would most certainly do it again; in fact, one of the couples on board had taken this trip 3 or 4 times with Bob and/or Brett.

Yes, we met Captain Bob at the dock. He also communicated with us a couple times prior to our excursion. Prepare to enjoy yourself, if you're smart enough to jump on this! Hope to cruise with him again one day!!!

Edited by Dorby919