Jewelry Adjustment Onboard?

Leo Jay

Sailing on Summit tomorrow, and just today received a gift of a watch that's too big. Of course it's too late to go to a jeweler before I leave. I'm sure the onboard shop that sells watches must have a tool available to remove extra links for watches purchased onboard - just curious if there's any chance they'd be willing to adjust my own watch for a small fee?

Sailing on Summit tomorrow, and just today received a gift of a watch that's too big. Of course it's too late to go to a jeweler before I leave. I'm sure the onboard shop that sells watches must have a tool available to remove extra links for watches purchased onboard - just curious if there's any chance they'd be willing to adjust my own watch for a small fee?

You can ask, but I would doubt they would have someone who could do this.

Thanks; may as well give it a shot. If they have the tool, can't imagine why they wouldn't do it for a modest fee; I'll try as soon as they're open. Thanks, all!

If they charge anything for this I would be surprised. Have bought many watches on board ship and they made adjustments rather quickly. Bon Voyage!!!

This brings up a problem I recently had on the Silhouette. I wanted to buy a Fossil watch but needed an extra link. I asked the clerk if he could fix it and he said they didn't do size adjustments and to buy a Citizen watch they were on sale. First of all I didn't want a citizen and there were no guarantees I wouldn't need an adjustment on those watches. Second of all what kind of watch store doesn't adjust the sizes?

I was left pretty confused about the whole thing and upset because I really wanted that watch. This is the first time we have had any problems with the shop staff on a ship they are usually so accomodating.

Archived