Need info on suites please.

39august

I have been to the Carnival website and can't find what I want there. So I'm sure you folks can help me out. What are the levels of suites on Carnival, please? And how big is the least expensive suite? We are familiar with RCI's suites and wonder if there is a catagory similar to Jr. Suite.

You dont say which ship .. though they dont vary as much as on RCL in size, they do vary by class of ship.

There are 3 categories, though the bottom category on a Fantasy class ship is more like a regular OV and not private.

The only perk is VIP embarkation (which I already get)

I don't have a link for a free site but a paid site I belong to says Grand Suite on Magic is avg 345 sq ft and 85 balcony; Ocean Suite is 275 and 65. As comparison standard balcony cabin is 185 sq ft/35 sq ft balcony.

Truth is....just a bigger stateroom with more space, a tub etc

Other lines...particularly NCL...have fabulous suites, perks, butlers and so forth....

Carnival has a bathtub and VIP embarkation

there is not a whole lot of info bout them cause they just don't seem that different from regular balcony cabins

I guess it depends on the person. I know some people say they don't feel that it's worth while to pay more for a balcony over an inside. And some people say it's not worth while to pay more for a suite over a balcony. It is to me and Mom. We don't always get a suite but we have really enjoyed them when we did. It's just a bit more room and a bit larger balcony. And Mom really prefers a tub over a shower.

So, to some people, they don't seem much different but to us they do. Whether it will really matter to you or not, only you can say, probably not for sure until after you experience it.

But no other real perks (besides the cabin itself) other than VIP.

So, there are no junior suites on Magic, only Ocean and Grand suites? Ocean suites do not have a balcony, right? I have read on the RCI board that Carnival balcony cabins are larger than RcI's, but the sq. ft. shown above is smaller than the D balconies on Voyager and Freedom class ships. Hmmm. Thanks for the replies.

So, there are no junior suites on Magic, only Ocean and Grand suites? Ocean suites do not have a balcony, right? I have read on the RCI board that Carnival balcony cabins are larger than RcI's, but the sq. ft. shown above is smaller than the D balconies on Voyager and Freedom class ships. Hmmm. Thanks for the replies.

All suites .. on all cruiselines I know of .. suites have balconys.

I cant think of any that do not have balconys.

People always post that clap trap that all cabins on Carnival are larger than RCL. ...ignorance is bliss.

I have had a JS on Liberty OTS and Jewel OTS and they were much bigger than the equilavant on Carnival .. plus we got double loyalty credit.

Ocean suites (the former category 11) do have a balcony.

Sandy

Well to be honest, the OP is comparing them to a JS on RCL which is more like a 9C in that its not a full suite, nor considered one with RCL. No suite perks with a JS on RCL either.

OP I would get a 9C aft wrap if there are any left... not the Ocean Suite.

Firefly, so, a 9C catagory is a larger cabin than a regular balcony cabin?

Its not a lot larger .. but the balcony is huge. The balcony wraps around both sides .. its wonderfull. The cabin itself is more airy to me, because you can see out so much more than a regular suite or balcony.

I think there are about 6 of these.. so book early.

Those with the wrap around balcony are called Vista Suites on most ships. Another option is to look for a "premium" balcony cabin as they tend to be larger and so are the balconies. The only cabins with tubs are the suites unless you go for one of the new Family Ocean view cabins and they have a half size tub in that one. If you are curious, go to wwwdotcruiselineroomsdotcom and pick the ship you are interested in and look at the pictures people post of their cabins and suites. I have posted some from cabins we have been in and the site is really helpful.

This is a Jr.Suite on the Carnival Glory, which is 275 sq. ft.

100_1841.jpg

100_1738.jpg

100_1736.jpg

This is a Grand Suite, on Navigator of the Seas 390 sq. ft.

The suites have more perks on RCCL, but you do pay more

for their suites..

Picture017.jpg

100_2153.jpg

100_2136.jpg

bobmal - Thanks for the cabin pics. But the ones you have labeled as a Junior Suite on the Glory looks to be the exact same layout as the Ocean Suite (category OS) that we had on the Miracle. Is a Junior Suite and an Ocean Suite the same thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Princes have some Ocean View suites with no balcony. We were just on the Grand and they are wonderful. It's something they just started adding on Grand Class ships after they are refurbished. They ran a special and got it cheaper than a mini-suite. Since you can't smoke on the balcony it was fine not to have one and the windows were huge - both of them. They aren't advertised so I won't expect many to know about them.

All suites .. on all cruiselines I know of .. suites have balconys.

I cant think of any that do not have balconys.

People always post that clap trap that all cabins on Carnival are larger than RCL. ...ignorance is bliss.

I have had a JS on Liberty OTS and Jewel OTS and they were much bigger than the equilavant on Carnival .. plus we got double loyalty credit.

Save your money. The CCL suite is just a room with more square footage. You get few other benefits. If you want a "real suite" try NCL or Celebrity for almost the same price. Check out their pictures. You will be pampered with bar set ups, a butler, in suite dining, and beautifully appointed rooms.

I have been to the Carnival website and can't find what I want there. So I'm sure you folks can help me out. What are the levels of suites on Carnival, please? And how big is the least expensive suite? We are familiar with RCI's suites and wonder if there is a catagory similar to Jr. Suite.

We stayed in an ocean view suite on the magic and it was really nice. we stayed in 7363. if you Google state room pictures there is a web site that will let you look up any ship then there are cabin pictures posted there. i posted pictures of our cabin there myself. they have plenty of room and the balcony is nice. i hope this helps.

Archived