Funship Souvenier glasses being replaced....

IAMCRZIN

I don't see it really as a cut back. I see it as a way to bring in more revenue. With all the "sneaking" liquor on board (I'm guilty :D) maybe Carnival just came up with a way to increase sales ..even from the sneakers...by offering cute and fun glasses. I love the idea myself ..and I do plan on getting a few.

Didn't somebody mention that they are refillable at a lower price? Maybe I read that wrong...but if so..that will be nice too.

Then Tervis is my favorite..I don't know about the rest of the country ..but they are huge here in FL. They keep your beverages either hot or cold...whichever it should be..and you can use them anywhere..not just for fun...I use one everyday..but soon will have something new to look at that will remind me to book another cruise...or just a quick escape when I need it. :D

I don't see it really as a cut back. I see it as a way to bring in more revenue. With all the "sneaking" liquor on board (I'm guilty :D) maybe Carnival just came up with a way to increase sales ..even from the sneakers...by offering cute and fun glasses. I love the idea myself ..and I do plan on getting a few.

Didn't somebody mention that they are refillable at a lower price? Maybe I read that wrong...but if so..that will be nice too.

Then Tervis is my favorite..I don't know about the rest of the country ..but they are huge here in FL. They keep your beverages either hot or cold...whichever it should be..and you can use them anywhere..not just for fun...I use one everyday..but soon will have something new to look at that will remind me to book another cruise...or just a quick escape when I need it. :D

True it is a revenue booster. In a rather blah economy all corporations look to whatever path is necessary to keep to the bottom line and make shareholders happy. One certainly does not want to alienate the shareholders and cause them to jump ship.:eek:

My point was, don't piddle on my leg and tell me it's high tide ( notice the beachy reference lol.):p

Carnival is not in the business of giving the customers more at the risk of the bottom line. Nor should they be, the cheerleaders could be a little less rah rah and a little more ohhhhh makes sense.

I will definitely get a few of these if they are still available on the Magic this Fall. I got the blowfish, disco ball and fin cups back in January. It's part of the fun and awesome sitting on my desk at work to remind me of the past fun onboard and our future cruise:rolleyes:

Me too. I really like that one. A glass like you will definitely use from day to day when you return home

Tervis are I think lifetime warranty. We ahve had some over 15 years and dishwasher safe. Great insualted cups. Would save from bringing an insulated cup.

I am definitely interested in knowing more about the Tervis tumblers. When someone finds out exactly how much these cost with or without a drink, and if there is a price break on refills, please let us know. It may be that they sell them in the gift shops and the bar. Just would like to know for sure - this is the one that really interests me. I don't remember seeing them on the Magic in December, but that doesn't mean they didn't have them. There was lots of new stuff to observe on our first trip on the Magic!

Thanks!

Sherryl

Archived