Magic questions

39august

What are the included dining venues on Magic, please? And what are the fee-based and the cost of these. I see on deck plans there is an aerobic studio. Are aerobic classes offered on a regular basis and is there a fee? Is there a Welcome Aboard type reception with free drinks and are there any drink specials? Does Magic have an anytime dining option? Are gratuities automatically added to your on-board account?

Magic is just like the other Carnival ships.....your alcohol or soda is extra.

Yes gratuities are automatically added to your S & S account.

Yes there is "anytime" dining available.

There is not a "welcome aboard" reception but there is a "Past Guest Party" with free drinks.

Some of the aerobics classes have a fee.

Classes in the gym I think run $12 pp.

There is a farewell party the last sea day at 5 pm with free drinks.

Tandori, indian food is free, and there is a burrito bar, free, and the Italian is free for lunch and $12 for dinner. Steak restaurant is not free, and the coffee shop not free. Red Frog pub the entrees are $3.33 each.

Everything else I can think of is free, pizza, grill, the usual stuff.

We are on her in February. I believe the steak house, cucina del capitano (at dinner only, free at lunch!), and red frog are the only additional charges food wise. Alcohol and Soda are an additional cost. Lido deck dining, burrito bar, Mongolian wok, deli, etc and late night pizza/hamburgers are all included. Conquest class ships used to have a fish and chips place above the lido buffet, I don't know if the Magic does. There is also complimentary sushi at various times!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We are on her in February. I believe the steak house, cucina del capitano (at dinner only, free at lunch!), and red frog are the only additional charges food wise. Alcohol and Soda are an additional cost. Lido deck dining, burrito bar, Mongolian wok, deli, etc and late night pizza/hamburgers are all included. Conquest class ships used to have a fish and chips place above the lido buffet, I don't know if the Magic does. There is also complimentary sushi at various times!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We will be on the Magic in March next year. My daughter's boyfriend will be happy, he is a sushi freak!

No, there is not a Fish and Chips on the Magic but in addition to the list of included food there is BBQ on sea days. I think it was on deck 5. We did not have time to try the BBQ but I hear it is very good! I'm going to make time next April!

The Cucina del Capitano at lunch is included and is very good! We did not eat there for dinner but I think there is a $10 charge pp.

We enjoyed all of the food that was included!

The Steakhouse is $30pp, Cucina del Capitano is free at lunch and $12pp at dinner and requires reservations for dinner. Red Frog Pub has Pub Grub for $3.33 per serving. Of course the pastry shop and specialty coffee's have a charge.

There are numerous free venues throughout the morning, noon and evening. On the Lido deck the Buffet is open all three meals, the Deli is open from 11A to 11P, burgers and hot dogs and free pizza are available and the Tandouri Grill are all free.

On the Promenade, there is an outdoor BBQ on the starboard side. The Sushi place is free at nightime but serves wraps and salads during the day and it is free. You can also get a hot buffet type breakfast (limited selections) on the Promenade midship by the Karaoke stage. They also serve chips and dips and stuff later in the day.

okgirl you are making me wish my Magic cruise would hurry up and get here.

Let me tell you Fire......it was the best cruise out of the 26 I've done.....I really didn't think I was going to like it all the much because I wasn't crazy about the Dream. But they have done so much to address the crowding issues. I can't wait to sail on her again.

There are so many dining options that we only ate dinner in the MDR 3 times and we NEVER ate lunch in there.....and that's just unheard of for me and Donna.......She always eats breakfast in the buffet, but opted for the much more convient mini buffet on the Promenade...

And the wraps and custom made salads at the Sushi bar at noon were fabulous. You can choose from all different kind of veggies and lettuces, then they have meats that you can add to the salad too. They mix it all up in a bowl and serve it on a platter....the only thing they could do to possibly improve that area is putting in a couple of urns of soup. I ended up taking an extra wrap back to my cabin every day to have as a late night snack.....very yummy.......

I've posted this to other threads but, so far, I haven't gotten any replies. We're booked on the Crown Princess, the Mariner and the Magic out of Galveston for our family Christmas cruise and are having a hard time deciding which one to choose. Our grandchildren, ages 7 & 8, are part of the group so we're really interested to hear about Camp Carnival, the pool deck, water slide and any and all activities for children that Carnival offers. (We were on the Mariner last December ... kids loved it. The adults were just "so-so" when comparing to our previous RCi cruises.) Carnival goes to Montego Bay which is not our favorite port. Can any of you compare the Hilton Rose Hall to Sunset Beach? Have you experienced these all-inclusives with young children? Did you feel safe? Hassled by vendors? We're in 8D balconies on the Veranda deck. And, as far as Princess goes, we were all set to try the Crown Princess as the initial itinerary was going to 4 ports rather than 3. Now Princess has also cancelled Costa Maya so there's really no advantage other than the price of mini-suites. Decisions, decisions. Right now, Carnival looks like the best deal and it would also be a new experience for us. I do hate giving up the probable double Diamond points for December but, oh, well, we've never gotten an upgrade anyway.

