Pool floatie/water wing Question

scrap4girls

Yeah??? It does NOT say that a tube can be used as a life preserver...carnival says water wings

so when I cruise from home port, I can bring some fun stuff as MY life preservers right??

like this >>

512iDXeljaL._SX150_.jpg

Not only a Life Preserver but NO more worries about chogs

Motorized-Pool-Lounger-By-Excalibur-300x174.jpg

I like swams

NT268.jpg

Preserve 4 lives...and no more worries about finding a suitable table for a game of gin rummy

181101_B.jpg

good grief. do any of those look like life preservers? not sure what a swam is, but not one of these pictures even contain a child. and not one hopefully needs life preserving anything, although the girl in the second picture doesn't appear to need any floatation device.

these tubes are perfectly acceptable:

121367_B.jpg

nice try.

Yeah??? It does NOT say that a tube can be used as a life preserver...carnival says water wings

so when I cruise from home port, I can bring some fun stuff as MY life preservers right??

like this >>

512iDXeljaL._SX150_.jpg

Not only a Life Preserver but NO more worries about chogs

Motorized-Pool-Lounger-By-Excalibur-300x174.jpg

I like swams

NT268.jpg

Preserve 4 lives...and no more worries about finding a suitable table for a game of gin rummy

181101_B.jpg

Nothing of particular value to say, other than LMFAO.... :)

Actually, if you wanted to get technical, those tubes that they are referring to as life preservers that are OK are the ones that the coast guard certifies as a flotation device, not a cheap inflatable inner tube that is more or less a toy. A true life preserver is one that does not carry the tag that states it is a personal flotation device and is not to be used as a life saving device...or something like that...

OP, you will be safe to bring the water wings, if she can use those and likes those, than I would just bring them. I can't see that anyone would or should have an issue with a small tube but then again, I guess it would only take someone to complain...we had people complain about my daughter last year when she swam by and splashed them...I mean, being in the pool and all we wouldn't want you to get wet...

And I am in no way saying I have a problem with this, but in the FAQs it states:

"Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board."

You are not using a tube as a life preserver unless you are saving someone with it, using it to float around is not preserving life...

I am just stating this so OP doesn't bring a tube and not the water wings and then for some reason she is told she can't use them.

Actually, if you wanted to get technical, those tubes that they are referring to as life preservers that are OK are the ones that the coast guard certifies as a flotation device, not a cheap inflatable inner tube that is more or less a toy. A true life preserver is one that does not carry the tag that states it is a personal flotation device and is not to be used as a life saving device...or something like that...

which would mean water wings are not elligible either, right?

i've yet to see those orange thingies with the whistle in the pool. yet. all of district 12 has not sailed yet.

i've yet to see those orange thingies with the whistle in the pool. yet. all of district 12 has not sailed yet.

Well, if you think about the technical aspect of it then no, they aren't, but for some reason on their FAQ under Other Concerns within the Are there any restictions on what you can bring onboard, it says specifically that water wings are allowed...

So, if they want to specifically state that water wings are OK than that is what they are saying...like I said, I don't care...I guess I should have figured as much...

I think I have seem something somewhere about not removing the life jackers from the cabin unless it is an emergency...that would be why you have never seen them. Not to mention most kids hate wearing those types of life jackets as they choke you and are more akward than anything...a tube can be fun, a giant orange life jacket, not so much.

Well, if you think about the technical aspect of it then no, they aren't, but for some reason on their FAQ under Other Concerns within the Are there any restictions on what you can bring onboard, it says specifically that water wings are allowed...

So, if they want to specifically state that water wings are OK than that is what they are saying...like I said, I don't care...I guess I should have figured as much...

i see that merely as an example.

i see that merely as an example.

Regardless of how you see it, that is what they specifically stated in writing so no interpretation, example or not...it states no tubes except those used as a life preserver...and if someone went overboard we all know what life preserver they are referring to...no one is going to throw over a $5 childs inflatable ring...And you seem to see an aweful lot as you seem to have to pick apart everything that everyone says...must be wonderful to not have anything else to do ALL day and to ALWAYS be right and know EVERYTHING...

Funny, I have almost always agreed with things that you have said, but now I am starting to see your posts purely as a way to have the last word and to up your post count...but of course this is just an example of how I see it.

