***Live from the Sojourn, 20-day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn***

10 Day Norwegian Fjords-Sojourn itinerary starting tomorrow.

0 05 Jun 2012 Hamburg, Germany 05:00 PM

1 06 Jun 2012 At Sea (North Sea) CO

2 07 Jun 2012 Stavanger, Norway 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

3 08 Jun 2012 Bergen, Norway 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

4 09 Jun 2012 Olden, Norway TR 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

5 10 Jun 2012 Alesund, Norway 08:00 AM 11:00 PM

6 11 Jun 2012 Geiranger, Norway TR 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

7 12 Jun 2012 At Sea (Norwegian Sea) CO

8 13 Jun 2012 Oslo, Norway 10:00 AM 08:00 PM

9 14 Jun 2012 Gothenburg, Sweden 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

10 15 Jun 2012 Copenhagen, Denmark 07:00 AM

We have Captain Karlo Bouer is coming tomorrow as Captain Elliott is leaving us tomorrow in Hamburg, Germany.

Post Breakfast Update-At Sea

Just came back a while ago from the Colonnade for breakfast adn it was busy as usual....went up at 8:25am and was standing room only....Madonna! I guess people wanted to get in early for breakfast because of the Galley Market Lunch?:eek:

I had a very light brekfast just a white bun, a couple of slices of parma ham and cheeses and an O.J....that's it until Galley Market Lunch at twelve noon and no doubt I will be lining up at the doors at 11:58am with the "Die hards" that know better to get in and quick before the MADHOUSE errupts in there....people see crab leg or two and go KOO KOO all of sudden!

Sea swells have increased this morning from 2-3 metres or 10ft as well as the winds have increased with gusts to 47 m.p.h. or gale force 9 on the beaufort scale which is making for some bouncing around motion and also pitching and rolling onboard the vessel this monring.

Seabourn Square is fairly busy as well this morning, keeoing Miss Annie pretty busy herself as well. The temparature has been dropping as well this morning to now 9C or 48F and under cloudy menacing skies, although there are some "die hards" outside trying to catch a single ray I believe if they can on a lounger.

More to come later today from the Sojourn on it;s way to Hamburg, Germany.:eek:

The new Captain's name is Karlo Buer. He was the Captain on the Sojourn maiden voyage. Very personable and approachable.

I apologize for the misspelling, but Hubert the "HotMan" gave me his name and spelling this morning...I will have a word with him about this!;)

Apparently, Captain Buer has a very monotone voice:eek:

ST

I think Captain Buer is Seabourn's #1 "Senior" Master ~he was the Capt. when the pirates attacked the Spirit (yrs ago) He's former Norwegian Navy ~excellent leader!

Many thanks to my Seabourn Family for your concern and encouragement ~

My toast to you:"Amigos para Siempre....."when the goin' gets tough, Seabourn Sailor's get goin'...." Thank you~!

EAT desert first today ~wonder who the Ex. pastry Chef is? June or Agi?

Miss M

Well it's brrrrrrr here today as well!

Galley lunch - yummy yummy - I am not going to look at our photos today as I did last time - its much too cruel! :p

For what it's worth I think CDs should be seen and not heard, especially the idiot who insisted on playing Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" incessentantly as we sailed into New York on a beautiful atmospheric morning, totally spoiled by his musical renditions and inane commentary! With all respect to them personally, I think they have a tough job in keeping all happy, and thats a battle they're not necessarily going to win! We don't need to be fawned over or be "entertained" all the time.

But then I suppose we would be classed as one of the newer generation of Seabourn Sailors who according to Seabournaddict are a change for the worse! :mad: Talking of idiots ...... :eek:

I hope this is not standard on Seabourn now. Last year on Regent Mariner, the CD assisted by three musicians did a lovely 30 minute chruch service every Sunday for the 2 1/2 months we were on. In fact, I can't remember a ship not having a Sunday service lead by someone. This fall HAL also had a nice service on Sunday.

Yes, I had a nice experience with Regent as well. I was disappointed especially since the shuttle service that day to Porto was a boondoggle and we were unable to make it to Mass:(

The job of the crew of a cruise ship is to run the ship, of course, but that is not their only job. The crew sees to the feeding of the passengers, keeping the ship clean and providing various types of services and entertainment for the passengers. IMHO, that has incuded, at least for the 30 years we have enjoyed cruising, leading a simple Sunday service of some sort. Like all activities on a cruise ship, if that is not your thing you are not required to take part.

ST...I do not ever remember the Captain leading or attending a service either. It has always been the CD/CD Staff or maybe a minister who happened to be on the ship.

I remember Barry, CD, running a wonderful service my first time on Seabourn, think that was 3 or 4 years ago.

Btw, Barry Hopkins (the other CD) that went to Regent was onboard with us one day in Edingburgh or one those "cold spots" when we were putting around England. He had lunch with Annabel onboard the Sojourn.

Oh! I am so sorry I missed him! Hope to see him when I am on Regent in November or next May.

