Book 4 and drop 1 or book 3 add 1?

mustcruise1217

We are currently a family of 3 but hoping to change that soon. We are booked on RCL for the fall of 2012 and I just booked us on DCL Fantasy for fall of 2013. It didn't even occur to me at the time that I might need to change it to four people instead of 3. Should I have it changed now or wait until I am definitely pregnant? I just don't want to wait and not be able to add the baby if we blessed with another

Just be aware that there are rules for cruising while pregnant. They will not let you cruise past a certain amount of weeks in your pregnancy. If you are not pregnant yet and there's no way to know when you will get pregnant, it's hard to answer the question.

If you think you are going to get pregnant and actually have the baby prior to cruising, you would need to book for all 4 and drop the 3rd if you don't actually get pregnant. (At least this is what my TA has advised on a different occasion for me).

The thing with cruise lines, even though you may have "room" in your cabin for 4 people, there may not be room on the ship. They have a maximum occupancy for each ship and you could get cut off for that 4th person if you need it and they are full. :)

You can't have entered your 24 th week of pregnancy at any time during your cruise. You will need a doctor's letter confirming your due date.

The baby must be at least 6 months old to cruise.

If you fulfill all that, book four because as another cruiser found out, they were not allowed to add their baby because the ship was full.

Thanks for the replies.

We are already under the cut off for our next cruise since it is aready under 6 months. We would be on DCL in 2013. We are hoping that it works out to get pregnant right before the next cruise but if not we can also push the 2013 one back. Just want to be prepared if it does happen.

Thanks again!

Archived