How to request a carnival brochure

vols159

thats a shame.. I enjoy looking at brochures comparing ships/ ports/ cruise lines.. anyone else find ccl site just a tad bit hard to use?

Brochures have gone by the wayside just like the mom & pop travel agency. Nowadays, you educate yourself on the individual cruise line websites. There are many online cruise agencies that are able to answer any specific questions that you may have. At least you're ahead of the game, you know about Cruise Critic and you can get a wealth of information on here from past cruisers of any cruise line as well as information on ports of call and where to stay pre-cruise in your embarkation city. Many of the posters on here know more than on line travel agents.

I have a few brouchures from a few years ago.

They were the worst I have ever seen, thay had almost nothing to do with the ships.

I think it had around 110 pages and it only had 11 pictures of Carnival ships. Some were tiny.

It is mostly stock photos of beaches and tropical stuff, probably not even the place it said it was.

The others were a bunch of people with highly exaggerated and fake smiles/laughs...

Edited by matj2000

thats a shame.. I enjoy looking at brochures comparing ships/ ports/ cruise lines.. anyone else find ccl site just a tad bit hard to use?

Use one of the popular online cruise travel sites.

You can compare all the different cruiselines, broken down into week, ports, # of days, cabins, ect.

Much better than using the individual cruiseline company websites.

i can't believe the horrible, out of date website carnival has. Some of it is downright misleading, in my opinion.

• 6 years later...
My brick and mortar TA stocks brochures for many cruise lines.

The Carnival brochure is very helpful. It contains deck plans for every ship and itineraries.

My current one is dog-earred and nearly worn out, and is a valuable tool.

A six year old thread has risen from the dead.

There are websites that have deck plans for every major cruise line and all of their ships, not just Carnival. Brick and mortar TA's are only valuable for those that are not savvy with the internet.

A six year old thread has risen from the dead.

There are websites that have deck plans for every major cruise line and all of their ships, not just Carnival. Brick and mortar TA's are only valuable for those that are not savvy with the internet.

That's me! I'm glad there are still options for all of us.

If you're savvy enough to know about and post on CC, then you're savvy enough to do cruise research online.

You're right. But I love the whole page deck plans. And I love the personal knowledge the TA has from having been on the ships we discuss.

No right or wrong way, just grateful there are still many ways to gather information.

To each his own.

I got my Carnival paper brochure (112 pages) late last year from my AAA travel agent. It lists sailings through April 2019 although some of the sailings do change. Check with a travel agent. I look at deck plans on line but it very convenient to just get my book out and look at the whole ship's layout on 2 facing pages with all symbols and colors defined.

I also like brochures for a quick reference. It’s easier for me to pull out the book than it is to turn the laptop on and sort through all the different pages especially when looking at deck plans. Celebrity still offers brochures for free through mail and as soon as they update it with Edge I’ll be ordering. I had to go to a TA a couple years ago to get a Carnival one. I felt bad as I never intended to use them, but I had to act like I was interested to get one. Talk about Carnival putting their customers in an awkward situation.

You can gather more information on CC than any biased info from a TA who could be pushing a certain cruise line because of fam trips they went on. And the cruise deck plans online provide more information than any paper brochure.

But, if you need the guidance of a TA, so be it.

You can gather more information on CC than any biased info from a TA who could be pushing a certain cruise line because of fam trips they went on. And the cruise deck plans online provide more information than any paper brochure.

But, if you need the guidance of a TA, so be it.

I just want a brochure, not all the nonsense that goes along with a TA. Unfortunately Carnival makes you go through a TA to get one. I find the paper ones easier to read than the ones on the computer and it’s quicker to break out my brochure especially if I’m sitting in bed thinking about planning or am not sure of something. I still have ones with the Holiday in it and It’s neat to be able to go back and look.