Post Galley Market Lunch;

We had a great time a the Galley Market Lunch and arrived at 12 noon sharp with Laundry Lady and Janie and we were able to get a table by the window. Surprisingly, I think because of the rough seas it was not overlly busy this time around. Even saw one lady in the Galley walking around with her sickness bag from a plane and holding a plate.:eek::rolleyes:

They had everything displyed so beautifully, fondue station, pasta station, sushi station, ceasar salad station etc.

Dessert tables were decorated nicely as well with huge croc en buche, princess cake, Baked Alaska etc.

We left there today feeling quite stuffed to say the least that I could actually skip dinner no problem.

:eek:

The ship has been moving alot this afternoon as well, with strong winds persisting (currently 38 m.p.h. or force 8 on the beaufort) and a temperature of 10C or 50F under completely cloudy skies. We have huge sea swells as well with white caps as we continue at a speed of 16 knots.

More to come later today from the Sojourn enroute for Hamburg, Germany.

Hi ST, thanks so much for your help with the Montreal and Quebec question. We have to wait now to see if anything becomes available on the cruise. Our TA suggested that there may something by the end of the week - they obviously know something we don't. My husband is very keen on spending some time in the Charlevoix region, so yes, even though the ship will go through, he wants more time than just on the ship's itinerary.

I wondered if you'd seen these pics, and if the 'Barry' in them, is the 'Barry' of whom you are all speaking? You have to click on them to view them properly.

http://www.captain-ga.com/thumbnails.php?album=135

Hi ST, thanks so much for your help with the Montreal and Quebec question. We have to wait now to see if anything becomes available on the cruise. Our TA suggested that there may something by the end of the week - they obviously know something we don't. My husband is very keen on spending some time in the Charlevoix region, so yes, even though the ship will go through, he wants more time than just on the ship's itinerary.

I wondered if you'd seen these pics, and if the 'Barry' in them, is the 'Barry' of whom you are all speaking? You have to click on them to view them properly.

http://www.captain-ga.com/thumbnails.php?album=135

Yes that Barry the Ex-Cruise Director was onboard for the day and had lunch with Annabel in the Colonnade as well.;)

Dining Option Tonight;

The Restaurant

First Course

Cured Artic Char with Cucumber,

Fingerling & Red onion Salad, country mustard vinaigrette

Slow Roasted Beets with Buffalo Mozzarella, port wine dressing

Escargots a la Bourguignon,

snails in a burgundy reduction baked in herb butter

Vegatbles Soup,

fresh herb pesto, tiny pasta

Tomato Cream Soup

polenta croutons, three pepper cream

Mache & Endives, Seasonal Herbs

citrus vinaigrette

Tossed Celery Root & Apples

simple guacamole, lemon cilantro dressing

Main Course

Poached Cod,

in saffron and fennel broth, thyme roasted tomatoes, basil oil

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Tamarind Glaze,

warm vegetable julienne and glass noodle salad

Duck a L'Orange,

almond croquettes, braised red cabbage, brussels sprouts, orange glaze

Grilled Hanger Steak & Guiness Braised Beef

grain mustard mashed potatoes, jus natural

Vegetarian- Truffled Vegetables "En Croute" herbed phyllo crisp

Restaurant 2;

Chef's Cocktail: Seared Tuna Mojito, Shaved Watermelon, Minted Lime Dash, Pop Corn

Cured Salmon, Crunchy Root Vegetables, Olive Tapenade Drizzles

Lobster & Chorizo Croquetta, Eggplant & Olive Relish

Marinated Red Beets, Creamy Goat Cheese, Shallot Vinaigrette, Pine Nuts

Lime Kissed Duck Presse, Soba Pasta, ****ake Mushrooms & Bok Choy, Grilled Chili Balls

Clam Cappuccino, Cilantro Foam, Corriander & Mascarpone Crisp

Spiced Halibut, Crisp Foie Gras, Roasted Pineapple Chutney

Tamarind Glazed Hanger Steak, corn Cake, Poached Tomatoes

White Chocolate Mascarpone Cheese Cake, Cherry Jelly & Sorbet

The Colonnade- ITALIAN

APPETIZERS

Seared Beef Carpaccio

pesto, arugula, marinated tomatoes, parmesan shavings

Baked Ricotta and Spinach Lasagna

Minestrone

prosciutto, tiny pasta, tapenade crostini

Main Course

Seared swordfish Steak Sicilian Style

chili, capers & olives, basil & tomato gnocchi

Slow Roasted Veal Osso Bucco

spinach risotto, red wine sauce

DESSERTS

Classic Tiramisu

PATIO GRILL-CLOSED:mad::mad::mad:

Harvey

You are correct! Sorry for the error ~ Thank you! It was indeed Capt. Erik Lund Anderssen ~:D

Have a great day

Miss M

again, incorrect information. The Captain on the Spirit during the pirate attack was Captain Peddersen. We were there, and have many pictures.

Archived