Zuiderdam - a very pleasant surprise

bobalink

When we boarded the ship, I went to book my massage. The girls at the Spa suggested the Thermal Suites Package. Normally $85 per person, "on sale" for $75 per person. When I told her that my friend would want to book it, too, she said, "If are you in the same stateroom you can pay $60 each."

We were able to book our massages for a 20% discount, and use the warming beds, mineral water pool and steam rooms. More may have been included, but that was enough to convince me!

I noticed that when we were experiencing rough seas, it was not even noticeable while I was in the mineral pool. Lots of powerful water jets.

I don't know what may be available on the Veendam, perhaps you can call HAL.

Enjoy!

Hi bobalink,

Thank you for your review and reporting of the "Zuiderdam Experience", I enjoyed reading it. I'm glad you had a great cruise overall.

The prices you are quoting above $60.00, $75.00 or $85.00. Are those the price to spend a day using the warming beds, steam room and mineral water pool? or per visit?...or hopefully, per cruise (hehe)?

It sounds like I would like to use these services, but not sure I could afford more than one day or visit there per cruise. They had one of those mineral pools on the Celebrity Millenium for free for adults only and that was my favorite part of the ship!

Thank you,

soccer

P.S. I love your photos!

The prices you are quoting above $60.00, $75.00 or $85.00. Are those the price to spend a day using the warming beds, steam room and mineral water pool? or per visit?...or hopefully, per cruise (hehe)?

soccerpapi,

I like your member name. I was a "soccer mama" for years, as my daughter played all the way through college.

The Thermal Package was $60 for the duration of the cruise. I was on the 4-day Pacific Coastal cruise.

The mineral water and warming beds were so relaxing!

Have fun on your next cruise!

soccerpapi,

I like your member name. I was a "soccer mama" for years, as my daughter played all the way through college.

The Thermal Package was $60 for the duration of the cruise. I was on the 4-day Pacific Coastal cruise.

The mineral water and warming beds were so relaxing!

Have fun on your next cruise!

Thank you you soccermami!

It sounds pretty reasonably priced now, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks again,

soccer

Thanks for your review. I too loved the artwork on the Zuiderdam and too the self-guided art tour for a for just over an hour on a sea day during our Panama cruise in Jan. 2012. Nice to see the artwork again!

I also have a Canon Powershot but I may have to upgrade it...the 'museum' setting sounds great for when a flash isn't really desired in certain circumstances.

I only wish the center (high-powered) hydropool in the spa had been working when we were on board. :(

But the we loved the staff ...especially Jetro on the Lido deck. He went above and beyond our expectations. Probably explains extra the 6 lbs. I gained.

Here are photos I took of the Zuiderdam leaving Vancouver for Alaska on May 12.

After you sail under the Lions Gate Bridge (the bridge that gave Lionsgate Studios its name) you will see beaches on the starboard side of the ship below the North Shore mountains.

The first beach (where this photo was taken from) is an off leash beach and you'll see dogs running freely and jumping in the water after sticks thrown in by their owners.

DSC00509.JPG?gl=US

DSC00506.JPG

Bobalink,

I enjoyed meeting you at the M&G. I got home last night (Sunday) around 8:30 pm. I really enjoyed the cruise, rough seas and all.

Roz

Archived