Duty free liquor to purchase before cruise at airport?

christa

Negative. You must have an international AIR TRAVEL ticket to buy at the duty free shops in the airport. And at MCO (and probably all int'l airports), you can't just walk out of the store with your purchase; personnel from the shop deliver your purchase to the aircraft.

Ok thank you. Now I have to decide if I want to risk packing in checked baggage .

If you do put beverages in your checked bags for air travel, you must transfer it to your carry on to board the ship (Disney's rules).

:)

There could be other non-duty free liquor stores, maybe in the departure lounge. Not sure if you can reach there from the arrivals .

Not at MCO and I've never seen one at ATL (or any other airport).

Actually I take that back. You can buy wine to go at Vino Volo by the bottle, and in a handful of airports you can buy local wines by the bottle at a couple of shops.

Wines can be had in tetra pack cartons , but not sure you will find one of your choice.Then you can safely put it in your checked bags.

Disney doesn't allow you to put alcohol or beverages of any type in your checked luggage regardless of how it's packaged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by christa View Post

Ok thank you. Now I have to decide if I want to risk packing in checked baggage .
Wines can be had in tetra pack cartons , but not sure you will find one of your choice.Then you can safely put it in your checked bags.

I am sure she meant airline checked baggage .

Archived