Vegetarian food

usaspire

Hi all. I am travelling in a group of 4 and couple of us are vegetarians. Does the Cruise ship vegetarian friendly?? I know I should be thrilled about all the seafood which I will be surrounded by..

What about in Juneau and skagway?? Any vegetarian friendly places?

As far as cruise line food, it is best to research this on the board for the cruise line you are sailing. Each cruise line does things a little different. I don't think you will have any problem eating vegetarian, but there will be some variances to learn about depending on which cruise line.

Hi all. I am travelling in a group of 4 and couple of us are vegetarians. Does the Cruise ship vegetarian friendly?? I know I should be thrilled about all the seafood which I will be surrounded by..

HAL recently published a 100% vegetarian menu! (I'm excited - my Alaska cruise starts in -30 days.)

On Carnival, they had vegetarian choices.

You'll definitely have veg options on Royal Caribbean. They usually offer a vegetarian Indian dish and maybe a vegetarian pasta each night. As for on shore, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of vegetarian options available...usually more than one option at each restaurant we tried.

I've been checking out the menues on RCL and different restaurants in Alaska. It seems like it's pretty easy to be a vegetarian both on the ship and off. You can search these boards for people who posted menues from the cruise ship, and check restaurant menues online. On RCCL from what I've seen there are lots of vegetarian options, not only Indian (I don't really like Indian food, so I was worried that's all they had). For lunch there's a salad bar in the MDR that people rave about, and it seems like you can pretty much always order pasta.

In a pinch (or just to be different) I ordered a baked potato & steamed veggies.

All of the cruiselines that I have been on have made food that is far richer than I am accustomed to so I wanted something "clean."

my husband is a lacto-ovo veggie. after about 10 cruises, this is what we do. as soon as you can when you get on the ship, go to find the dining room head matre-d.. we look at the vegetarian menu, there is always one. my husband usually likes to have a standing order of tofu and veggies, (thai style) and then orders other things from the daily veggie menu. if you tell them one day in advance they will make you anything you request. just tell them what you want, and they will make it. if you like BBQ veggie burgers , make sure they know so they will have them. some times they "forget" they have them. if there is a problem, always go to the matte- d. they will fix it.

Archived