Question about Cruise Temps and packing

Chatteress

This site is such a great resource. I am scheduled for RCL's Enchantment of the Seas leaving from Baltimore on July 26 to Bermuda, Boston and Newport RI. I've never cruised before and want to have an idea what to expect in terms of temperatures on the ship. Since this cruise takes place in the middle of summer, I'm sure it will be hot at the ports but what about the ship? I want to pack light (ha ... Let's see how THAT goes :rolleyes:) but do I need to bring sweaters and warm tops while on the cruise itself as I tend to be super sensitive to the cold in overly air-conditioned places? I want to enjoy my cruise but want to also be comfortable. Please advise.

This site is such a great resource. I am scheduled for RCL's Enchantment of the Seas leaving from Baltimore on July 26 to Bermuda, Boston and Newport RI. I've never cruised before and want to have an idea what to expect in terms of temperatures on the ship. Since this cruise takes place in the middle of summer, I'm sure it will be hot at the ports but what about the ship? I want to pack light (ha ... Let's see how THAT goes :rolleyes:) but do I need to bring sweaters and warm tops while on the cruise itself as I tend to be super sensitive to the cold in overly air-conditioned places? I want to enjoy my cruise but want to also be comfortable. Please advise.

I am sooo happy for you. Bermuda is my favorite and always will be.

You have a thermostat in your room, so you can regulate it.

July? You will be warm during the day. In the evening, certain places such as the Dining room in the evening, the air conditioning will be on. I always have a little sweater with me. If you are on the lido deck at night it can be a little chilly. You do not need big bulky clothes. You just need a little sweater or jacket.

Have a GREAT time. First cruises are always the most exciting.

I am sooo happy for you. Bermuda is my favorite and always will be.

You have a thermostat in your room, so you can regulate it.

July? You will be warm during the day. In the evening, certain places such as the Dining room in the evening, the air conditioning will be on. I always have a little sweater with me. If you are on the lido deck at night it can be a little chilly. You do not need big bulky clothes. You just need a little sweater or jacket.

Have a GREAT time. First cruises are always the most exciting.

Thanks Susie! I will make sure to bring a sweater and light jacket. I am excited :)

Thanks Susie! I will make sure to bring a sweater and light jacket. I am excited :)

No problem...if you want any suggestions for Bermuda, let me know. DO NOT book excursions. This is a SAFE and great island that you can do everything on your own. Excursions are soooo expensive when you can do stuff for a fraction of the cost.

The air conditioning on board has been mentioned. If you are out on deck in the evening, there will be a steady breeze caused by the ship's movement, and without the sun, it will be cool.

Just a note about Bermuda. There is a bit of a dress code particularly in Hamilton. They do not dress as casually as we do in the States.

No problem...if you want any suggestions for Bermuda, let me know. DO NOT book excursions. This is a SAFE and great island that you can do everything on your own. Excursions are soooo expensive when you can do stuff for a fraction of the cost.

I was looking on a Bermuda site and noticed that I could easily take a Ferry or bus but since I am unfamiliar with Bermuda, some suggestions would be helpful. I also would love to try food that is native to that region as well.

The air conditioning on board has been mentioned. If you are out on deck in the evening, there will be a steady breeze caused by the ship's movement, and without the sun, it will be cool.

Just a note about Bermuda. There is a bit of a dress code particularly in Hamilton. They do not dress as casually as we do in the States.

Could you elaborate? I don't typically wear shorts but was planning on bringing some denim capri jeans and a casual top. Would that be inappropriate?

Could you elaborate? I don't typically wear shorts but was planning on bringing some denim capri jeans and a casual top. Would that be inappropriate?

That is completely FINE. I think the other poster was thinking more along the lines of walking around in a bikini, or hot pants with lots of skin showing. Even regular shorts are fine or a nice light skirt. I usually cruise with lots of skirts as they allow more 'breeze', but that is my personal opinion.

Have a wonderful time!

Here is advice I wish I had when I packed for my visit cruise. Do not pack bulky clothes when visiting ports-of-call that you know will be hot. The ships usually aren't that cold unless you are sitting under an a/c vent. You can always pick up a shawl in one of the shops for $10.00.

Here is advice I wish I had when I packed for my visit cruise. Do not pack bulky clothes when visiting ports-of-call that you know will be hot. The ships usually aren't that cold unless you are sitting under an a/c vent. You can always pick up a shawl in one of the shops for $10.00.

Thanks! I will go ahead and pack a light sweater and other lightweight clothing for my trip for hot weather and if I need anything additional, I'll give myself an excuse to shop... :D

Do you know if the dining areas are cold? :confused: I usually freeze at most restaurants and want to be prepared.

Do you know if the dining areas are cold? :confused: I usually freeze at most restaurants and want to be prepared.

I hear ya but I'll just pack a light sweater as suggested and if I need something heavier ... I'll just use that excuse to buy something warm at the gift shop :D

Archived