Let me tell you Fire......it was the best cruise out of the 26 I've done.....I really didn't think I was going to like it all the much because I wasn't crazy about the Dream. But they have done so much to address the crowding issues. I can't wait to sail on her again.

There are so many dining options that we only ate dinner in the MDR 3 times and we NEVER ate lunch in there.....and that's just unheard of for me and Donna.......She always eats breakfast in the buffet, but opted for the much more convient mini buffet on the Promenade...

And the wraps and custom made salads at the Sushi bar at noon were fabulous. You can choose from all different kind of veggies and lettuces, then they have meats that you can add to the salad too. They mix it all up in a bowl and serve it on a platter....the only thing they could do to possibly improve that area is putting in a couple of urns of soup. I ended up taking an extra wrap back to my cabin every day to have as a late night snack.....very yummy.......

Wow, I never noticed the salads and wraps! That sounds amazing! There are so many places to eat that we could not fit them all in!! The burrito bar was really good too! and the deli and the pizza...I could go on and on! I can't wait to sail the Magic again in April! (It's soooo far!!!):o

I've posted this to other threads but, so far, I haven't gotten any replies. We're booked on the Crown Princess, the Mariner and the Magic out of Galveston for our family Christmas cruise and are having a hard time deciding which one to choose. Our grandchildren, ages 7 & 8, are part of the group so we're really interested to hear about Camp Carnival, the pool deck, water slide and any and all activities for children that Carnival offers. (We were on the Mariner last December ... kids loved it. The adults were just "so-so" when comparing to our previous RCi cruises.) Carnival goes to Montego Bay which is not our favorite port. Can any of you compare the Hilton Rose Hall to Sunset Beach? Have you experienced these all-inclusives with young children? Did you feel safe? Hassled by vendors? We're in 8D balconies on the Veranda deck. And, as far as Princess goes, we were all set to try the Crown Princess as the initial itinerary was going to 4 ports rather than 3. Now Princess has also cancelled Costa Maya so there's really no advantage other than the price of mini-suites. Decisions, decisions. Right now, Carnival looks like the best deal and it would also be a new experience for us. I do hate giving up the probable double Diamond points for December but, oh, well, we've never gotten an upgrade anyway.

We had a total of 6 kids on our cruise in December on the Magic and they all loved it! Camp Carnival makes the kids feel so special and they have so many activities that we could not keep up with all of them. The kids (and adults) loved the sports deck! That is where we spent most of our time. The ropes course was really fun and the 2 level mini golf was my 3 yr olds favorite. They have pool and ping pong and fooseball tables in that same area! The water park was really fun too!

We went to Sunset Beach in Jamaica and it was ok...we decided to leave the little boys (3&4) on the ship in Camp Carnival. This really scared me to do this but in the long run I'm glad we did (they had a blast in CC). Anyways, I did not like the beach at Sunset. Too much coral too close to the beach for me but my huband loved it and snorkeled the entire time there! I did really like the water park though and so did the older kids (9,10,13 and 14 yrs old). I was most excited about Jamaica and I may have liked it better if it had been our first port but Cozumel was a blast and Grand Cayman was beautiful! Let me know if you have anyother questions! I LOVE the Magic!!!:)

...I forgot to try Red Frog and never tried Tandori .. so much I want to try on Magic :D
...and here's why you need to go to the Red Frog Pub...

DSCN1003.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

...this was a 110 oz. Thirsty Frog Red dispenser. This is great beer. Can't wait to be back on Magic in August.

Here's hoping you get to try this too. Bon Voyage!

We had a total of 6 kids on our cruise in December on the Magic and they all loved it! Camp Carnival makes the kids feel so special and they have so many activities that we could not keep up with all of them. The kids (and adults) loved the sports deck! That is where we spent most of our time. The ropes course was really fun and the 2 level mini golf was my 3 yr olds favorite. They have pool and ping pong and fooseball tables in that same area! The water park was really fun too!

We went to Sunset Beach in Jamaica and it was ok...we decided to leave the little boys (3&4) on the ship in Camp Carnival. This really scared me to do this but in the long run I'm glad we did (they had a blast in CC). Anyways, I did not like the beach at Sunset. Too much coral too close to the beach for me but my huband loved it and snorkeled the entire time there! I did really like the water park though and so did the older kids (9,10,13 and 14 yrs old). I was most excited about Jamaica and I may have liked it better if it had been our first port but Cozumel was a blast and Grand Cayman was beautiful! Let me know if you have anyother questions! I LOVE the Magic!!!:)

This is exactly the info I need. Oh, how the perspective changes when you have young children in the group. We're leaning toward the Magic but I need someone to push me over the edge :-) And, thanks for the heads up on Sunset Beach. Now if I can just get some info on Rose Hall. I'd feel much more comfortable if Carnival offered an all-inclusive beach day. The other excursions don't look suitable for young children. We all love Cozumel! The children and grandchildren have never been to Grand Cayman so as long as we can tender, they'll be happy campers. I'd hate to think that we're going to be sitting on the deck staring at that gorgeous island not being able to go ashore. Again, I really want to thank you!

Archived