Glass Bottom boat excursion thru Carnival in Nassau

mwood0612

We went on this excursion. It was alright. You ride out in seats and listen to area information. When you get to the site half the ship goes down to look out windows in the bottom, then the halves switch sides. The rum punch on the trip was de-li-ci-ous! On our trip the fish must have been visiting relatives because they were few and far between. Others may have had better luck. It was a memory.

Haven't done the Carnival one but there are plenty of glass bottom boats you can just hop on right outside the port. We did one in Nassau in 2010, $15 per person with one glass of rum punch included. Same deal as the above poster described.

The only glass bottom boat ride our family has been on was in Key West. It was so much fun.....until EVERYONE on the boat started barfing!! Something about staring down into that water moving, I guess. I have never seen so much vomit in my life, nor have I been so sick!!! But, that being said.....everyone should try it once!! :rolleyes:

Has anyone done the Glass bottom boat tour thru carnival in Nassau before? I can't seem to find any recent reviews for this excursion. Any info or advice would be good! Thanks!

Don't get too excited about it. As others post, it's a tour to do out of curiosity, usually a one time thing.

We did the Carnival Glass Bottom boat excursion and had a great time on the way out to the reef area. The views of Nassau were amazing. The homes, the water and Atlantis were beautiful. However, when we got to the site for viewing we went down to the bottom level of the boat. The smell of gasoline was strong and made all of us queasy. We did see fish for the time we were down there but eventually had to go back up stairs to keep from getting sick.

We throughly enjoyed the sail too and from but would probably pass on doing the glass bottom viewing again !!

We did it once and would not do it again. DD had her toe run over by the boarding ramp and was crying the whole time. No one bothered to see if we needed any help. Luckily I carried a first aid kit with me. She ended up losing her big toe nail. On top of that there was hardly any fish to see. If I hadn't been busy trying to calm down DD I would have been extremely bored.

Thanks for your honest opinions!!! I think we are just going to go to Junkanoo beach and spend the day for free!! And maybe throw in a little shopping on Bay St!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
Thanks for your honest opinions!!! I think we are just going to go to Junkanoo beach and spend the day for free!! And maybe throw in a little shopping on Bay St!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never understood why so many cruises go to Nassau. So many better places to visit.

Sounds like the same excursion we took quite a few years ago. If you like just a boat ride and some punch, you will like the excursion. Saw a couple of fish and a lot of sand.The fish are not on vacation, they have relocated