Infinity-Eastbound Panama Canal 4/10 - 4/25/12

cruisingdelt

Just a very quick mini rrview to address some items brought up on these great boards.

The refurb of the ship was very nice but she is still no spring chicken any longer. With that said, DW and I would sail her again in a heartbeat. The best addition is the Martini Bar. A definite center of attention in the early evening and night. The bartenders are entertainers who also know how to make drinks and are very friendly.

Food-We have been cruising with Celebrity for over 10 years and have seen changes in the MDR food. It is much lighter and the portions are more human sized (this is OK by me). We did find out that their sauces do not contain flour but are all reductions. It also appears that they are now consistently getting fish right. The beef was very good and cooked to order but was not outstanding like I have found it in the past. Most of Celebrity's beef is from markets in New York City and Chicago according to the executive chef. THe specialty restaurant, SS United States, was excellent as I have found all of these on Celebrity. Chilled soups are gone except for formal nights.

Entertainment-Very improved. I am not a big song and dance person but the shows were very good. The individual entertainers were also much improved. There were two vocalist, two comedians, a juggler and a person playing an electronic xylophone..WOW, he could have propelled the ship with just his energy. The cruise director was also perfect. She never tried to make herself the center of attention.

Beds-I found the bed to be very comfortable, no complaints

Crew-Celebrity still shines here. All were very friendly and would do anything to make your trip a pleasant one. Don't forget to give a few extra $$ or positive comments to guest relations about the outstanding crewmembers

Captains CLub items-Our first trip as Elite. Loved the perqs. Used free pressing of a few pairs of slacks and the free laundry service. SInce we are both Elite we had 180 minutes of internet. In spite of the relatively sloww speed we ended the trip with leftover minutes. Of course the free drinks from 5-7 were much appreciated. DOn't forget to tip those folks who are loosing out on gratuities. The hostess, Ti-Ann, could not have been better.

Music in the Martini Bar-yes there is now piped in music. We did not find it load or intrusive.

Officers-Celebrity seems to be making a concerted effort to hire peoople that are comfortable interacting with the passengers. Good move.

Overall-I admit being a Celebrity fan. Things have changed over the past decade but nothing that would make me wnat to change lines. THe trip was great and our next cruise was booked on board. FOr those of you that have not been through the canal, add it to the bucket list. It is amazing what people can concieve and build when they put their minds to it.

Overall-I admit being a Celebrity fan. Things have changed over the past decade but nothing that would make me wnat to change lines. THe trip was great and our next cruise was booked on board. FOr those of you that have not been through the canal, add it to the bucket list. It is amazing what people can concieve and build when they put their minds to it.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm doing the same itinerary/ship this fall (my first on Celebrity and my first Panama Canal trip), and am very excited about it! From everything I've read, I anticipate becoming a Celebrity convert in short time :)

Archived