I did what????

Just back from the Pride. I did the following Cruise Critic unthinkables....

1. I wore shorts to the MDR on Cruise Casual nights.

2. I put my towel on a chair while I ate lunch. I was gone around 30 minutes. Could have been 28 minutes, could have been 32. Not sure.

3. I wore my lounging pants up to Lido to get late night ice cream.

The horrors......

:p :D :p

Celebrity is brutal in their code, men get strangled.......er I mean wear ties almost nightly

My last two cruises were on Celebrity. I wore a tie on the two formal nights. Did not wear ties on any other night. Did not see other people wearing ties either.

2. I put my towel on a chair while I ate lunch. I was gone around 30 minutes. Could have been 28 minutes, could have been 32. Not sure.

The horrors......

:D :D :D Love it!

If you want to push the envelope wear robes to dinner.icon7.gif

We were on Destiny a couple years ago and after dinner on the Lido they we having a bathrobe party and I just about fainted when two men came into the MDR with matching silky bathrobes...did I mention that they were our tablemates:eek:

The horrors......

I wear my pajama bottoms up to Lido for breakfast and late at night... is that wrong?

The name of that site...web undies dot com .....somehow just doesnt seem right :)..I burst out laughin at that one

At least I wasn't the only one who thought about that ;)

On our last Med cruise on the Dream, the ship was new and I think they were working out a lot of kinks so service was really slow in the MDR. We had late dining and sometimes got out of the MDR so late that I wished I had worn my pajamas so I could just head straight to bed after dinner. LOL.

My last two cruises were on Celebrity. I wore a tie on the two formal nights. Did not wear ties on any other night. Did not see other people wearing ties either.

Then they must have changed in the last year or two. The cruises we were on expected men to have jackets or at least shirt and tie at least 6 out of 11 nights. There were 3 formal 3 informal (which is still suggested to wear a jacket, and 5 Smart Casual)

I cannot tell you about your experience, only my own, it was a "dressy" cruiseline!! Even high tea in the middle of the afternoon was a dressy affair, I mean really who dresses up in the middle of the afternoon on a cruise??? Not I!!

It was fun on the longer cruises, we had a lot of sea days and it was still a novelty, but now I really just want to relax, which is not to say I will dress like a slob, but I don't want to dress to the nines more than twice on the cruise either.

To each their own, in fact other than the dressing up for meals, it was really a very nice cruiseline. I probably prefer it over all the others, especially the Concierge Class, because I love the hot breakfast with proper table on the balcony in the mornings, now THAT is spoiled!!!

Cheers, Carole

1. But still might have ruined someone's vacation.

3. Big uproar a while back about people not dressing appropriately when out in public. Lounging pants where on the "banned" list.

LOL

Loved the Pride, Anytime Dining left something to be desired. I do have pics, but I have to get everything organized.

I'd love to hear more about your ATD experience. Details please! :)

The horrors......

THATS IT! I AM CANCELING MY CRUISE!!

LOL! you are to funny!

So what? I am underwhelmed by this list. Maybe if you wore only undershorts in the MDR, put the towel on the chair before breakfast and didn't come back until after lunch, and wore your lounging pants...can't think of anywhere I would give a darn about what anyone was wearing so skip number 3.

People wear them all over the place, and they are catagorized as loungers.

I'd still rather see a man in loungers than with his droopy things bulging over in too tight shorts or swim trunks

JMO

His droopy things, that's funny

I can see it all now...a new website dedicated to photos of "The People of Carnival Cruise Lines."

Good idea, we could put the Wally World folks to shame. DH has a pair of M&M boxers, I think I'll pack those for our next cruise, they'd go well w/ his midnight ice cream.

Archived