Poll: Tubs in js

If JSs were refitted with LARGE walk-in showers rather than tubs, would you book?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. If JSs were refitted with LARGE walk-in showers rather than tubs, would you book?

• Yes, I would stop selecting JSs if no tub.
    • No, I'd love to have a BIG walk-in shower instead.
    • Put a tub just in JSs that sleep more than 2.
    • Put a tub in just a few JSs.

I love the JS' date=' hate the tub. One cruise I hit my foot on the way in to take a shower and seriously bruised my foot.[/quote']

I was holding on to the towel rod because the floor was very slick, the tub very high (GS on Serenade), and I'm short. I still slipped, caught my big toe's toenail on the bottom of the door, and ripped it off. That was not fun.:(

One of the options was to include them - just not in EVERY JS.

I'm sure you book well in advance - you could pick a tub JS if they changed to just "some" with tubs.

IMHO - tubs should be the exception - not the rule.

And they would determine just "how".. which would have tubs and which wouldn't :confused:..Decreasing the options of JS's evenmore, just like having connecting doors does..And you are correct..one of the reasons I book as far in advance as possible..Maybe the solution might be more accessible stateroom balcony cabins that do have larger walkin showers. JMHO :)

One of the poll options was tub in JS that accomodated 2 or more - looks like your option.

Hmmm...Then after booking my JS with tub a year in advance..someone at a later date that has 3 people is going to come along and RCI is going to boot me out of my JS cabin because it happens to have a sofabed :rolleyes:

One of the poll options was tub in JS that accomodated 2 or more - looks like your option.

At the risk of being teased about joining the *mile high tub" club that was referenced earlier ~

But if there "was a tub in JS that accommodated 2 or more" a lot of people would be late to dinner :D

I won't lie .. not even a teeny tiny bit if the JS had a tub that accommodated 2 people that would be THE selling point for me :p

At the risk of being teased about joining the *mile high tub" club that was referenced earlier ~

But if there "was a tub in JS that accommodated 2 or more" a lot of people would be late to dinner :D

I won't lie .. not even a teeny tiny bit if the JS had a tub that accommodated 2 people that would be THE selling point for me :p

That would then be a "Hot Tub" :D

Poll is under the assumption people book a JS because of the bathroom and tub/shower size, and that is a deal breaker.

Should be a additional answer..."It does not matter, I like a JS either way."

We never used the tub in our junior suite for a bath, only for showers. It is a lot nicer than showering in the regular cabin showers where you feel so cramped. I'd LOVE to see huge walk in showers in Junior Suites OR maybe a whirlpool tub instead of just a regular shower/tub combo but either way we just love the extra space that the room offers.

One thing we loved about our mini suite on the Dawn Princess, besides the size of the room, was the large walk in shower and separate large tub. The shower was a glass enclosed square about 4'x4'. It was wonderful. I wish RCI JS were that nice.

I started this poll just being curious if there were others like me. I really like the extra room and minor amenities of the JS (and no, I don't need the double points anymore) but I'm getting to that point in life where I have a real physical challenge scaling that "mile high" tub safely.

I know that some folks are "tub" people - but my sense is that there are many more shower folks than tub folks out there that book JSs.

I asked the same question months ago!!!! I agree....get rid of the tub! Can't remember if I did it as a poll or just a question. Seems like more folks are agreeing with us on shower only this time around!

No!!! Save the tubs. Nice Relaxing bubble baths on vacation. Soaking my tired, sore feet after walking miles on a European cruise. I just had a (very, very nice) shower on my last cruise, but I somehow twisted my foot a little on the jogging track and knew that a nice soak would help it. I did go out to the hot tub, but somehow trying to cure my ills in a tub with a family whose 10 year old was swimming through it with flippers on just didn't bring about the desired results.

Archived