Capitan Bob Cass

carlp

When is your trip? Also ask your cruiseline and reconfirm once on board. If there are changes, email bob. He will know from the port schedule that day if any changes. We had a problem last fall with ship changing clock back to reflect daylight savings time which has never happened before. We left on 10/31, clocks went back on nov 1. I emailed bob and let him know. Don't count on him though to make sure. You have to do your research with the cruise ship.

Daylight Savings Time begins in most places in USA (including USA East Coast Departure Ports) on March 13, 2016 and ends on November 6, 2016.

During DST, St. Martin time will be the same as East Coast time because St. Martin does not use DST.

As of today, during Standard Time, East Coast Time is one hour behind St. Martin time - so, if it is 2 pm here on East Coast USA, it is 3 pm in Philipsburg, Sint Maarten and all of the island.

Always make sure that you know whether local time in a port is different than ship time - ALWAYS!

Does anyone know if they do tours earlier then 10am? Our ship is in port from 8am-3pm. I have an email into him, but wanted to know if anyone knew. :) Thanks!

we let him know the schedule for our ship and he had no problem customizing the standard for us.

Can anyone tell me how the access is to get back on the boat? Traveling with parents who are in their late 60's...can't see them climbing up a small ladder on the back....

That's the only way to get back on. The captain is on the boat and will help people to get back on.

Is this an all water sort of tour/excursion? Meaning, boating/swimming/snorkeling/beach? Does he bring you to any of the towns where you can walk around and see the local sights/shop/etc? Not that I like it but I like to make the wife happy since she really doesn't want to spend the entire time we're there doing just boating things (we do that here in FL every weekend). She like to see the local sights and culture as well.

If that is all he does and really not much "on land" sight seeing can anyone recommend someone that does those tours.

Cheers!

Is this an all water sort of tour/excursion? Meaning, boating/swimming/snorkeling/beach? Does he bring you to any of the towns where you can walk around and see the local sights/shop/etc? Not that I like it but I like to make the wife happy since she really doesn't want to spend the entire time we're there doing just boating things (we do that here in FL every weekend). She like to see the local sights and culture as well.

If that is all he does and really not much "on land" sight seeing can anyone recommend someone that does those tours.

Cheers!

I haven't done Capt Bob's yet (signed up for August) but everything points to being mostly (if not all) water-based. I would check out Bernard's Tours - he does great land tours.

Cheers!

It is definitely a water-based tour. You will touch land at Pinel Island - nothing there really, and at Grand Case for lunch, no time to shop.

I'm sure someone on this thread mentioned that Captain Bob arranged a land tour for them, you might read back through the thread if that's what you want.

Check out Bernard's tours. We've used them several times, and he has either pre-arranged tours where he takes you to all the major sites or you can arrange a custom tour if you know what you want to see or where you want to go.

Do a search for Bernard in this forum and you will see lots of comments.

Been on this boat trip 3 of last 4 years...

This trip is a total blast!! The captains are all polished pros who keep you safe and ensure every individual has fun.

Lots of Fun and Sun while cruising in some awesome big money watercraft!!

We've had three captains and three different boats- all fabulous. Always get us back in plenty of time to get to the ship and they have never cut corners.

Great snorkeling, lunch, lots of laughs and some cool and interesting surprises along the way.

We brought our son and his new bride Jan 2016. Brought our college senior daughter in 2015. All agree it's the highlight of our cruise!!

Cruise with Soualiga and you won't regret it! It a total gas and I highly

Recommend this trip!! Top notch business!!

Have Fun!!

Liquorpig

• 3 weeks later...

We had a great experience in dealing with Captain Bob from Soualiga. From initial inquiries to the end of our day trip it was all a positive experience. The information provided prior to arrival was detailed and the walk from the cruise ship to their location was quick and easy.

Captain Bob is very professional and apologized repeatedly when our boat was a few minutes late arriving. Our captain for the day was Milo and he was absolutely wonderful in getting us from place to place. If you have never been here it is a great way to get an overview of the island. Our tour was from 10 AM to 4PM. The waters of the Atlantic can be a bit rough so consider that if you have any back issues. Ourselves we had a fun time being bounced around a bit. We snorkeled in 2 locations (swam with turtles in one), visited the island with the iguanas, had an absolutely delicious lunch of Mahi Mahi cooked fresh for us, saw the planes landing and swam in the ocean. Be aware that you will be swimming / walking into the beaches including where you have lunch as there are no docks. The day went by too fast! The ice cream given to us to walk back to the ship with was a nice touch.

