The Upgrade Fairy does exist!

Hi we are booked on Explorer for the May 10th cruise and today I received a e-mail from RCCL notifying me that I had been upgraded from a balcony on deck 8 to a balcony Junior Suite on deck 10!! I am so excited and still can't believe it, I had to call and speak to an agent because I have never been upgraded before. This will be my 17th cruise with Royal. I can't stop grinning I'm so happy and I just had to share my good news!

Great news! Did you book through RCCL? Did you originally have a special balcony stateroom, like one that slept 4, when there were only two of you? Was it a Cat. E or D? Was it an aft, or center hump stateroom?

Just curious to see if RCCL had a motive, or if they are finally awarding loyal customers with upgrades.:)

Great news! Did you book through RCCL? Did you originally have a special balcony stateroom, like one that slept 4, when there were only two of you? Was it a Cat. E or D? Was it an aft, or center hump stateroom?

Just curious to see if RCCL had a motive, or if they are finally awarding loyal customers with upgrades.:)

They likely always have a motive but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. One motive would be to recognize loyal customers while at the same time another motive would be to free up an easier stateroom to sell as they are trying to fill the ship before sailing. While they may lose a little $ on the upgrade, it's far less than if it remained unoccupied - and they have a happy loyal customer. Plus they will likely fill the original stateroom with either a direct sale or another upgrade, like window to balcony, and so on always leaving the easier stateroom to sell. A win-win - good business and good customer service. And congrats on the upgrade......

Oh wow! That's great! :) :)

An email? Is that how they do it now? How exciting that must have been to read!!!!

Last fall on the Jewel, we got an email with the "requested confirmation" that we hadn't requested.:confused: When I opened it, it was just the standard RCI confirmation but we had a new cabin, a GS.

OP, congrats on the upgrade, and enjoy!:D

Last fall on the Jewel, we got an email with the "requested confirmation" that we hadn't requested.:confused: When I opened it, it was just the standard RCI confirmation but we had a new cabin, a GS.

OP, congrats on the upgrade, and enjoy!:D

:eek: :D Awesome!

Archived