Booked ES on Dream in January, now daughter cannot go,,,

SpeedsterX

Booked ES on Dream in January, now daughter cannot go due to personal reasons. I have researched CC as much as possible and gotten a bit confused so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

As far as I can tell, I cannot change her name because it's ES. So, that means I will have the cabin to myself. Even if I wanted to bring a friend to share the cabin, I cannot?

Can I change my booking to solo cruiser?

Can a friend book as a solo cruiser but stay in my room?

I tried to read the fine print and I can only understand that I cannot change the name of the second cruiser but anything else?

Yes, I did get "cancel for any reason" insurance and understand I would only get half of the booking price but would just as well like to have a friend come along.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thank you in advance!

PS. No, I have not paid in full yet.

With ES you can't change name/passenger.

If she Cancels (prior to your Final Payment date), her deposit, less $50 ES cancellation penalty, would be held for a future cruise for her. There is a Form, If you can prove you paid for her booking, you could have that future cruise credit held for YOUR future use. When she cancels, she should get back her "Govt Fees & Taxes" and any pre-paid gratuities from Carnival.

You COULD both cancel (before Final Payment date) and have your deposits, less $50pp penalty, applied to a future cruise for BOTH of you. If you cancel and book a follow-on cruise in the same phone call, your deposits, less $50pp penalty, should be applied to the DEPOSIT on the new cruise. If you cancel in one call, and subsequently re-book in a later call, your deposits, less $50pp penalty, should be applied to the new CRUISEFARE and you'll have to put down a full deposit.

If she Cancels, you'd be solo at 200% rate, but you could then book Passenger #2 at the going rate.

firefly333 is the resident expert on Early Saver cancellation.

If you have Carnival Policy, "Cancel for Any Reason" is a 75% future Cruise Credit. Most 3rd party Policies reimburse better than 50% "Cancel for Any Reason" - Which Insurer/Policy do you have?

ken

Yes, you can definitely add another PAX to your ES booking. You need to figure out which option will give you the smallest financial penalty. 1.) File insurance claim under your cancel for any reason; 2.) Cancel daughter through CCL if she plans to cruise with CCL in near future, taking the $50 cancellation penalty. I'd call CCL to see about adding other PAX since daughter will not be going. If you're filing insurance claim for daughter, any funds will come from insurance company so as far as CCL is concerned there are 2 paying guests booked. If that is the case, maybe the PAX you're adding will get the lower third PAX fare?

Booked ES on Dream in January, now daughter cannot go due to personal reasons. I have researched CC as much as possible and gotten a bit confused so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

As far as I can tell, I cannot change her name because it's ES. So, that means I will have the cabin to myself. Even if I wanted to bring a friend to share the cabin, I cannot?

Can I change my booking to solo cruiser?

Can a friend book as a solo cruiser but stay in my room?

I tried to read the fine print and I can only understand that I cannot change the name of the second cruiser but anything else?

Yes, I did get "cancel for any reason" insurance and understand I would only get half of the booking price but would just as well like to have a friend come along.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thank you in advance!

PS. No, I have not paid in full yet.

Problem solved. Just cancel both of you and rebook with your friend, with this type of insurance you will not lose anything. Don't worry about Carnival's rules just submit your claim to the insurance company for anything you lose and you are good to go.

Problem solved. Just cancel both of you and rebook with your friend, with this type of insurance you will not lose anything. Don't worry about Carnival's rules just submit your claim to the insurance company for anything you lose and you are good to go.

Actually with Carnival Berkely "Cancel for Any Reason" you only get a 75% reimbursement and it's a future Cruise Credit. Most Other Policies generally only reimburse up to 80% or so, some less, as little as 50%.

ken

There is a Form, If you can prove you paid for her booking, you could have that future cruise credit held for YOUR future use.

ken

I just had this discussion with Carnival because we are having to cancel our son. We paid his deposit, but the girl I talked to insisted that we could not get the FCC held for us. I knew I had read otherwise on these boards! Anyone have firsthand knowledge and a link to the form?

I just had this discussion with Carnival because we are having to cancel our son. We paid his deposit, but the girl I talked to insisted that we could not get the FCC held for us. I knew I had read otherwise on these boards! Anyone have firsthand knowledge and a link to the form?

firefly333 can probably address both......

ken

Here's another scenario I'm not sure what to do with. We're going on a cruise in Oct. also booked the ES rate there are 4 of us in the room my DH, DD, DS and myself.

But now my daughters boyfriend wants to come and she wants to move out of our room and into another room with him.

Will Carnival allow this move??? I know moving her out of our room will be downgrading our room but we're actually upgrading her so I'm confused how this would work or if I should even ask???:confused:

Any help would be great.

Here's another scenario I'm not sure what to do with. We're going on a cruise in Oct. also booked the ES rate there are 4 of us in the room my DH, DD, DS and myself.

But now my daughters boyfriend wants to come and she wants to move out of our room and into another room with him.

Will Carnival allow this move??? I know moving her out of our room will be downgrading our room but we're actually upgrading her so I'm confused how this would work or if I should even ask???:confused:

Any help would be great.

I'd call your Booking Agent and describe the scenario - since you're bringing more money to Carnival you probably have a decent chance. ken

Before final payment, you can cancel 1 guest, $50 admin fee is taken from that person's deposit and the remaining deposit is held in a future cruise credit in the cancelled guest's name. You can then add someone else, but they will pay a new deposit. You are not changing the name, you are cancelling and re-booking. Easy to do. (If you have proof you paid the cxld person's deposit, you can request a FCC transfer form be sent to you--fill it out, have it notarized, show proof you paid it and CCL will give you the FCC, to be used up to 2 years from cancelled date--cannot be applied to this current booking)

~~~~

The 4 people in a cabin can move 1 person to another cabin for 2, add the new guest and pay their deposit. The 4th guest's deposit would be moved over to the new booking.

Now the quad cabin is a triple, and will most likely be moved to a cabin for 3.

Before final payment, you can cancel 1 guest, $50 admin fee is taken from that person's deposit and the remaining deposit is held in a future cruise credit in the cancelled guest's name. You can then add someone else, but they will pay a new deposit. You are not changing the name, you are cancelling and re-booking. Easy to do. (If you have proof you paid the cxld person's deposit, you can request a FCC transfer form be sent to you--fill it out, have it notarized, show proof you paid it and CCL will give you the FCC, to be used up to 2 years from cancelled date--cannot be applied to this current booking)

~~~~

The 4 people in a cabin can move 1 person to another cabin for 2, add the new guest and pay their deposit. The 4th guest's deposit would be moved over to the new booking.

Now the quad cabin is a triple, and will most likely be moved to a cabin for 3.

Carnival has also been known to say no. You cant guarantee Carnival will release one from a ES booking. Might depend on how booked up the ship is?

I agree with Ken, call and ask and see if they will do it.

Thanks for the replies!

For those who asked, my travel insurance is with Travel Guard.

Based on suggestions here, I will call and see what else is possible but am fully expecting to play by the rules. That's why I got the insurance, right? lol

What I can't understand is why Carnival would have that rule in the first place. I can understand "no refunds" because I am getting the ES price but to NOT be able to change the name of the 2nd pax or even have to pay a small inconvenience fee to do that I just do not understand the reasoning. It's not like they would be losing any money and in fact would make a little with a "name change fee". I am sure somehow it all comes back to money though somehow.

Archived