Pool floatie/water wing Question

scrap4girls

You are nitpicking the wording.

It says tubes OTHER THAN LIFE preserving are not allowed. The kiddie ones do that. If it didn't want ANY TUBES it would say NO TUBES but it doesn't. It says OTHER THAN LIFE PRESERVING and its giving water wings as an EXAMPLE.

If ONLY water wings were allowed, it would say that. It doesn't. It doesn't want you using lounging tubes.

It makes no logical sense to say "tubes other than life preserving" when they do not allow any tubes, period.

I, unlike many others here, will admit when I am wrong about something.

I do still say the wording is badly done, and leaves too much open for interpretation, but I got an official answer here:

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/226487.aspx

I didn't think children that young were even permitted in hot tubs for safety purposes?

Did you request permission to take that photo of someone's child and place here? I know I would be very angry if you took a photo my kids and posted it without my permission !!!

Did you request permission to take that photo of someone's child and place here? I know I would be very angry if you took a photo my kids and posted it without my permission !!!

The mother of that child obviously has no common sense and no sense of decency 0 endangering her baby in hot water

endangering other kids/people by putting a non potty trained baby in the hot tub /pools

Then the ridiculous toy she selifishly hogged the hot tub with....yuck

Why not worry about that?? I hope no one on the Magic got sick thanks to this ignorant selfish woman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Kayhold..thanks for your post

The link goes to Carnival Funville site and there a Carnival STAFF MEMBER

answers the queston

so while a Grandma's opinion was that tubes were OK

and while I was encouraged for a happy moment to bring a swan

or my own "island">> seems we no can do

Mary,, Carnival STAFF replied to the tube questoin>>>

The water wings are okay. But any other floating device cannot be used in the pools. However you can bring for use in ports.emotion-1.gif

Have a great nightemotion-1.gif.

I have a 3 yr old. Even though she is currently taking swim lessons. She of course cant swim. She loves the pool and we plan to spend lots of time there on the ship.

Does Carnival allow inter-tubes/floatie/water wings on the ship. Or have you seen life jackets used only.

Thank you :)

I do not know where tog et them but my friend had suits that had built in floatation devices when her kids were young. it was l=kinda like a life jacket

We are going on our first Carnival cruise next year, but have been on several other cruise lines, so this is the first time I have spent much time on the Carnival board on CC. And I must say, this group argues about the silliest things. No one, passengers or crew, is going to bat an eye at a small (potty-trained;)) kid using water wings or a small tube for flotation, regardless of what the line's poorly-worded rule says. And who the hell really cares anyway (other than the parent that wants their kid to be able to safely enjoy the pool). Time to move on.....

Guest LoveMyBoxer
We are going on our first Carnival cruise next year, but have been on several other cruise lines, so this is the first time I have spent much time on the Carnival board on CC. And I must say, this group argues about the silliest things. No one, passengers or crew, is going to bat an eye at a small (potty-trained;)) kid using water wings or a small tube for flotation, regardless of what the line's poorly-worded rule says. And who the hell really cares anyway (other than the parent that wants their kid to be able to safely enjoy the pool). Time to move on.....

Don't get scared away by the "USUAL" cast of characters who post on the CC board and have to have the last work because they are ALWAYS right. Even when the question is answered, they feel the "need" to keep on commenting!

To the OP, the water wings or a small life preserver are fine on any cruiseline pool. Have fun on your cruise!

Mary, staff at Carnival Funville answered the question clearly

Water wings OK

TUBES ARE NOT OK

(one reason I think....kids "wear" the water wings but the tubes float in pool, get thrown around, left by side of pool, maybe even hog a chair LOL)

It might help to actually post facts rather than your opinion

MY opinion is the swan or "island" would be fun but that doesn't count

Carnival says water wings only

i've yet to see those orange thingies with the whistle in the pool. yet. all of district 12 has not sailed yet.

You are going to laugh .. but I saw a family or at least several kids .. all at the same time, wearing those orange life preservers they have in the cabins.

Yep ... one cruise a bunch of kids all wore them.

