Funship Souvenier glasses being replaced....

IAMCRZIN

I was on the Liberty the week of April 21.

I got one of the new glasses, but not one pictured here. It was a parrot head.

All together (I added extra liquor and it was tall), it was about $20.00.

And it is ceramic! Unexpected, but very nice.

And it made it home (flew)!

Andy

I was on the Liberty the week of April 21.

I got one of the new glasses, but not one pictured here. It was a parrot head.

All together (I added extra liquor and it was tall), it was about $20.00.

And it is ceramic! Unexpected, but very nice.

And it made it home (flew)!

Andy

Thanks Andy, that is the info we were looking for! Did you get a regular drink or a frozen drink out of curiosity?

Why do people care about souveneir cups so much? You have to pay extra for them and then fit them in your luggage to carry home. Don't you already have plenty of cups at home? My husband buys them, and there's no more room in our kitchen cupboard, so they are sitting on his dresser in the bedroom and never used again for drinking. It's just a waste of money and space to me.

I have to admit, I agree with this. But only for MY family.

We've purchased souvenier cups before and it's about time to put them in a garage sale (or toss them.) There's something enticing about them while onboard, but we end up just using regular glasses or drink drinks right from the can when at home.

My siblings and I just had an estate sale for our now deceased parents. They seldom, if EVER threw anything away, and lived in this home for over 48 years. (Can't even describe how difficult it was to find someone willing to do it. Thank God we did!) I think twice now whenever I buy anything. Don't want to burden our daughter.

However, I think it's great that some of you DO use them!:) Love the idea for using them as banks, and even better that you use them for parties and for drinks by the pool.:)

On the Liberty we got a really awesome bamboo drink bottle(not pictured) drink for around 20 bucks, but only because the husband HAD TO HAVE the bamboo bottle. (kinda looks like a water bottle)

The twister drink bottle was like 12ish bucks the first time around, but don't quote me on that. It's 16 oz... I got a mango rum drink in it at the red frog. I could have taken that one back the entire cruise and had it refilled at the 12 oz price supposedly per the bartender. I never tested this because stupid me got it the last night of the cruise. I was under the impression that the twister bottle was sort of the "replacement" to the plastic hurricane glass....

I think the tikis are ADORABLE, and yes they are ceramic.... I want one this next cruise if the Valor has them.

ETA: To get the Red Frog beer glass it's a 4 dollar charge added onto the beer. Of course we got one of those too! :)

I love them :)

So many people so worried about the DOD "hurricane" cups....now we see tht Carnival was planning some new fun stuff for us

I love the "Tiki" cups and the Disco Ball and Blowfish

I am hoping to buy Disco Ball and Blowfish on my upcoming Spirit cruise

(it's almost here !!!)

I will buy all the others...except for the beer one, I don't like beer

The Tervis looks awesome :)

I will buy one of each when I am on 2.0 Glory in November

Thanks for the updates

Thanks Andy, that is the info we were looking for! Did you get a regular drink or a frozen drink out of curiosity?

Frozen - Caribbean Colada with a Dark Rum floater shot as extra.

Yum.

They did have the parrot in two different colors. Green and orange..ish I did notice.

Andy

Why do people care about souveneir cups so much? You have to pay extra for them and then fit them in your luggage to carry home. Don't you already have plenty of cups at home? My husband buys them, and there's no more room in our kitchen cupboard, so they are sitting on his dresser in the bedroom and never used again for drinking. It's just a waste of money and space to me.

I have a few of those. im not a drinker but occasionally Ill have one. Be surprized that people leave them laying around the decks. I gotten a few that way. Yea I know.. Accuse me of stealing.. I use them on my Pontoon boat during boating season. If you think you have allot laying around, Look at my collection from the gift store.. Been buying these glasses 1 of each type of every ship ive been on. The one pic with the blue serving cups, those are the Ice cream cups from the Miracle off the Lido deck.:D Dont worry, i only took 6. After all, they get broken and lost around ship. they wont miss 6.

IMG_20111006_070422.jpg.ccd32f0a50aa296d8bf66353d00ec849.jpg

IMG_20120508_161203.jpg.d4c242cd3059071044bd4f84aa6cd49b.jpg

IMG_20120508_161221.jpg.d3cbeb3043c0ca917aa60e82710ed134.jpg

I WANT that Tervis Red Frog glass! Love it

That's my favorite...hubby loves it too..I will be getting a few...mayber 4 or 5 in September..as long as they are all onboard that is. :D

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I love your picture. My boxer looks just like that. Where did you find it????

Thank you! Glad to see there are other Boxer lovers out there!I'm guessing you're talking about the animated Boxer??? If so, go here http://www.glitter-graphics.com/, got to animated, and then go to animals. I searched for Boxer.

You sound like my Mother, and that is not a compliment. Get off the guy's back and let him enjoy what he wants. I am sure he puts up with many, many, many or your "unique" features.

I bought a Disco Ball cup on the Dream in December ... just the cup (no drink with it) and it cost me $6.75 I believe. I know the ships have had the Disco Ball, Monkeyhead, Blow Fish, and tail fin for awhile.

It's nice to hear that the green squiggly one comes in other colors. I hope that there are a few other colors (and variations of the Tiki cup ... that is my favorite I think, although I really like the tervis Red Frog one).

As for the chick that complained about people collecting collectors cups (go figure - people collect something meant to be collected) - it's one thing to collect one or two of each cup, but to fill your cabinets full of them (sure, that could be a problem - but, that isn't my problem - I would never allow my husband to get that many cups)!!

You wouldn't allow him? Reason 873 to not get married!

I wish I could get excited about plastic cups.:confused:

Now, if they announced Chris Rock was going to perform in the comedy club, then the excitement level would climb a bit!

No thank you!

You sound like my Mother, and that is not a compliment. Get off the guy's back and let him enjoy what he wants. I am sure he puts up with many, many, many or your "unique" features.

You wouldn't allow him? Reason 873 to not get married!

No thank you!

wow ... you just don't have anything positive to say about anything do you? At least I had positive things to share :mad::eek:

You mean all those posts from H8ers blabbing about how the hurricane glasses are going away and this is just another example of Carnival cutting back and how the worlds going to end and, and,blah,blah, blah

was just that.... them showing their butts. :eek:

anyone know how much the Tervis are? Those are the glasses to have, keeps drinks cold and with a cover, if you can get one of those filled for $20 that would be well worth it.

Since they retail at 10-12 in the real world, I would say 20 on board, but that's just a guess.

You mean all those posts from H8ers blabbing about how the hurricane glasses are going away and this is just another example of Carnival cutting back and how the worlds going to end and, and,blah,blah, blah

was just that.... them showing their butts. :eek:

Well... actually the real Carnival lovers were stating that the passing of the hurricane glasses was another sad loss of a Carnival tradition.

Also, the price of a DOD in a traditional Carnival hurricane glass was about 1/2 the price of a new and improved Tiki glass.

So lets do some math.:D

six DOD's in hurricane glasses $60.00

six DOD's in cute Tiki glasses $120.00

Bottom line Carnival made twice the money.:eek:

I am sure the tiki glasses wholesale for more than the hurricane glasses but certainly not double.

So what was it

ding-ding-ding ...a cutback.:p

Archived