? egg crate mattress covers

Hi folks,

Sometimes the beds are too firm...do you know if one can ask for an egg crate mattress on RCCL. I have been fortunate to get one on previous cruises. Otherwise...how comfy are the beds on RCCL ships ?

I usually am just too darn excited and happy to be cruising , no matter which cruiseline...but a bit of comfort at night sure helps. :p

Thanks,

Huggs

I know this doesn't answer your question but you've totally answered mine. Whenever I read people saying they asked for an egg crate for the sofa bed I honestly through they were asking for a plastic crate to put under the bed to hold it up!!

Hi folks,

Sometimes the beds are too firm...do you know if one can ask for an egg crate mattress on RCCL. I have been fortunate to get one on previous cruises. Otherwise...how comfy are the beds on RCCL ships ?

I usually am just too darn excited and happy to be cruising , no matter which cruiseline...but a bit of comfort at night sure helps. :p

Thanks,

Huggs

Yes you can ask for an egg crate! Surprisingly, on Freedom last week both beds in my cabin already had them! I actually find them TOO soft but it wasn't too bad.

Try the bed out first and if you dont like it, just ask your stateroom attendant and he/she will get you one if they have any available and havent ran out :)

I've asked four times and told four times they were out of them. We always board about 11 am so when they say ask fast...they mean ask fast!

On a side note, I've never felt I needed them. The beds are always comfortable and I sleep better on the ship than I do at home! I just ask for my husband, but he's a picky sleeper.

All of the mattresses were changed out for MUCH better mattresses than they had in the past....chances are, you won't need anything additional!

true, but some of them that were changed out are beginning to wear down again.

I've asked four times and told four times they were out of them. We always board about 11 am so when they say ask fast...they mean ask fast!

On a side note, I've never felt I needed them. The beds are always comfortable and I sleep better on the ship than I do at home! I just ask for my husband, but he's a picky sleeper.

call & ask them to put it on your reservation BEFORE you go. it still does not guarantee that you will get one. when we were on Serenade in DEc, we saw a crew member at Kmart buying all of the egg crates they had!!!!

I have been on 3 cruises and always ask for the egg crate mattress topper when I book the reservation and have always gotten them. My wife has a bad back and likes the extra softness.

I always request egg crates when I book my cruise. Egg crates are limited so if you don't reserve in advance they may not have anymore available. You can always change your mind once you are in your room if you feel you don't need it.

Beds are extremely comfy and soft, don't think you will need an additonal egg crate on them.

My bed was allowing my poor old bones to hit the plastic (New definition for HARD) base. The new replacement was not in the same league with HAL and their matresses!:o:eek:

Not sure which ship you will be on, but I can tell you the Allure's bed was the MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept on away from home. This was the first time we were away that we were not looking forward to returning to our own (water) bed.

Bed harness/softness is in the back of the beholder. ;)

I have a memory foam mattress at home and find most hotel and ship beds really uncomfortable! I had read that RC had upgraded their mattresses and they were supposedly very comfortable now. I tried it for a night on Liberty but woke up with an aching back. When our absolutely fabulous steward Sonia asked how we slept the following morning, I mentioned that the bed was harder than expected. She immediately offered to put an egg crate pad on it, which helped but it still wasn't as nice as my bed at home.

On Adventure I realized that the mattress wasn't going to work for me as soon as I sat down on the bed. I asked the steward for an egg crate pad, which he grudgingly provided. The next day my cousin who was in a different cabin mentioned that her bed was too hard. I told her to request an egg crate pad. She did but her steward said that they were out of them.

I didn't realize that you can request an egg crate pad in advance. I will have to remember that for my next RC cruise. I would prefer a memory foam pad, but I'll take whatever I can get. How do you reserve one - just ask for it on your booking?

Dee ~ Reserving it was wasy. Just have your travel agent call or you call RCCL directly and ask that an 'egg crate topper' be added to your reservation.

It won't be until next February that I will find out if it really works or not!:rolleyes:

Archived