There is no parent with even half a brain that would consider a child using water wings or a small tube for floatation to be able to safely use a pool.

The real problem with these "devices", is the false sense of security they give a child and unfortunately some parents. They are not life saving devices.

Half the kids on a cruise ship are barely supervised in the pool anyway heaven forbid we give them kiddie life preservers.

Oh, I know, I know, none of the CC posters ever let their children play unsupervised. This post is for those other parents

You want your kid safe in a pool get in the pool with the kid.

As I posted earlier I am being so honest I would have a problem with a pool full of 100 kids being held afloat by "tubes" kicking like maniacs.

You like it or not has zero to do with what is allowed...some people like a big fat cigar and would love to smoke it in the dining room but they won't let them

By not clearly stating that you do misinform people

and your other post?? well...the water wings are allowed per Carnival but tubes are NOT

No point in someone buying this stuff and dragging it on board if they won't let them use it[/Quote]

You get all up in arms about people breaking the rules about a tube yet you post in other threads about smuggling alcohol. Its funny how people pick and chose what rules they are willing to follow and then criticize others for breaking the rules.

In case you weren't aware, that is called being a hypocrite.

You get all up in arms about people breaking the rules about a tube yet you post in other threads about smuggling alcohol. Its funny how people pick and chose what rules they are willing to follow and then criticize others for breaking the rules.

In case you weren't aware, that is called being a hypocrite.

No it is not...I have mixed feelings on alcohol smuggling but it does not annoy others or harm their health that I can see

I get sick of these parents who want to put their diapered babies in the pools

I agree with Mamaskittles....the "rings" and such are not really safety measures...and I do know a guy who runs a charity that gives swim lessons to kids, I have helped him host events for his charity....drowning is the number one cause of death for little kids in Florida btw

so yes, these don't provide real help , it is a lazy measure on the part of the parents

It also inconveniences others....I was on one cruise where some kids had "super shooters" in the jazcuzzi and snorkel gear and other toys...very annoying

Which is why I found my "swan" picture, but apparently my swan and the "tubes" are not allowed per Carnival staff

Now if you can "smuggle" them into the pool and put invisable powers on the tube maybe it will be ok??

There is no parent with even half a brain that would consider a child using water wings or a small tube for floatation to be able to safely use a pool.

The real problem with these "devices", is the false sense of security they give a child and unfortunately some parents. They are not life saving devices.

Half the kids on a cruise ship are barely supervised in the pool anyway heaven forbid we give them kiddie life preservers.

Oh, I know, I know, none of the CC posters ever let their children play unsupervised. This post is for those other parents

You want your kid safe in a pool get in the pool with the kid.

As I posted earlier I am being so honest I would have a problem with a pool full of 100 kids being held afloat by "tubes" kicking like maniacs.

Very good points

I also think part of the problem is that kid would not be IN the tube all the time...tubes would float in the pools, be lying around the deck, perched on chairs *tubehogs? and otherwise taking up space

Kids "hitting" each other with tubes, tubes floating around everytwhere

a real mess

Water wings are more likely "attached" to the kids, in use while they use them, rather than floating around

No it is not...I have mixed feelings on alcohol smuggling but it does not annoy others or harm their health that I can see

I get sick of these parents who want to put their diapered babies in the pools

I agree with Mamaskittles....the "rings" and such are not really safety measures...and I do know a guy who runs a charity that gives swim lessons to kids, I have helped him host events for his charity....drowning is the number one cause of death for little kids in Florida btw

so yes, these don't provide real help , it is a lazy measure on the part of the parents

It also inconveniences others....I was on one cruise where some kids had "super shooters" in the jazcuzzi and snorkel gear and other toys...very annoying

Which is why I found my "swan" picture, but apparently my swan and the "tubes" are not allowed per Carnival staff

Now if you can "smuggle" them into the pool and put invisable powers on the tube maybe it will be ok??

A rule is a rule. Picking and choosing which ones you are going to follow still makes you a hypocrite.

Maybe we should all just pick the ones we want to follow and too bad for the rest. Or just the ones that don't bother you. :rolleyes:

And I would say that if you need to smuggle alcohol you are too cheap to vacation.

