Real Glasses vs. Plastic Glasses?

Josie2

Such things to worry about! We will be in Cabin 1661 and have the premium beverage package. We enjoy a glass of wine ... or several ... in our room getting ready for dinner. Looks like the Pool Bar will be our closest - do they have real glasses (wine and or fancy drinks?) or only plastic? We can always transfer to a real glass in our room but just wondering? I also find that often their wine tends to be too warm (we like red, at "red" temperature, but not warm!) so I may have to find an inside bar in any event.

Such things to worry about! We will be in Cabin 1661 and have the premium beverage package. We enjoy a glass of wine ... or several ... in our room getting ready for dinner. Looks like the Pool Bar will be our closest - do they have real glasses (wine and or fancy drinks?) or only plastic? We can always transfer to a real glass in our room but just wondering? I also find that often their wine tends to be too warm (we like red, at "red" temperature, but not warm!) so I may have to find an inside bar in any event.

Anything served near the pools will be in plastic.

The Mast Bar was closest to our cabin on Equinox and all my glasses of wine were served in glass. Yes, the reds were too warm... :(

And that's why wine coolers have red wine settings...something they should install in the bars.

Reminds me of an RAF buddy who introduced me to English bitters and stouts. He bemoaned the American beers that were served at 1deg Kelvin (a joke for all those science types!). We went to a local bar with all the international beers, and ordered a good English stout. I told the waitress we didn't want it cold, but 'room temp'. We get the odd look, but she gets them out of the storagelocker, brings them to us and proudly pours them into two iced mugs.....resulting in nothing but 'head'. I apologized for our 'colonial' ignorances!

And a reminder that English 'room temp' is about 59deg F/15deg C, at least thats what I'm told.

Den

Archived