Carnival Fantasy-class "new" balcony cabins

NCTribeFan

Carnival has added "new" balcony cabins on some of their Fantasy-class ships. They originally had a few Suites on Upper Deck, then they added some 'regular' balcony cabins above and below the big suites. I think there are six on each deck, so 12 per side.

I've booked my DD and soon-to-be DH in one of these, across the hall from me and my friend. It's a surprise for their honeymoon. She thinks I've put them in a regular interior.

I booked for most-forward cabin, hoping that this will cut down on the smoke drifting from any other cabin. She's asthmatic and was bothered by the smoke on our Miracle cruises, when we had our only balconies.

I'm guessing the cabin itself is exactly as it was (185 sq ft, standard Carnival cabin) and cruisedeckplans states the balcony is 35 sq ft.

Does anyone have any photos of these "new" cabins? Has anyone stayed in one and have any comments? Likes or dislikes?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I try to keep things where they "should" go (like port or departure city questions), but no luck with any response here, yet.

I've read the recent Ecstacy reviews. Maybe I should search for all the recent reviews for the other ships (Sensation and Fascination) and see if any of those cruisers have stayed in one.

We stayed in our first balcony cabin last July on the Ecstasy. We had room M222. Loved the balcony and the room was exactly like the pictures on the Carnival website. Liked the location of our room due to only neighbors on one side of us. Did have smoke wafting onto our balcony at times, but not enough to bother.

Archived