We want to thank Captain Bob, Milo and the other friendly staff, we felt very welcome and so well taken care of! Take a day out with them, you won't regret it

We took this tour last week. It was amazing. I was traveling w my husband and sons ages 6 & 9. While I have booked excursions off of cruise lines before I am always cautious. At first I thought $109 was a little high but it was worth every penny!! I can't say enough about what an amazing day we had! What I didn't know was how rough/bouncy the ride would be. It was great for my boys but something ppls you want to know before booking. I have been to st. Maarten several times before this and have never learned or seen so much of the beautiful island in one day! Highly highly recommend this tour!

Edited by Katie517

• 3 weeks later...

My girlfriend and I booked Captain Bob's excursion coming in to St. Martin on the Celebrity Silhouette. We both found it to be the highlight of our vacation.

The elephant in the room when booking these tours when on a cruise is missing your all aboard time. The boat was pretty new and well maintained, so there is no worry that a mechanical problem will prevent you from getting back to your cruise ship on time. Furthermore, the crew keeps a tight schedule. You have a good amount of time at each stop without feeling rushed.

We stopped twice for snorkeling. The first snorkeling stop was to see sea turtles. Unfortunately, we didn't spot any turtles, but I was delighted that the snorkel gear made it easy as I don't have much experience snorkeling. The second stop was at a reef for tropical fish. Here we did get a chance to see a lot of fish.

Both my girlfriend and I had ribs for lunch, and they were great. I was told the drinks were very good, also. There was a specialty drink at the restaurant we ate - I can't recall what it was called (I don't drink), but every one on our boat loved it.

There were all ages on our boat and everybody enjoyed the tour. I'd recommend it to just about anybody.

My girlfriend and I booked Captain Bob's excursion coming in to St. Martin on the Celebrity Silhouette. We both found it to be the highlight of our vacation.

The elephant in the room when booking these tours when on a cruise is missing your all aboard time. The boat was pretty new and well maintained, so there is no worry that a mechanical problem will prevent you from getting back to your cruise ship on time. Furthermore, the crew keeps a tight schedule. You have a good amount of time at each stop without feeling rushed.

We stopped twice for snorkeling. The first snorkeling stop was to see sea turtles. Unfortunately, we didn't spot any turtles, but I was delighted that the snorkel gear made it easy as I don't have much experience snorkeling. The second stop was at a reef for tropical fish. Here we did get a chance to see a lot of fish.

Both my girlfriend and I had ribs for lunch, and they were great. I was told the drinks were very good, also. There was a specialty drink at the restaurant we ate - I can't recall what it was called (I don't drink), but every one on our boat loved it.

There were all ages on our boat and everybody enjoyed the tour. I'd recommend it to just about anybody.

We too did Captain Bob once and had a great time. FAB was our captain and was the absolute BEST! He now owns his own business BlueSafaris and offers other excursions. We've down his various excursions (even one to Anguilla) and was just spectacular. We won't go with anyone else now other than FAB unless he's booked and want to get out on the water. So..... if you want to try someone even better (to think that was even possible b/c Bob's is great) you need to give BlueSafaris a looking into when visiting St Maarten.

FAB was our captain and was the absolute BEST! He now owns his own business BlueSafaris.......

Relation to Blue Safaris on St. Kitts?

We did cat/snorkel excursion with BS on St. Kitts after we were at St. Martin on our last cruise.....

Relation to Blue Safaris on St. Kitts?

We did cat/snorkel excursion with BS on St. Kitts after we were at St. Martin on our last cruise.....

I don't think that Blue Safaris in St Maarten is the same company but would love to get more info about your BS in St Kitts. We usually go to the beach Camambola. How many people do the take at once, how much $, what's included, etc??? Thanks

Could anyone provide me the email address of Capt. Bob please?

http://www.bluesafarisstmaarten.com/

Not sure but I would put my salary on the line for bluesafarisstmaarten dot com

We've done both and found Capt. Fab was even better

Edited by 99florida
Accidentally posted a website trying to help a fellow passenger,