A child in a small tube in the pool isn't any more annoying than the loud sloppy drunk. If something so petty as a child in a small tube in the pool is going to annoy you, maybe you should vacation where other people aren't around. And no I don't have any children.

A rule is a rule. Picking and choosing which ones you are going to follow still makes you a hypocrite.

Maybe we should all just pick the ones we want to follow and too bad for the rest. Or just the ones that don't bother you. :rolleyes:

And I would say that if you need to smuggle alcohol you are too cheap to vacation.

A child in a small tube in the pool isn't any more annoying than the loud sloppy drunk. If something so petty as a child in a small tube in the pool is going to annoy you, maybe you should vacation where other people aren't around. And no I don't have any children.

If the fact that people smuggle booze to avoid the high cost annoys you maybe you should vacation elsewhere.

FYI I didn't meet anyone on MSC who had to smuggle, the prices were great and they had deals and specials.

I don't go in the pools really but I would not want to see that irresponsible woman with the baby the "float" in the hot tub

and I would report her

:D

If the fact that people smuggle booze to avoid the high cost annoys you maybe you should vacation elsewhere.

FYI I didn't meet anyone on MSC who had to smuggle, the prices were great and they had deals and specials.

I don't go in the pools really but I would not want to see that irresponsible woman with the baby the "float" in the hot tub

and I would report her

:D

People that smuggle alcohol don't bother me in the least. That's the difference between you and I, I wont waste my vacation time being petty by reporting someone with a tube in a pool that I have no intention of swimming in. Babies in diapers has nothing to do with this conversation. That is a health hazard, swimming with a tube is not.

My comment about the alcohol was just to show that you are a hypocrite. You posted asking about rum runners which no matter how you spin it, is breaking the rules set by the cruise line.

Maybe you would have a better time if you stopped worrying about what others are doing. This reminds me of a post a while ago where some crazy lady said she would video tape people breaking rules and report them to security. What a sad life that someone would feel the need to do this.

Do not go out in public.

They aren't permitted for the not being potty trained but the health issues are an entirely different issue. Hot tubs are supposed to be under 104 degrees, but I have seen them higher...the smaller the child the less tolerence for those high temperatures...parents don't realize that their kids can get overheated and get dizzy or pass out, or worse if their body temperature gets too high...

The potty training is the reason CCL doesn't let them in, but parents should have enough common sense to keep them out for the other aspects...

I went in a few of the jaccuzis on the Glory and they were barely bath water temp. I'd rather not share a hot tub with any child but it isn't because I fear it's too hot for them, it's their inability to just sit still.

I went in a few of the jaccuzis on the Glory and they were barely bath water temp. I'd rather not share a hot tub with any child but it isn't because I fear it's too hot for them, it's their inability to just sit still.

Yes, a hot tub is no place for a child.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Yes, please listen to people who DON't have children, they are the EXPERTS! :rolleyes: Like I said, the water wings or a small life ring are fine. But yet again, it takes, oh wait how many pages to give your a correct answer@ :rolleyes:

Yes, please listen to people who DON't have children, they are the EXPERTS! :rolleyes: Like I said, the water wings or a small life ring are fine. But yet again, it takes, oh wait how many pages to give your a correct answer@ :rolleyes:

I DON'T have children, but I DO have something some others seem to be missing--common sense. Even given the poorly-written rule, there is enough there to figure out what is appropriate (water wings and small life rings surely are) and what is not. OP's question was fine and once someone pointed out the rule, common sense should have kicked in and the discussion ended. But, I guess the pot stirrers need their day.

You are going to laugh .. but I saw a family or at least several kids .. all at the same time, wearing those orange life preservers they have in the cabins.

Yep ... one cruise a bunch of kids all wore them.

well i did. :p

and afterward, i remembered i actually saw one myself years ago.

It is not a matter of common sense

The staff member on Carnival clearly said (in response to this direct question) ...water wings ok...tubes NO

ONLY water wings

this was posted on the funforum

it is a matter of safety, really would be a mess in those pools with a bunch of tubes floating around

Archived