Funship Souvenier glasses being replaced....

IAMCRZIN

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I hope I can get the Whale Tail and the Blow Fish in September on the Miracle - so cute!

Both of those were on the Miracle last July.

Why do people care about souveneir cups so much? You have to pay extra for them and then fit them in your luggage to carry home. Don't you already have plenty of cups at home? My husband buys them, and there's no more room in our kitchen cupboard, so they are sitting on his dresser in the bedroom and never used again for drinking. It's just a waste of money and space to me.

So because you do not like them does that really mean no one else can? That is a good one. Sorry but due to the diverstiy of human mankind there will be some who just want to do it a little different from you. Of course you are entitled to your thoughts and actions that affect yu and your family but others are also entitled to do what they like or prefer. Sorry but that is life.

Enjoy yours and have some fun cruises.

You married your husband for good or bad:p

I put them in my bar and when Im missing a cruise I make a drink in one of them

We do this, too! If they still have the old style "Best Day Ever" cups on our next cruise, we will probably take home a few more to round out our collection while we still can.

I have heard that some are already available on some ships but i don't know which ones or which ships. I love them all!! Can't wait to get mine! I only have the hurricane glasses so far and i use those out by the pool in the summer time!! Love them!!

The funnels, monkeyheads, disco balls and puffer fish are supposed to be available on all ships and are around $12.95 with a drink, not sure how much without one...the tiki and the yard glass and the Red Frog cup or the waterslide cup I am not sure about, I thought they were only on the 2.0 ships but I could be wrong. Actually, if you look a the pic of the Tervis one it has a stick on the front, maybe this is one that they sell in the gift shop?

They are definately going to cost more than the other souvenir cups, but this was my theory all along...it is not a cutback but a way to make more money with a cup that is more novelty and people will want to buy them if they like the cups. They took away the cheap plastic hurricane cups for an extra dollar and are replacing them with these which ups the drink prices about $4 more than the other cups, but they do hold more.

Maybe the 2.0 ships is where they are starting to see how well they sell and they will go from there...although the Dream has taken away the hurricane glasses already but not sure if they got some of these other options or not.

I love the cups. I collect a shot glass from every new island I go to. I think its fun to collect them, for now. I bet my nephew would love to have some super fun cups to drink out of when he comes see his auntie. Plus, I would not hesitate to break them out for a small "fun" get together.

I love the cups. I collect a shot glass from every new island I go to. I think its fun to collect them, for now. I bet my nephew would love to have some super fun cups to drink out of when he comes see his auntie. Plus, I would not hesitate to break them out for a small "fun" get together.

i wonder if they are still going to use one shot of alcohol to fill those big glasses!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
has it been established if these are ceramic or plastic?

i'd hate for someone to leave their formal clothes home just to replace them with heavy ceramic mugs.

Can't possibly see them being ceramic, probably plastic like the rest. Not only would it not be cost effective, it is dangerous around the pool areas, or when the ship hits rough seas.

Can't possibly see them being ceramic, probably plastic like the rest. Not only would it not be cost effective, it is dangerous around the pool areas, or when the ship hits rough seas.

agreed, but i think back to all the glass ones i got, and even made it home.

but plastic doesn't usually shine like that, as the are doing in the pictures.

I have the Carnival funnel cup and I use it at home as a bank to save up for my next cruise

Me too! Sadly, I have to significantly subsidize the thing!

Kevin C

I bought a Disco Ball cup on the Dream in December ... just the cup (no drink with it) and it cost me $6.75 I believe. I know the ships have had the Disco Ball, Monkeyhead, Blow Fish, and tail fin for awhile.

It's nice to hear that the green squiggly one comes in other colors. I hope that there are a few other colors (and variations of the Tiki cup ... that is my favorite I think, although I really like the tervis Red Frog one).

As for the chick that complained about people collecting collectors cups (go figure - people collect something meant to be collected) - it's one thing to collect one or two of each cup, but to fill your cabinets full of them (sure, that could be a problem - but, that isn't my problem - I would never allow my husband to get that many cups)!!

We also have a shot glass (and it is glass) that says Carnival ... it is a fancy one - it's like a stemmed shot glass (there is one with a blue bottom and one with just the clear glass bottom).

has it been established if these are ceramic or plastic?

i'd hate for someone to leave their formal clothes home just to replace them with heavy ceramic mugs.

They certainly look ceramic and not plastic...

I found this in a post back in January...

"never saw any of the old DOD glasses on board at all. There were several different ceramic souvenir glasses that were a lot extra, closer to $20 for the drink... Tiki heads, parrots, bamboo etc"

We also have a shot glass (and it is glass) that says Carnival ... it is a fancy one - it's like a stemmed shot glass (there is one with a blue bottom and one with just the clear glass bottom).

We have a few of them in different colors. They sell them in the dining room with after dinner shots...LOVED the nuts and berries!

They certainly look ceramic and not plastic...

I found this in a post back in January...

"never saw any of the old DOD glasses on board at all. There were several different ceramic souvenir glasses that were a lot extra, closer to $20 for the drink... Tiki heads, parrots, bamboo etc"

something tells me the current carnival cruiser will not part with $20 for a tiki mug.

We have a few of them in different colors. They sell them in the dining room with after dinner shots...LOVED the nuts and berries!

that's where we got our shot glasses (in the the dining room with an after dinner shot).

I know that the one glass looks like it's a frosted glass (not a plastic one), the rest (including the Tiki guys) look plastic to me.

something tells me the current carnival cruiser will not part with $20 for a tiki mug.

There will be some, but probably not too many, depends on how much you love it. I will certainly buy one, but have to wait until DH isn't around because he would be one of those that wouldn't...:D

that's where we got our shot glasses (in the the dining room with an after dinner shot).

I know that the one glass looks like it's a frosted glass (not a plastic one), the rest (including the Tiki guys) look plastic to me.

I wonder if that is the 101 oz beer that people were talking about...I wonder if I could get that in a 101 oz Chocolate Martini?:eek::D

I also heard that the green one with the lid is like $10 but you get $7.95 refills of frozen drinks for the rest of the cruise with it...incentives like this is what will get people to buy them...

Archived