Bucket of Beer

If anyone has recently been on the Freedom of the Seas I would love to know if they offer a bucket of beer deal and what the cost of that was? I have also heard in the past they had offered a collapsible cooler that came with eight beers, although I'm not sure if they still offer that deal. I'm going with a group of six friends and these buckets are always great to share in the afternoon. Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

I shot this photo on the Oasis.

Could it be that they only sell the Beer Bags at the beginning of the Cruise like soda Cards so passengers get their money's worth?

Either they sell out early or RCI stops selling them early.

He (or she) who hesitates is Lost!

DSCN3508.jpg

DH called RCL before our last cruise in April on the Explorer and was finally told this promotion is to be fleet wide. He finally got her to email the ship to make sure they would have them. She called me the next day and said they would have them the next week. They had them when we sailed. So call RCL and tell them if it is fleet wide why are they not on this ship?

I shot this photo on the Oasis.

Could it be that they only sell the Beer Bags at the beginning of the Cruise like soda Cards so passengers get their money's worth?

Either they sell out early or RCI stops selling them early.

He (or she) who hesitates is Lost!

DSCN3508.jpg

Got mine mid-cruise on Oasis in May. No shortage on that one.

Do they open all of the beers in the bag when they give it to you? I have had them do that with a 5 beer bucket previously

The do not open any of them - in fact there is an opener attached to the bag for your convenience. Just fill them up and hand them to you. Had them in the room during the week.

And to the other post, yes - it is OK to take them to Labadee - I took mine. (It was in our beach bag for convenience - but with us just the same. We had a Cabana which was nice as a retreat from the sun for a few cold ones).

Are the beers 12 or 16 oz? Can you buy a "beverage package" ahead of time? If not, what bar do you purchase this at? Do you have to return the bottles in the bag? and Do you have to bring the bag back to the same bar every time? This is my assignment from the DH today! Counting on you guys to hook me up!! :D

Katie

Several bars sell them and the display above was on the Promenade.

It is considered best to return the bottles or toss them in an appropriate container as opposed to tossing them into the pool or over the side of the ship.

It is considered best to return the bottles or toss them in an appropriate container as opposed to tossing them into the pool or over the side of the ship.

AWW Now come on I was planning on taking mine and using them as clays to shoot at!!!!:eek:

I hope they have these in August when we go I will be getting one!!

Does anyone know the cost of the bucket of five beers? I was on a princess ship and they were about $16

Our experience on RCL (just went through the last four cruise bills just to make sure) is there is no discount on buckets unless the ship is running a special on a particular brand that day. A bucket with five beers costs exactly five times the cost of one beer.

Are the beers 12 or 16 oz? Can you buy a "beverage package" ahead of time? If not, what bar do you purchase this at? Do you have to return the bottles in the bag? and Do you have to bring the bag back to the same bar every time? This is my assignment from the DH today! Counting on you guys to hook me up!! :D

Katie

Typically the bottles and cans are either 350ml (~11.5 oz) or 12 oz, depending on where they're sourced from. Some (like fosters or Guiness, are larger)

Archived