Pool floatie/water wing Question

scrap4girls

I have a 3 yr old. Even though she is currently taking swim lessons. She of course cant swim. She loves the pool and we plan to spend lots of time there on the ship.

Does Carnival allow inter-tubes/floatie/water wings on the ship. Or have you seen life jackets used only.

Thank you :)

Pools on Carnival ships are itsy bitsy, thats why you cant bring floats and such. Its standing room only. Dont expect to actually swim unless its off hours.

She cant bring a regular inter tube .. I assume you are talking about some smaller childrens ring she wears around her waist?

It would be interesting if everyone brought these...then there really would be NO room in the pool

Thank god for adult pools and serenity deck <grin>

Water wings/floaties, child's innertube take up room? :rolleyes:

Better a kid wearing floaties than leaving 'floaties'. :p

Directly from carnival.com FAQ's:

"Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board."

The ORIGINAL question asked about intertubes also...which are NOT allowed

there is a difference between an intertube and water wings

I wonder if anyone will try to put this new Carnival toy in the pool??

http://t.co/nMOubqtI

CARNIVAL TO PRODUCE FULL-SIZE, INFLATABLE CRUISE SHIP POOL TOY.

Ever wanted a full sized cruise ship, now you can. Carnival Cruise Lines, plans to bring a 1/1 scale inflatable cruise ship to market this summer. Perfect for cooling off in ...lakes, rivers and other large bodies of water, this limited edition, 1,004-foot floatie will be available for purchase online and delivered to your doorstep-via 18-wheeler. While Carnival is excited about the toy, they warn consumers not to inflate the ship indoors or by themselves, recommending either a commercial air pump or a friend to assist with inflation

Think you misread my post. I see no problem with wings, floaties, or tubes.

Apparently Carnival does see a problem with TUBES - they are not allowed

"safety" devices such as water wings are permitted

Would hate to see more misinformation being given out

perhaps you should reread the faqs. tube are allowed.

There is also a child's wading pool that is much less populated, and only a few inches deep. So not deep enough for real swimming but perfect for small children who might be more interested in splashing around. My kids adored it on our first cruise. On the Valor, it's on the Sun deck, by Camp Carnival.:)

perhaps you should reread the faqs. tube are allowed.

"Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board."

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-544480

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-544480

yup. a tube used as a life preserver is perfectly acceptable.

Yeah??? It does NOT say that a tube can be used as a life preserver...carnival says water wings

so when I cruise from home port, I can bring some fun stuff as MY life preservers right??

like this >>

512iDXeljaL._SX150_.jpg

Not only a Life Preserver but NO more worries about chogs

Motorized-Pool-Lounger-By-Excalibur-300x174.jpg

I like swams

NT268.jpg

Preserve 4 lives...and no more worries about finding a suitable table for a game of gin rummy

181101_B.jpg

Yeah??? It does NOT say that a tube can be used as a life preserver...carnival says water wings

so when I cruise from home port, I can bring some fun stuff as MY life preservers right??

like this >>

512iDXeljaL._SX150_.jpg

Not only a Life Preserver but NO more worries about chogs

Motorized-Pool-Lounger-By-Excalibur-300x174.jpg

I like swams

NT268.jpg

Preserve 4 lives...and no more worries about finding a suitable table for a game of gin rummy

181101_B.jpg

LOL!!! You're correct. I've NEVER seen a tube in any of the pools. They're too small.

I have a 3 yr old. Even though she is currently taking swim lessons. She of course cant swim. She loves the pool and we plan to spend lots of time there on the ship.

Does Carnival allow inter-tubes/floatie/water wings on the ship. Or have you seen life jackets used only.

Thank you :)

No idea what's "allowed" but there were a few little girls with floaties on in the pool on our April trip on Fascination

If you are saying I was giving misinformation, you are wrong.

I was stating that I had no problem with the tubes. I was not speaking for Carnival.

I am not talking about a car/truck innertube, but the small colorful ones for little kids. Big difference.

If you are saying I was giving misinformation, you are wrong.

I was stating that I had no problem with the tubes. I was not speaking for Carnival.

I am not talking about a car/truck innertube, but the small colorful ones for little kids. Big difference.

And actually, that is clearly what the OP was talking about...the children's innertube/water wing things. I think most everyone else gets it.;)

I think the swimmies that go on a kids upper arms are fine, however, I have a big problem with any other floatation device including the little cute swim rings ( tubes ) kids use.

I am picturing 30 kids with colorful swim rings pushing shoving kicking and otherwise annoying every other paying passanger trying to use the pool.:eek:

One kid with a ring will inevitably lead to a pool full of lifesaver clad kids. Not for mamaskittles.

BTW I have a 2 year old Granddaughter I adore, but my opinion goes for her swim ring too.:D

Archived