Barcelona Dinner Recommendations?

P-1

Hi everyone, first time poster so I hope I did this correctly. We will be in Barcelona this June on the Regatta and we're looking for a great restaurant with good atmosphere and food to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Hoping someone is willing to share their favorite place. Staying near Las Ramblas. Trying to avoid tourist dinner hot spots. Also, has anyone been to a flamenco dance performance they would recommend ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic

You might be better off posting this on the ports board -- you will get recommendations from a wider group of cruisers. Your question is not really Oceania-specific.

We are dining later this month at an old haunt of Pablo Picasso - the website is 4gats.com. There are many choices for good eating in Barcelona.

4gats is one of our favorite places but it has more of a bar like atmosphere and not what you would want for a romantic anniversary dinner.

AROLA in the Arts Hotel is one of the if not the most highly rated restaurants in Barcelona and the hotel is worth a visit as well. Moments on Passig de Gracia is one of the top 5 as well. Remember most restaurants are closed Sunday and Monday. Happy Anniversary!:)

We love Quatro Gats (Four Cats) and inside is just fine for an anniversary dinner. Ask your hotel to call and make a reservation. It is very nice!

And not exorbitant. Happy Anniversary!

Enjoy,

Sherry

We went to the Opera y Flamenco show at the Palau de la Música Catalana when we were in Barcelona. Not only did we get a chance to sit in the beautiful historic music hall, we saw a terrific dance/Spanish opera show. My husband was reluctant to to to an "opera" but he ended up loving it as much as I did. You can buy tickets online or at many ticket booths in Barcelona.

Hi everyone, first time poster so I hope I did this correctly. We will be in Barcelona this June on the Regatta and we're looking for a great restaurant with good atmosphere and food to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Hoping someone is willing to share their favorite place. Staying near Las Ramblas. Trying to avoid tourist dinner hot spots. Also, has anyone been to a flamenco dance performance they would recommend ?

We highly suggest HOFMAN. Not only an amazing restaurant, but also a premier culinary school. Not inexpensive, but worth every bite Euro. Enjoy!

And I will offer our favorite restaurant in Barcelona: PLA, located in the Gothic Quarter on Bellafila, 5. Great place for a dinner to celebrate a special occasion.

Our favorite restaurant in Barcelona (and perhaps in Spain) is Neichel:

www.neichel.es.com

It is a superb location for a milestone celebration, and although it is a cab ride from Las Ramblas, the food is beyond compare, and if you email them your Anniversary details, they will give you an evening that you will talk about for the rest of your life.

Congratulations and good luck!:D

Thanks again to everyone - very kind of you to help. Jim & Stan that sounds exactly what we are looking for. Hopefully they won't be closed since we are there on a Monday&Tuesday night. Will check out the link you sent tonight. If not, sounds like many other great choices that CC vets endorse. Safe travels.

We are in Barcelona now and just had dinner tonight at Botafumeiro. Excellent food/good service. Highly recommended for a special occasion.

The address: Gran de Gracia, 81.

Phone: 93 218 42 30

How many days do you have in beautiful Barcelona? Because,there are so many wonderful places to eat.My favorite restaurant in Barcelona is Los Caracoles. It is the oldest restaurant in Barcelona wth beautiful decor and fantastic food!

Barrio Gothic area

http://www.loscaracoles.es

Escudellers 14, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

93-302-3185 phone

reservations a must

Claudia - we only have two nights then sadly must return to reality to start planning the next adventure. On our last night, our dates (for the 30 years) really want to see a Flamenco show complete with tapas so we really only have one night, a Monday. Lots of folks have given us suggestions for our romantic spanish dinner... maybe we'll get lucky and Delta will cancel our flight back so we can stay longer! Thanks for the helpful advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for all of the Barcelona Restaurant suggestions.

Now we will be arriving there on Monday, June 25 and I know that many places will be closed. Are any good restaurants open on Monday night for dinner? We were even thinking of having Tapas and then going to the Flamenco show? Any thoughts???

Thanks again...:)

So many places so little time. ;-)

If you are going to take in the Flamenco show on Los Ramblas there are a few great Tapas restaurants right near it, on same side of street..so once you locate that it is easy..sorry don't recall the names..but they are usually busy places...so just walk in and enjoy!

Have a wonderful time.

Just got off the Riviera and spent some extra time in Barcelona. I would highly suggest Montiel. Their tasting menu was a 2 1/2 hour experience. Great variety and creativity. 55 pounds and 25 more for the wine pairing.

Montiel Restaurante

C/ Flassaders 19, 08003 Barcelona, Spain

Archived