Tipping at Spec Restaurants ?

Hi

New to NCL - not used to booking and paying for Speciality Restaurants in advance....now that we've booked and paid for the dates/times we want - what is the practice for tipping ? - Anything "extra" expected as we finish our dinner ?(in addition to daily amount added to account ?

THANKS !!

Nothing is "expected but we always tip extra mainly because there are so many people attending your table plus the service is always great. We usually add $5 to the bill.

And while its a platinum perk I just could not go into Le Bistro for free dinner sit/eat and walk out.

Nothing is "expected but we always tip extra mainly because there are so many people attending your table plus the service is always great. We usually add $5 to the bill.

And while its a platinum perk I just could not go into Le Bistro for free dinner sit/eat and walk out.

Same here. Party of 4. LeBistro comp dinner. $20.00 tip.

Same here. Party of 4. LeBistro comp dinner. $20.00 tip.

I think if your eating for free you should leave a tip!.

While we also normally tip in Le Bistro, the reason has nothing to do with it being a complimentary dinner. NCL specialty restaurant waiters are compensated from the same service charge pool as MDR waiters, so your getting a complimentary meal at Le Bistro doesn't deprive them of any income, because they don't get a piece of the restaurant cover charge, unlike the practice on some other cruise lines. We tip because of the exceptional service we usually get.

I don't typically tip extra in the specialty restaurants. I feel it's covered in my DSC. However, we did tip when the wait staff went above and beyond, like when my SIL asked for caramel on her ice cream and they went out and found some for her (didn't have any in the restaurant)

Archived