Regardless of how you see it, that is what they specifically stated in writing so no interpretation, example or not...it states no tubes except those used as a life preserver...and if someone went overboard we all know what life preserver they are referring to...no one is going to throw over a $5 childs inflatable ring...And you seem to see an aweful lot as you seem to have to pick apart everything that everyone says...must be wonderful to not have anything else to do ALL day and to ALWAYS be right and know EVERYTHING...

nope. i speak from personal experience. we have always brought the tubes when the kids were small. in fact, i still have one of them in my back yard.

never had a problem.

I didn't think children that young were even permitted in hot tubs for safety purposes?

They aren't permitted for the not being potty trained but the health issues are an entirely different issue. Hot tubs are supposed to be under 104 degrees, but I have seen them higher...the smaller the child the less tolerence for those high temperatures...parents don't realize that their kids can get overheated and get dizzy or pass out, or worse if their body temperature gets too high...

The potty training is the reason CCL doesn't let them in, but parents should have enough common sense to keep them out for the other aspects...

nope. i speak from personal experience. we have always brought the tubes when the kids were small. in fact, i still have one of them in my back yard.

never had a problem.

Do you even know why tubes are not permitted at most public swimming pools?

They aren't permitted for the not being potty trained but the health issues are an entirely different issue. Hot tubs are supposed to be under 104 degrees, but I have seen them higher...the smaller the child the less tolerence for those high temperatures...parents don't realize that their kids can get overheated and get dizzy or pass out, or worse if their body temperature gets too high...

The potty training is the reason CCL doesn't let them in, but parents should have enough common sense to keep them out for the other aspects...

Exactly! I mean, most hotels won't let you take small children in the hot tubs because of the heat. Should be common sense. :rolleyes:

No actually they specifically say that water wings are permissable

I think that they or the arm thingys would take up a lot less room than a TUBE

I am starting to see your posts purely as a way to have the last word and to up your post count...but of course this is just an example of how I see it.

let's address facts. my average post count according to cruise critic is 2.82. yours is 2.06. so i make less than 1 post more than you a day, statistically.

;)

If you are saying I was giving misinformation, you are wrong.

I was stating that I had no problem with the tubes. I was not speaking for Carnival.

I am not talking about a car/truck innertube, but the small colorful ones for little kids. Big difference.

You like it or not has zero to do with what is allowed...some people like a big fat cigar and would love to smoke it in the dining room but they won't let them

By not clearly stating that you do misinform people

and your other post?? well...the water wings are allowed per Carnival but tubes are NOT

No point in someone buying this stuff and dragging it on board if they won't let them use it

I've seen all kinds of things in pools. This was in an aft jacuzzi on Magic in March

That toy or whatever in the jacuzzi is pretty ridiculous...but hey I could take over the whole jacuzzi with this cool island "life preserver"....and it would preserve MY Life and maybe my sanity LOL

Why worry about people hoggin the Serenity deck?? I can fit this over a jacuzzi and have my own "space" along with a Palm Tree

Inflatable-pool-toys-4-300x201.jpg

Kids should have fun too...right/??

Is there a line at the slide?? well NOT for YOUR gang..you are on vacation....so this looks like an inflatable life preserver...and cuts down on waiting in line ..very thoughtful

$(KGrHqRHJCIE9EwuE0U3BPcL8bMJ4!~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

my goodness, what my post caused.... well thank you for all the info. Bring the water wings and the tube. whats the worse they say NO,,, then its No. I don't allow my kids to run crazy. With as many people Ive seen in the pool, I just feel its safer to have the wings just in case she gets:p a few feet away from me. Some people dont pay attention where they are going and seem to walk between you even when theres only a foot between you and your child. go figure....

No actually they specifically say that water wings are permissable

I think that they or the arm thingys would take up a lot less room than a TUBE

You do realize any child that has his arms not taped to his sides will take up more room than the kiddie tube, right?

You like it or not has zero to do with what is allowed...some people like a big fat cigar and would love to smoke it in the dining room but they won't let them

By not clearly stating that you do misinform people

and your other post?? well...the water wings are allowed per Carnival but tubes are NOT

No point in someone buying this stuff and dragging it on board if they won't let them use it

You are nitpicking the wording.

It says tubes OTHER THAN LIFE preserving are not allowed. The kiddie ones do that. If it didn't want ANY TUBES it would say NO TUBES but it doesn't. It says OTHER THAN LIFE PRESERVING and its giving water wings as an EXAMPLE.

If ONLY water wings were allowed, it would say that. It doesn't. It doesn't want you using lounging tubes.

It makes no logical sense to say "tubes other than life preserving" when they do not allow any tubes, period.

Archived